Compulsory Registration Scheme for Electronics Products
Through a Gazette notification dated 3rd Oct 2012 , Department of Electronics and Information Technology has invoked Compulsory Registration Scheme of the BIS seeking mandatory compliance of 15 categories of Electronic Goods to Indian Safety Standards based on self declaration of Conformity. The testing to seek compulsory registration by manufacturers of these Electronic Goods is required to be conducted at BIS recognized Laboratories.
Information Available From BIS
- BIS Registration Scheme: Every manufacturer of the articles notifies by the Central Govt. for compulsory registration
- BIS Recognized Labs: All the Indian labs recognized by BIS for testing of Electronic products for compulsory registration Scheme
- Our Scope of Testing: BIS has recognized CTL to conduct the testing of Electronics goods under compulsory registration Scheme
- Agreement for Grant of BIS Registration: To be used by foreign manufacturer while applying to BIS for compulsory registration
- Form of nomination by manufacturer: BIS has prescribed the form for applying for compulsory registration
Information available from Deity
Mandatory Registration Scheme
- Electronics & Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012. Under the Gazette Notification the Central Govt. has made mandatory of 15 items under compulsory registration with BIS
- Order: Setting up of Technical Advisory Committee on "Electronics & IT Goods, Compulsory Registration", by DeitY, 2012
- Guidelines for series approval
- FAQ on "Electronics and Information Technology Goods (Requirements for Compulsory Registration) Order, 2012"
- Notification for extension of "Electronics and IT Goods (Compulsory Registration Order), 2012"
Technical Advisory Committee Meetings
- MoM for TAC meeting II on Series Approval
- MoM for TAC meeting III on Series Approval