This CMYK set is a reference tool for the PANTONE 4-colour process system in a fan guide format, this is a different system to the PANTONE Plus or PMS system and so it does not relate to Pantone Spot colours. If you require the CMYK versions of Pantone Spot colours you will need to purchase a Color Bridge Guide.
- Introduction of a unified product that will satisfy U.S. and Euro print conditions.
- Colour system to enable confident use of 4-colour process colours in offset lithographic printing and unambiguous communication of colour between designer and printer.
- 2,868 PANTONE process colours.
- 2 columns and 8 rows of individual colors on a page - total 16 colours per page.
- CMYK values printed beneath each colour.
- Available on coated and uncoated papers.
- Printed using ISO standard CMYK inks and ISO print standards where applicable.
- Useful regardless of geography.
- Chromatically arranged to easily find desired colours.
- Larger colour area than previous guides/colour flows light to dark.
- FSC certified papers used throughout.
- Printed at industry standard 175 line screen.
- Delta E 1.75 between colours makes colours distinct and printable.
- G7 workflow was used.
- Color identification numbers are ordered sequentially by page number and sequence on the page
- (ex. 2-1, 2-2,...2-14, 2-15, 2-16) to make locating and identifying colours straightforward.
- This guide was produced using a complete digital workflow.
- The digitally-produced screens with Euclidean dots were output.
- Used CTP technology.
- Ink set conforms to ISO 2846-1.
- Where applicable, conforms to ISO-12647-2:2-2004/Amd 1:2007 for print parameters
|Print Rotation||Screen Angles|
|1. Black (K)||45o|
|2. Cyan (C)||105o|
|3. Magenta (M)||75o|
|4. Yellow (Y)||90o|
|1. Black (K)||1.75||1.25|
|2. Cyan (C)||1.40||1.15|
|3. Magenta (M)||1.40||1.15|
|4. Yellow (Y)||1.00||0.90|
- Measurements were taken with non-polarized ISO Status T reflection density filters.
- Establish dry-back effects before utilizing these values.
- Coated: #1 grade 100 lb gloss text stock (148 g/m2)
- Uncoated: premium grade 80 lb text stock (133 g/m2)
- 175 lines per inch/69 lines per cm
TONE-VALUE INCREASE TARGETS
|25%||12 +/- 3%||20 +/- 3%|
|50%||16 +/- 3%||23 +/- 3%|
|75%||12 +/- 3%||20 +/- 3%|
GRAY BALANCE COMBINATION
Tone C M Y
Mid 50% 40% 40%
The Pantone CMYK Color Guide - GP5101, is a colour system to enable confident use of 4-colour process colours in offset lithographic printing and unambiguous communication of colour between designer and printer that will satisfy U.S. and Euro print conditions.