Founded in 1978, Domino Printing Sciences plc, has established a global reputation for the continual development and manufacture of its total coding and printing technologies that meet the needs of manufacturers and sets new industry standards in quality and reliability.
Through a global network of 25 subsidiary offices and in excess of 200 distributors, Domino Printing Sciences plc sells to over 120 countries offering extensive customer support. In 2009, Domino Printing Sciences plc achieved a turnover of £256.1m million; it is listed in the FTSE 250 share index on the London Stock Exchange (share code DNO). The Group employs 2,070 people worldwide with manufacturing facilities situated in UK, China, Germany, India, Sweden and USA.
Operating with true global scale across a diverse industry base, including food, beverage, pharmaceutical and multiple industrial product groups, Domino Printing Sciences plc provides customers with proven solutions built upon years of extensive experience.
Ownership & Capital
|Year of Establishment||1978|
|Ownership Type||Private Limited Company|
Trade & Market
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 100 - 500 Crore|
Team & Staff
|Total Number of Employees||101 to 500 People|
Using our rich industry experience and in-depth domain knowledge, we are successfully catering our clients with the finest quality coding and printing solutions. The offered solutions are highly appreciated in the markets across the nation for their improved printing quality, maximum performance, low power consumption and reliability.
Continuous Ink Jet (Small Character)
A-Series Commercial Printing
Bit jet Plus v4.5
Dot Matrix Laser
Piezo Drop on Demand
Drop on Demand valve jet technology
DPX Extraction Units
Print and Apply Labeling
Thermal Ink Jet Printers
Thermal transfer and flexible packaging solutions
- Our DDC3 Dot Matrix Laser can code 100,000 bottles per hour
- Our Bitjet+ v.4.5 Binary Printer can print up to speeds of 15m per second, equating to 54km/h
- Our inks have been Methanol free since 2009
Industries & Applications
We are successfully catering our clients by providing them a total coding and printing solution that stands at par with their expectations and requirements. Our products are extensively used in the following industries:
- Cable and Wire
- Cosmetics and Personal Care
- Plastic Cards
- Games Management
- Tickets Tags and Labels
- Postal Systems
- Domino Printing Sciences Plc was floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1985
- The Group has 2,238 employees worldwide
- In 2008, the Group achieved a global turnover of £253.4m
- Formed in 1998, it has sold more than 100,000 of its world leading continuous ink jet, A-Series
- Manufacturing operations take place in UK, USA, Germany, Sweden, China and India
- The Domino Group sells to more than 120 countries worldwide through a network of 25 international subsidiary offices and over 200 Distributors
- We provide monetary support to Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie Cancer Care and Guide Dogs for the Blind as well as local hospitals and youth organizations.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We are engaged in supplying our products to the Environmental Steering Group that is responsible for promoting and monitoring products that are fabricated in compliance with the environmental policy. The Group finds our products and business policies perfect for reducing environmental impact, particularly solvent usage and power consumption, as well as catering to clients who are environmentally aware. Being a part of the ‘Green Team’, we take responsibility for devising and implementing ecological initiatives. The activities of our UK Green Team have been included in the Green Book. We maintain a record and observe waste levels, power and water consumption, airline travel and vehicle fleet emissions with the aim of attaining yearly reductions of at least 10%. We had signed up with the 10:10 project, with an aims to support organizations to reduce their emissions by 10% in 2010. We aim to develop and implement plans to achieve uninterrupted improvement in order to be a part of different social awareness programs.
- Domino Amjet in the U.S. reduced airline travel by 25%
- Domino Printing Solutions in Canada reduced waste sent to landfill sites by 37%
- The UK, US and Chinese plants are certificated under the Environmental Management Standard BS EN ISO 14001:2004
- The UK and US fluids plants are accredited under the ISRS system
- The UK fluids plant and the Chinese plant are also accredited under the OHSAS 18001:2007
- The fluids plants in the UK, China and the US operate under environmental protection legislation, requiring compliance with emission standards
- Health & Safety Standard are followed and are products are also subject to external audits by BSI
Social and ethical
We have a comprehensive ethics policy under which every employee is individually responsible to deal ethically with clients, suppliers, associate employees and even the public. Our policy has been successfully implemented in defining the ethical standards that are now followed throughout the Group.
In order to cater our clients in the best possible manner, we select our suppliers on the basis of the following criteria:
Where important, they have to comply with our principles and ethics policy and to execute all associated activities related to the supply of products and services, in compliance with applicable laws and policies, including environmental and health and safety matters.
No goods or services supplied to any associate of our organization are produced by utilizing forced, indentured or convict labor or the labor of persons in violation of the laws in the country in which we operate, regarding minimum working age, minimum wage, hours of service or overtime.
Suppliers are required to have established an effective program that complies with the requirements set out in this Standard and if the Supplier commits any material breach, the supplier may be terminated without delay.
Our highly qualified professionals are recruited after testing their proficiency and knowledge in the concerned domain. Further for they are supported with our in-house training sessions and seminars that help them grow professionally as well as personally. Our professionals and technical members are dedicatedly involved in managing the complete fabrication process, right from the procurement of raw material till the delivery of the finished product.
Our highly experienced team of professionals includes:
- Quality auditors
- Marketing and sales executives
We are recognized as one of the top most manufacturers, wholesalers and suppliers of excellent quality total coding and printing solutions. Our commitment to deliver the best possible products, coupled with our transparent business policies, has enabled us to come out with an exclusive range of products that are complimented with unmatched dependability and improved performance. Further, all these are offered at industry leading prices.
We are acknowledged for:
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Strict quality tests
- Experienced team members
- Valuable industry experience
- High grade R&D facilities
- Broad network
Awards and Accreditations
With our commitment to our clients of providing them the best possible assortment of coding and printing solutions, we have gained high appreciation from the UK government and industry bodies.
We are appreciated with:
- East of England Business Awards
- Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2005
- PLC Awards 2010
- Environmental Awards 2007
- FTSE4Good Index September 2009
- ISO 14001 Certificates
- ISO 9001 Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Management System Certificate
Our state-of-the-art infrastructure comprises a highly equipped manufacturing unit, a testing unit, a packaging unit and a spacious warehouse. All these are supported with advanced technology, high quality raw material and the latest machinery that, in turn, enables us to cater our clients with products that stand at par with their expectations and requirements.
Technologies we work on:
- CO2 laser systems
- Binary technology
- QR Codes
- Physical world hyperlink
- Seven laser-tube technology
- Piezo shared-wall technology
- Valve-Jet technologies
- Thermal Ink Jet (TIJ) technology
- Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO) technology
A quality-centric organization, we offer our clients products that are tested in our in-house testing units as per the global quality standards. Our team of highly experienced quality controllers is committed to supervise the quality at every step of the manufacturing process. Further, we have received ISO 14001 and 9001 certificates for our strict adherence to international quality standards.
The basic parameters on which these products are tested are as follows:
- Excellent reliability
- Minimum downtime
- Ease of use
- Improved performance
We aim to attain maximum client satisfaction by providing our clients the utmost quality products that are highly durable, dependable and are designed in accordance to their needs and expectations. Our high quality total coding and printing solution is appreciated by our clients across the nation for its optimum performance, low maintenance and user friendliness. To delight our clients, we offer them different modes of payments, such as DD, cheque, cash, etc.