About Arjuna Natural Extracts Limited
As our industry moves ahead by virtue of in depth and on going Research and Development, at Arjuna, our R&D wing never sits idle. Here R&D is inspired by reason, controlled by caution, sound in theory, practical in application, reflects confidence, raises morale, inspires all involved and thus sets international standards when it comes to customer specific herbal, spice or essential oil extracts. This helps us maintain consistent quality in all our products.
The most modern state of the art laboratory approved by the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, with the latest facilities like HPTLC (Nassaga), HPLC, UV, RI, densitometer, spectrometer, gas chromatograph, etc. form part of the R&D for efficient and effective quality control, product improvisation and innovations
Full fledged pilot plant, re-engineered with ATFD's, homoeogeniser, spray drier, etc, operated by competent staff under the direct control and supervision of the R&D wing is yet another powerful tool for Arjuna.
Arjuna's 11 000 sq mtrs ( 118 000 sq feet ) state-of-the-art manufacturing facility makes use of the most technologically advanced equipment to assure consistent product quality and efficient streamlined service. It guarantees standardized extract quality, purity and potency. The facility can handle product volumes ranging from a few 100 kilograms to several 100 metric tones.
Quality Policy / Processes
Arjuna's efficient sourcing mechanism, from approved vendors, makes sure that raw materials conform to certified standard analysis. Random samples are taken from each lot and inspected for physical properties and sent to its two testing laboratories to ensure quality assurance and sampling is conducted before production cycles are undertaken.
High-end specialized instruments like the High Performance Thin Layer Chromatograph (HPTLC), HPLC and UV Spectrophotometer are used to measure specific substances that are responsible for the herb's activity and effectiveness. These are then analyzed to ensure that active constituents of each herb are maintained at desired levels of consistency and potency.
Gas Chromatograph with capillary column is employed to ascertain the pesticide residue and purity of volatile oils.
Written standard operating procedures (SOPs) for each aspect of production are meticulously adhered to. Records are maintained for every batch of product.
Team / Manpower
Behind Arjuna's products is something just as important – Arjuna’s people, who are experts in their respective field. We have botanists, microbiologists, phytochemists and pharmacists whose contribution is a key factor to the company's rampant growth. Our team consists of undying energy to explore into the unknown, innovate and give out their best. They know that they are responsible to their customers worldwide. To this end, the mantra for the people at Arjuna is speed, focus and accountability.
The company also does not lag behind in helping the team in their continuous development. To empower its people, Arjuna regularly sends them overseas to attend orientation seminar and international trade fairs, on specific purpose of fine-tuning their marketing, management and technical skills. The team at Arjuna's is always updated with the developments in the world and domestic market.
ANEL, started in 1992, has around 300 employees, including 40 scientists who work full-time in research and monitoring clinical studies. This privately owned company is based in Kerala, southern state of India, and has won several awards and achievements for its quality research work over the last years. ANEL also works closely with the prestigious universities in USA and Australia and India.
ANEL is making every effort to identify Indian plants that are traditionally recognized as having therapeutic properties. Scientifically planned clinical researches are used to prove pharmacological value of the plant-based principles.
With its products being used in more than 40 countries, the success of ANEL is attributed to the careful selection of raw material, cutting edge extraction technology, latest analytical equipments and experienced QC personnel.
The grand success of BCM-95 ® and 11 international patents already awarded to ANEL is a proof of its innovating technology in the manufacturing of plant extracts and its constant effort in maximizing the pharmacological benefits of the product. ANEL has 5 well equipped manufacturing facilities spread across south India to produce plant extracts as per the quality standards. Cost effective manufacturing process gives competitive edge to each products.
- Mr. P J Kunjachan
- Dr.Benny Antony
- Mr. Jomy Jose
- Dr.Merina Benny Antony
Awards & Recognition
- 1999: Certificate of honor for Export Achievement from Spices Board.
- 1999: Award for excellence from Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation.
- 1999: Entrepreneur of the year Award 1999 by Berchman’s Institution of Management Studies, Kottayam
- 2000: Entrepreneur of the Year Award from BIMS
- 2001: Highest Export Award for Newly Developed Market from Spices Board.
- 2001: Arjuna R & D unit got recognized by Ministry of Science and Technology.
- 2005: National award for successful commercialization of an indigenous technology based product- Omega 3 fatty acids.
- 2005-2006: ICCI Award for exploration of new markets for herbal extracts
- 2010: Udyoga Patra National Award in recognition as a Self Made Entrepreneur by Institute of Trade & Industrial Development,Delhi.
- 2011: Outstanding Entrepreneurship Award from Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation.
- 2012: Sri. P.J Kunjachan (Chairman & Managing Director) selected as the Vice Chairman of Spices Board of India.
- 2012: Award for Innovator of Spice Products (Dr. Benny Antony, Director- Technical ) issued by Spices Board.
- 2012 Award for excellence from Spices Board as Highest Exporter for an Innovative Product.
- 2012: Award for Meritorious performance in the export of Spices/ Spice products from India for the year 2011-12 issued by Spices Board.
- 2014: Directorate of Industries and Commerce’ MSME (Micro Small & Medium Enterprises) Award’ 2011-12 for Ernakulam district.
- 2014: DC Books Excellence award for Best Corporate Promoting R&D and Industry University Interaction in Kerala.
Mr. P.J. Kunjachan, the Chairman and Managing Director of Arjuna Natural Extract Ltd were the founder member of Arjuna natural extracts Ltd. He started his professional career in the Natural Extracts industry in the year 1988 by setting up Arjuna Aromatics and later in the year 1992 it was incorporated as Arjuna Natural Extracts Ltd. Four National awards out of the eleven total awards received have added on beauty to his professional career.
To,Arjuna Natural Extracts Limited