Indoco Remedies Limited has set up a state-of-the-art standalone R&D Centre at Rabale, near New Mumbai. The facility is in the forefront of Indoco?s efforts for a successful entry into the advanced regulated markets of US and Europe.
The R&D Centre and the Kilo-Lab facility are expected to boost the API synthesis and development efforts which are primarily directed to cater the requirements of regulated markets. The R&D Centre has strengthened and enabled the Company to successfully complete CTD dossiers for the regulated markets.
Occupying an area of 70,000 sq. ft., the R&D Centre has three divisions viz. Formulations, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients & Intermediates and Regulatory & IPR Cell. The Centre is backed by a full spectrum of library and information management service. The facility has already received approval from the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The facilities at the Centre include Synthetic Chemistry Labs, F&D, AMD, Regulatory and IPR Cell. The API section has capabilities to synthesize APIs, work on process improvement as well as development of non-infringing processes for APIs and intermediates. The Formulation section is engaged in development of dosage forms ? solid & liquid orals, creams & ointments, ophthalmic preparations, small volume parenterals and dental products. It is also engaged in research in the area of modified release products like sustained release and controlled release tablets. The Regulatory and IPR Cell is equipped with online patent search tools and syndicated databases with access to various libraries and would be engaged in preparing regulated market ANDAs and dossiers in CTD format.
Team / Manpower
Mr. Suresh G. Kare : Chairman & Managing Director
Mr. Sundeep V. Bambolkar : Whole-Time Director - Finance & Operations
Ms. Aditi Kare Panandikar : Whole-Time Director
Dr. M. R. Narvekar - Non-Executive Director
- Indoco Remedies teams up with ASPEN, South Africa by licensing out intellectual property (dossiers) for marketing its products in emerging markets covering 30 countries, including SA, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, Russia & Australia.
- Indoco Remedies licenses out technology to Watson Pharmaceuticals Inc. USA. Under the terms of profit sharing agreement, Indoco will develop, manufacture and supply a basket of sterile products to Watson for the US market.
- UK-MHRA approval for the Solid Oral Dosage forms at Baddi Plant.
- Export sales exceeded Rs. 1 Billion in the FY 08-09.
- Successfully faced Slovenia audit for the Sterile Facility at Goa Plant II for the Injections Area.
Year of Establishment
Nature of Business
Posted on: [10-AUG-11]
Happenings / News / Press Coverage
Indoco Remedies Board recommends Dividend May 28, 2011
At the meeting held on May 28, 2011, the Board has decided to recommend a dividend of Rs. 8/- per equity share of Rs. 10/- each of the Company (80%) for the year ended March 31, 2011. The dividend when approved at the AGM will be paid on or after August 08, 2011 to those shareholders whose names appear on the register of members as on the record date.