- Introduction of a unified product that will satisfy U.S. and Euro print conditions.
- Colour system to enable confident use of 4-colour process colours in offset lithographic printing and unambiguous communication of colour between designer and printer.
- Reference tool for PANTONE 4-colour process system in a fan guide format.
- 2,868 PANTONE process colours.
- 2 columns and 8 rows of individual colors on a page - total 16 colours per page.
- CMYK values printed beneath each colour.
- Available on coated and uncoated papers.
- Printed using ISO standard CMYK inks and ISO print standards where applicable.
- Useful regardless of geography.
- Chromatically arranged to easily find desired colours.
- Larger colour area than previous guides/colour flows light to dark.
- FSC certified papers used throughout.
- Printed at industry standard 175 line screen.
- Delta E 1.75 between colours makes colours distinct and printable.
- G7 workflow was used.
- Color identification numbers are ordered sequentially by page number and sequence on the page
- (ex. 2-1, 2-2,...2-14, 2-15, 2-16) to make locating and identifying colours straightforward.
- Ink set conforms to ISO 2846-1.
- Where applicable, conforms to ISO-12647-2:2-2004/Amd 1:2007.
|Print Rotation||Screen Angles|
|1. Black (K) ||45o|
|2. Cyan (C)||105o|
|3. Magenta (M)||75o|
|4. Yellow (Y) ||90o|
|1. Black (K) ||1.75||1.25|
|2. Cyan (C)||1.40||1.15|
|3. Magenta (M)||1.40||1.15|
|4. Yellow (Y) ||1.00||0.90|
- Measurements were taken with non-polarized ISO Status T reflection density filters.
- Establish dry-back effects before utilizing these values.
- Coated: #1 grade 100 lb gloss text stock (148 g/m2)
- Uncoated: premium grade 80 lb text stock (133 g/m2)
- 175 lines per inch/69 lines per cm
Tone-value increase targets
|25% ||12 +/- 3% ||20 +/- 3%|
|50%||16 +/- 3%||23 +/- 3%|
|75% ||12 +/- 3%||20 +/- 3%|
Gray balance combination
Tone C M Y
Mid 50% 40% 40%
Many variables in the printing process may affect colour reproduction, including:
- Output devices
- Dot shape and dot gain
- Print rotation, form layout
- Colour registration
- Ink colour accuracy/density
- Variations in paper colour
- Quality and texture
The Pantone CMYK Color Guide - GP4001, is a colour system to enable confident use of 4-colour process colours in offset lithographic printing