Give a missed call on Toll Free
to download IndiaMART FREE Mobile App
About Economic Transport Organisation Ltd.
Origin & Growth
The foundation of ETO was laid by the arya family on 22nd November 1962. The only asset they had with them at that time was a 1954 Model Dodge Truck Bearing Regn. No. BRF 1706, and ofcourse the vision for providing services for the country.
The service arena selected by ETO at that time was almost virgin territory in which very few would have dared to venture out then, but then ETO took upon itself the most difficult task that the nation needed the most for, in the form of interstate and inter city transportation of goods and merchandise. There was no direct road in those days as mahanadi river near Cuttack and godavari river near Rajamundry could not be crossed, as there were no bridges. It was a challenge for anyone to deliver goods from Calcutta to South India in a span of 5 days. But our company did it. Our trucks were directly driven on the barges to cross the river to reach the other side. Our company got the fame for making such deliveries in 5 days without any complaint or claim.
The quality of services provided at that most difficult period in the year 1965 prompted a well known Canadian company who were given the task of erecting and commissioning the plant in Vishakapatnam to assign the job of transportation of their material to ETO at a freight value of Rs.50 lakhs. We completed this job before schedule and we got all the compliments for it. We are proud to say, we have been associated with several large organization since last four decades, for whom we have provided with exemplary services of in time delivery.
In the year 1967, Indian railway board requested us to find out if we could suggest a scheme to co-ordinate rail road transportation for the betterment of economy and the national interest. Our Shri S.P. Arya, suggested the freight forwarding scheme to the then board member Mr. Shukla. It was a trial first on experimental basis between Mumbai and Calcutta and then on other parts of the country. In effect, we were the pioneers of freight forwarding scheme in the country, and hold the privilege to be the first to load the first wagon under this scheme.
Looking back in the history, we can be proud to note that our founder Late Shri D. P.Arya, is the man behind the evolvement of the modern day transport industry. It was his mission and vision to see movement of goods and merchandise by road in this country. Way back in the year 1954, there was no transportation by road to join one city with the other and the only way of transportation in those days was either by rail, river or air.
In the transport map of our country, ETO is the prime carrier for 72 of the biggest industrial houses out of the top 100. We are the one to have handled 92 long crane girders between Mumbai and Kudremukh and carried a single piece of 140 Ton transformer from Korba to Bilaspur.
Our service is the key word around which all activities are centered. The mission of ETO is to provide a range of logistics solutions to its clients and assist the clients in choosing the service, which is most suitable to their requirement. The endeavour at ETO is always to exceed the expectation of the clients so as to keep resetting our service goals higher and higher.
To ensure that the vision of the promoters and the mission of the company are met, we realize that one of the most critical inputs is our people. Right from the delivery staff to the CEO, the employees are highly motivated and dedicated to customer service. The employees are constantly trained and their skills upgraded to ensure that they are friendly and approachable. They are trained to stay close to customers, listen to them and adapt to their needs. The organization is structured in a fashion that each employee is accountable for his or her activity and to their clients.
We consider our people a most valuable asset. To us, our people and their families are as important to us as our customers and it is a constant endeavour to ensure that our people are fully prepared to meet the high levels of service that we have set. To achieve this, there is a continuous evaluation and process and employees are involved in training programs both in house and external.
We have a dedicated team called innovators in our organization whose members are drawn from our various branches whose objective is to innovate and create new services to meet the needs of our customers. We believe in providing our customers convenient, flexible and technology based services. We realize that customers have different logistics needs and therefore we endeavor to customize our services. Our customer service cell spends time with our customers at their location of work and after studying their requirements both in the areas of materials sourcing and distribution, come out with tailor made solutions taking into account the factors of time and distance. This kind of customer interface and flexibility has helped us to come out with unique service packages for different industries. We endeavour to add value to our services thereby giving a customer multiple choices and a competitive edge in his business.
All offices of ETO are interconnected through modern communication systems. A combination of telephones, fax and email have been integrated into a two tier system to ensure that operational information is available with minimum delay. We have also computerized all over accounting system as well as goods tracking systems.
