This is a traditional model of *MAHATMA* Box Charkha. The compact Charkha is in a shape of the Box and is very compact and slightly heavier than Book Charkha. Still it can easily be carried wherever you go. Product Features: ▪ Teak Wood body with a French Varnish finish. ▪ Compact Size: 13 by 7.5 by 2.5 inch. ▪ Light Weight: Only 1.450 Kg. ▪ The set includes three Spindles, a cotton drive band, an elastic ring and a Skeiner. ▪ Illustrated instructions about the Charkha parts and it?s assembly for operation and winding. ▪ The set comes packed in a corrugated sheet box. ▪ Handcrafted in India.
Book Charkha (Standard)
This is a STANDARD model of *MAHATMA* Book Charkha. The compact Charkha is in a shape of the Book and is very compact and lightweight. Because of it's lightweight it can easily be carried wherever you go.
- Compact Size: 25 by 16.5 by 5.5 cm.
- Light Weight: 1.150 Kg
- Custom made add-on for the Spindle holder made from self-lubricated material.
- Custom made slider for the Speed Wheel. Main Wheel, Speed Wheel Pulleys made from self-lubricated material.
- Stainelss Steel Axels for both the wheels.
- O rings made from the strong rubber.
- Steel parts are electroplated and Aluminum parts are anodized. Crafted in India.
So, what does this mean to the user?
- Ready to use: Just open, assemble and start using!
- Maintenance free: No need to oil friction parts since appropriate self-lubricated material is used at the friction points.
- User friendly: Because of the custom-made spindle holder add-on, no need to use/replace cotton/leather spindle bearings!
- Corrosion resistant parts.