These types of strainers are named after their shape and normally used for course filtration. But with large filtration area can be used with fine mesh also. Body of Y strainer is normally of cast iron or cast steel in various grades with flanged and socket weld type end connection. Fabricated Y strainers are also available. Features & Options:
- Easy cleaning or replacing the element.
- Compact size and Low weight
- Low Pressure drop across the filter.
- Low Installation and maintenance.
- With Drain Arrangement on request
- Adequate strength of element and housing
- Interchangeability of component with another of same type.
- Basket Strainers feature top removal of the screen. The screen is in the form of a basket, with a lifting handle, so that all particulate captured and retained by the screen can be easily removed for disposal. They are intended for applications where large amounts of solids particulate are expected and where the clean-out will be frequent.For easily flushable solids, a modified cone bottom basket can be tilted with automatic or manual blow-down through drain port. This will allow clean-out without removal of the screen, and without interrupting the flow process. Basket Strainers range in size from 3/8” – 24” with Threaded, Socket Weld or Flanged End Connections. Pressure ratings are ANSI 125-600#. Standard body materials offered are Cast Iron, Ductile Iron, Cast Steel, Stainless Steel, Chrome-Moly and Bronze. Various Perforations, Mesh or Perforation Mesh combinations baskets are available to meet your process requirements. Basket Strainers can be equipped with Bolted Covers, Hinged Covers, Clamped Covers, a Davit Lifting Device or other Lifting Device to make removal of large heavy covers safe and efficient. Widespread list of options are available.
- Duplex Strainers are designed for applications where flow cannot be shut down to service the strainer screen. Change over is accomplished by use of butterfly valves.They are very economical because they are fabricated to your specific requirements and with your choice of valves.This arrangement provides a bubble-tight shut off between basket chambers, essential for use in negative head pump suction systems.
- They are very economical because they are fabricated to your specific requirements and with your choice of valves.
- Tee strainers is a custom fabricated compound strainer designed to remove foreign particles from pipeline.Tee Type Strainers are a low cost solution to large nominal bore straining requirements. They can be mounted into vertical or horizontal piping and can be configured for right-angled applications.
- Tee strainers are most commonly supplied with a range of graded filtration levels (fine to coarse or vice-versa) to ensure that the system is running at the required cleanliness level when met with full load. Tee strainers feature either bolted cover or quick opening covers for application suitability.
- Tee strainers are used where a compact accessible strainers is needed for protection of pumps, valves and similar equipment.
Baskets And Custom Screens
- WE offer replacement screens and baskets and temporary strainers not only for our own products but for those of our competitors as well. Basket, Cone, Plate, Reverse Flow and many different engineering designs are available.
Automatic Scraper Strainer
- Automatic Scraper Strainer is a motorized unit designed for the continuous removal of suspended solids from intake, process and wastewater flows.
- These units can handle heavy solids loading with particles as small as 75 microns and as large as 150mm (6" stones). Our strainers have been installed on applications where backwash strainers have suffered premature clogging, such as black liquor, heavy oils, wax, unprotected river water intakes and boiler waste slurries.
- Cleaning is accomplished by a spring-loaded blade and brush system managed by a fully automatic control system. The blades remove larger solids while the brush clean out the individual slots of the wedgewire filtration element, removing smaller particles.The spring-loaded mechanism maintains blade and brush contact with the screen at all times.
- A separate blowdown timer allows the accumulated solids to be expelled from the bottom of the strainer vessel where they are collected during the scraping cycle. Having a separate blowdown cycle allows our scraper strainer to use far less fluid for cleaning than competing backwash designs.
The Scraper strainers are available in sizes 2" through 36" in fabricated construction using carbon steel, stainless steel and assorted alloys. All strainer vessels are designed and built in general accordance with ANSI and ASME Sec. VIII, Div. 1. Nozzle arrangements can be offset (standard), in-line at the top and at the bottom of the vessel.
- Automatic Scraper Strainers are used in nearly every industry to strain river, lake or seawater intakes for plant cooling water, fire protection and process requirements.
- Process Industry - Protect heat exchangers, pumps, valves and water spray nozzles.
- Power Industry - Protect heat exchangers, pump seal water, boiler wash water nozzles.
- Pulp & Paper - White water and black liquor filtration.
- Wastewater Treatment - Straining secondary effluent to protect spray nozzles and provide plant service water.
- Metal and Mining Industries - Provide clean water for quenching, de-scaling, blast furnace cooling.
- Air Eliminators and Combination Air Eliminator Strainers are designed to provide separation, elimination and prevention of air in piping systems for a variety of installations and conditions. Positive displacement and turbine meters, being volumetric measuring devices, cannot differentiate between liquid, air and vapor. Although the air content, in most instances, is small when compared with the product, it will contribute to measurable error. Large amounts of free air or vapor entrapped in a piping system, not only compromises meter accuracy but can lead to overspeeding of the measuring unit, creating excessive wear or possible unit failure. To insure accurate liquid measurement, it is necessary to remove all vapor and free all entrained air from the system prior to entry into the measuring unit.
- Air Eliminators decrease the velocity of the flowing stream and bring the liquid to a state of relative calm so that air bubbles or vapor will rise. As air and vapor collect in the top of the vessel, liquid volume is displaced.
- Suction diffusers mounts to the suction side of a pump in either a horizontal or vertical position.Suction Diffusers incorporate the functions of a strainer, flow straightener, elbow and pipe reducer in one compact unit thereby reducing installation costs. It is designed to remove any foreign matter that may be hazardous to the pump or other system components,while providing the proper flow conditions to the pump. Procedyne Suction Diffusers are available in cast iron configured to replace a standard 90Â° elbow as well as in fabricated carbon steel or stainless steel customized to suit your installation.
- A wide variety of optional screens, mesh liners, covers, materials and other custom options are available.
To,Devi Industries, Perungudi