- Provide efficient logistics support to customers
- To create a customer friendly and employee friendly environment where employees can progress through constant innovations in customer service
- To be a good corporate citizen and involve consciously in social issues benefiting the community
ETO offers the following services:
- Project transportation
- Express parcel services
- Over dimensional consignments
- Bulk movement
- Door delivery and door collection
- Third party logistics
- Mechanised handling through cranes & forklifts
Salient features of services:
- We are in the approved list of IBA recommended logistics companies, which facilitates the consumer to draw negotiable LR’s from the company to ensure safety of their payments in respect of their dispatches
- Our offices have delegated powers to operate independently as separate business units (SBU’s) and offer services and finalization of rates
- Timely placement of vehicles as per requirements and ensure proper checking of documents, inspection of vehicles, and providing facilities as per the specific requirement during the movement and prior to placing the vehicles , and other facilities required during the transit phase
- All our offices are connected via satellite and well networked. The status of any cargo can be tracked through our network
- The delivery schedules are strictly adhered to and the client kept informed on a regular basis for any sort of constraints enroute
- Experienced and well trained staff
- Issue lorry receipt on the spot
- Proper feed back of the vehicles are provided as our drivers carry mobile
- We provide direct trucks and trans shipments are normally avoided
- Services are available from anywhere to anywhere in India
- Warehousing facilities are also provided at destination
- If necessary, unloading are arranged by cranes at our warehouse
- Small parcel, LCV load, truck load and all type of trailers are deployed
- If client desire, value can be collected against delivery
- Tracking facilities
- Customers will be provided the code number and the consignments can be easily traced
|Guaranteed time delivery||Time bound delivery for express parcels|
|Cod collection||Value collection by demand draft from the Consignment at the time of delivery|
|Reserve pick up||Value payment to the consignor on behalf of the consignee and pick up|
|DOD||Delivery on demand|
|Customer support||Warehousing solutions, materials handling support, assistance in documentation, assistance in packing design, insurance|
Our Valuable Clients
|Aarti International Ltd||I.O.C. Ltd (Guj.Refinery)|
|ABB Ltd||Industrial Tubes Mfg. Pvt.Ltd.|
|ABG Heavy Industries Ltd||ITI Ltd|
|Advanta India Ltd||J.K.E.W. Forgings Ltd|
|Asha Telecom (P) Ltd||Jindal Steel & Power Limited|
|Baerlocher India Additives Pvt.Ltd||Johnson & Nicholson|
|Bhalla Chemical Works Pvt.Ltd.||Jyoti Laboratories Ltd|
|Bharat Earth Movers Ltd||Kirloskar Bros Ltd|
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Haridwar, Bhopal, Trichy, Ranipet, Bangalore, Hyderabad )||KRIBHCO Ltd|
|Bharat Heavy Plates & Vessels Ltd.||Krishak Bharati Co.op.Ltd|
|Bharat Pumps & Compressors Ltd||Leonardo Engg Pvt.Ltd.|
|Cadila Health Care||M D Industries Ltd|
|Cavin Care Pvt.Ltd||M.S.C.M.F. Spg. Mills, Akola|
|Century Pulp & Paper||Makestar Valves & Engg.Ltd.|
|Century Rayon||Modern Packaging Pvt.Ltd.|
|Chamunda Standard Mills||Morepean Lab Ltd|
|Chemtrols Engg.Ltd||MRC Industries, Amritsar|
|Choudhary Steels Pvt.Ltd||Mysore Electricals Industries|
|Crompton Greaves Limited||N.M.D.C Ltd|
|Dawarikesh Sugar Industries||Nahar Industries Ltd|
|Delton Cables Ltd||National Aluminium Co.Ltd.|
|Fenner Conveyor Beltings||National Rayon|
Board of Directors
The following are the board of directors:
- Mr. Sudarshan Kumar Arya
- Mr. Anand Kumar Arya
- Mr. Sri Vardhan Arya
- President bombay goods transporter association from 1980 to 1982
- Chairman wadala truck terminal committee from 1992 to 2000
- Member, goods transport labour board for the year september 95 to september 98 & oct 2001 to oct 2004
- Member, Maharashtra rajya mathadi labor advisory committee in the year 1997 to 1998 This committee is constituted by government of Maharashtra to look after mathadi labor through out Maharashtra
- All India president agroha vikas trust from 2001 to 2007
Founder of ETO
Shri S.P.Arya, has been the guiding force behind the great success ETO has achieved in the last 4 decades of its existence. He took over the reins from his late brother D.P.Arya, at a very young age, and with focused attention and a clear vision to give value added services to all the clients, has been always looking for innovative ways and means, and has been the Brain behind many of the schemes. ETO has been pioneers in the logistics industry. Besides his business interests, he is also a well known philanthropist and is actively involved with several social causes.
