Clients can avail from us superbly designed Capacitors (Heavy Duty Type). These are specially built to meet the requirements of varying loads in industries having higher values of over currents/voltages and harmonics. The out put of KVA value remains unchanged in this design, however there is an incredible reduction in stress per module since these modules are doubled and connected in series. These capacitors are a cost effective and convenient alternative to the conventional mixed dielectric/film-foil capacitors. They can easily endure fluctuating load conditions and are capable of withstanding over-voltage and over-currents within permissible limits. Higher in strength than the standard type capacitors, these can withstand large amounts of dielectric stress which varies non-linearly. They find application in rolling mills, cement & sugar plants, induction furnaces (Power Frequency), welding systems, rectifier loads and power industry. The dielectric has a greater thickness than its standard counterparts, which renders it higher over voltage and current carrying capacity. The modular design makes it very easy to install and maintain. Besides, it is also appreciated for very low heat dissipation, which essentially gives it a longer service life. Here we have mentioned some of the important factors, which affect the quality and reliability of power factor connection capacitors at the end user’s premises:
- After receiving the unit, without any delay please check the capacitor and ensure that they are in good condition without any external damages during transit
- Make sure that the capacitor terminals are tight & proper while connecting to the load. If there is any loose contact at the terminals, it may result in heating and premature failure of capacitors
- Before energizing the capacitor, make sure that it is properly grounded
- Examine that discharge resistors connected across the terminals are intact, capacitors must be discharged fully before handling it.
- Do not charge capacitor without discharge resistor
- Energize the capacitor and measure voltage & current using a clamp meter in all the phases
- To avoid over current to the capacitor, which may result in fire, it is recommended to have a proper current rating MCB
- Automatic switching of power capacitor in sequence shall be such that already energized capacitor shall have sufficient time delay circuit for discharge before it is subjected to another re-striking operation. This is very important, which if not taken proper care of may result in over-voltage condition, enhancing the risk of capacitor being subjected to high voltage stress level and thereby the dielectric insulation breakdown
- Harmonic distortions in electrical systems are commonly present in loads like thyristor controlled DC drives, rectifiers and arc welding machines among others. Harmonic filters reduce harmonic distortion to prevent higher current across the capacitor terminals resulting in over heating the capacitor
- Keep the capacitors in ‘off’ condition, when inductive loads are not in use. It should be kept in mind that the capacitors shall not draw any current from the source which results in leading power factor which is not recommended since the reactive power compensation exceeds more than what is needed.
- When star delta starters for higher rating inductive motors are switched on, take care so that capacitors are switched on when motors are running in delta connection only. This can be done by making use of delay timer which can switch on the contactor and capacitor.
We are looking for bulk queries.
- Minimum Order Quantity: 500 Pieces