The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines, based in Calcutta (Kolkata), India is an internationally-recognized holistic medicine training institute offering distance learning courses to students from all over the world. We offer undergraduate and graduate diploma and degree programmes in a range of alternative medicine therapies including Naturopathy; Medicinal Herbalism; Reflexology; Reiki Therapy among many others. All of our courses are taught through English or Hindi.
Those who graduate from The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines are required to demonstrate a broad understanding and competency in health care and maintain a commitment to intellectual development, health and healing practice, and scholarship in complementary, alternative and traditional medicine, and integrated health practices.
The Indian Board of Alternative Medicines is one of the largest open international educational academies and a premier institution in the field of alternative / complementary medicine and health promotion duly incorporated under Act XXVI of 1961 of the Government of West Bengal based on the Central Government Act XXI of 1860 and the Literary and Scientific Institutions Act of 1854.
Distance Learning Alternative Medicine Courses:
- Two-year Diploma in Alternative Medicines course
- One-year Diploma courses are available in the following therapies: Yoga and Massage; Naturopathy; Bach Flower Remedies; Reiki Therapy; Acupressure; Acupuncture; Magnetotherapy; Reflexology; Aromatherapy; Hypnotherapy; Iridology; Electro - Homeopathy; Radiesthesia and Radionics; Medical Astrology; Gem - Tele - Chromotherapy; Traditional Chinese Medicine; Chiropractic; Holistic Health & Nutrition; Medicinal Herbalism.
Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Medicine Course (1 year):
Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Medicine (P.G.D.A.M.) distance learning course is designed as a foundation for a career in alternative medicine.
Bachelor Degree Courses:
- Bachelor's Degree in Alternative Medicine (B.A.M.S. (A.M.) / B.A.S.M.) - 2 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in the following list of therapies - 2 years: Naturopathy & Yoga; Reiki Healing; Acupressure & Magnetotherapy; Medicinal Herbalism; Medical Astrology; Gem-Tele-Chromo Therapy; Electro-Homoeopathy; Hypnotherapy; Aroma Therapy; Traditional Chinese Medicine; Radiesthesia & Radionics; Iridology Science; Chiropractic; Acupuncture; Holistic Health & Nutrition; Reflexology
Graduate Degree Course:
- Master's in Psychotherapy and Counseling (M.P.C.) Program
- Doctor of Naturopathy / Natural Medicine ( N.D. / N.M.D.)
- Doctor of Oriental Medicine ( O.M.D. )
- Doctor of Holistic Medicine ( H.M.D. )
- Doctor of Medicine in Alternative Medicines M.D.(A.M.)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Alternative Medicines - Ph.D(A.M.)
- Doctor of Science in Alternative Medicines - D.Sc (A.M.)
- Doctor of Literature in Alternative Medicine- D.Litt (A.M.)
- Doctor of Medicine in Acupuncture - M.D. (Acu.)
- Doctor of Medicine in Electro Homeopathy - M.D. (E.H.)