Some of the details are as under :
President : Maharaja Agarsain Seva Sansthan
- Having own premises consisting of 3000 Sq.ft. community hall and 20000 sq.ft. open area at Ghatkopar, Mumbai and large number of functions are taking place of every class of citizen
Board Member : Agroha Vikas Trust Agroha
- Developed agrohadham at Agroha at the original place of Agarwal’s, who built a huge temple
- Conducting religious and cultural organization
- Constituted by Govt. of Maharashtra for the welfare of Mathadi workers working in transport business
Convener : Maharaja Agarsain National Award
- This award is being given to deserving candidate every year of Rs. 1 lakh in cash and 2007 award was given to Shri Mahavir Prasad Shroff by Chief Minister of Maharashtra Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh
- Earlier 2002 award was held on 30.01.2003 at Balayogi auditorium, New Delhi, honoured to Shri Baleshwar Agarwal by Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Prime Minister of India & Shri Subhash Chandera (chairman Zee TV) & Shri Vijay Goyal were present
- Best Transport Carrier Award 2007 to 08 from BHEL, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu was presented to us by Shri V.Ananthakrishnan, General manager
- Best Transport Carrier Award 2007 to 08 from BHEL, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, was presented to us by Shri Ananthakrishnan, General manager
Tokhram Ramanand Charitable Trust : Who has developed a college by the name Ramanand Arya D.A.V. College, Bhandup, in which 6000 students are studying.
Junior College, Commerce & Science
Degree College :
- Bachelor Of Commerce Regular
- B.com. with Banking & Insurance
- B.com. with Accounting & Finance
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science (information technology)
Master Of Commerce (accounts)
- Bachelor of Science (bio-technology)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Mass Media
- Management Courses
President West Zone
All India Transporters Welfare Association
Director, Ayepee Lamitubes Ltd.
Awards And Achievements
- The 1981 shield of the national marketing convention for the most outstanding transport company was presented to us by Shri N.D.Tiwari, the Union Minister of industry and labour, govt. of India
- 1982 trophy of the Indian institute of marketing management for the best transport company was presented to us by the Vice President of India his excellency Shri M.M. Hidaitulla
- The best transport company award for 1982 of the institute of economic statistics was presented to us by his excellency Shri Giani Zail Singh, the President of India
- IBC award for “ Par Excellence” was given to us by Shri Vijay Bhaskar Reddy, the Union Minister of Shipping & Transport Govt. of India
- Man of the year award was presented to Shri S. P. Arya by Shri Vasant Sathe, the Union Cabinet Minister for steel, mines & coal
Our company has established an enviable network at an all India basis. We have 227 of our own fully functional offices. However by virtue of our franchisee arrangements and networking partner we offer services to more 1200 stations across the country. Through our combined network covering over 1200 locations, we offer our customers quick, safe and reliable deliveries all over the country be it from Kashmir to Kanyakumari or from Dwarka to Imphal.
Our company a national carrier, carrying various types of goods throughout the country by plying their fleet of trucks on most of the highways. We have the network of our branches covering the entire length and breath of the country.
We have at present 227 branches with spacious godowns and other mechanical devices like cranes, forklifts and chain pulleys for gentle and safe handling of valued consignments. We own a large fleet of trucks and trailers 100 own vehicles and nearly 1000 attached dedicated vehicles to cater to all customers goods transport needs including odd dimension consignments, heavy plants & vessels.
We are transporting consumer, merchandise and household goods. We have transported consignments with length upto 150 feet, diameter upto 21 feet and up to 150 metric tons. The consignment carried by us include for destinations as far away and as far apart up as Srinagar, the border of Tibet, Jaisalmer (Pakistan border), Imphal (Myanmar border) and down South as far as Kanyakumari. We have strength of trained staff and skilled labours working in almost all parts of the country.
To,Economic Transport Organisation Ltd.