LED (Light Emitting Diode) is recognized as a solid state semiconductor device that is utilized to convert electrical energy into light energy.
- It has long working life of 50,000 to 1, 00,000 operating hours.
- LED is mercury free and does not leave or emit any injurious or harmful radiations such as UV rays and therefore are environmental friendly
- It use 90% less energy in comparison to incandescent lights that reduce the cost of electricity
- It does not heat the area around and thus produce cool light. Moreover, it also reduces the possibility of electric shock. Apart from this, it is also never affected by overloading and voltage fluctuation.
- Due to its long working life and energy-efficient features reimbursement period is also less
- LED’s does not have filaments or glass tubes, so that they will never fuse like other conventional lamps
- With their outstanding efficiency, these LED’s are energy efficient and economical way of lighting.