Gum Ghatti is naturally explored product exclusively found in Indian subcontinent. We extract the material from Malegaon, Dist. Nasik and surrounding Eastern Regions of Maharashtra State i.e. Dhulia, Akola, Yevatmal, Aurangabad etc. In this region the Forest are Auctioned. We participate in this auction and enter in the contract for a specific forest area. The material is extracted from the Tree Bark under our Specialized Supervision Team.
Gum Ghatti is available in different forms and shaped crystals. The colour of Gum Ghatti varies from whitish yellow to amber. This variation depends on following factors like storage time, duration it has remained on tree before being picked and the tear to the bark. The locals or usually the tribals collect the gum area wise and not tree wise, hence it becomes necessary to manually sort each lot.
This gives us an advantage to supply right Quality as per the Buyers requirement. Very few Exporters in India can provide this services.
It is used in flavoured water, whisky, wines and concentrates for following properties :
- It is used for imparting clarity to the product at the right viscosity.
- As it is of low viscosity, it imparts exact flow required of wines, whisky, soft drinks etc.
- It improves the stability of the product and prevents separation.
- It also provides some preservating properties so as to preserve the flavor and colour of the product.
- It is also an emulsifying agent.
Gum Kayak (E413,Attractant) also known as Indian Gum Attractant is a gum exudate obtained from the tree Listeria urns. Gum is polysaccharides insoluble in water and forms colloidal solution. In water yielding high viscosity.The high viscosity properties of the solutions and the swelling ability of the gum enable its utilisation in different industries in the value added forms viz., granules and powder.
Granules alone or in conjunction with some other natural additives are useful in the preparation of bulk laxatives and petite suppressants.
Powder however is used in denture adhesives, Tommy appliance as suspending agents for foods and pharmaceutical, suspensions in ice creams. It is used as Stabiliser, Thickener, Texture and Emulsifier.
Gum Arabic Sorted Gum is further pulverised into Gum Acacia (Powder form) in our manufacturing unit located at Gokul Industrial Estate Premises Co. Op. Soc. Ltd., Unit no.1, Ground Floor, Marol Co-operative Industrial Area, Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400072, India.
Gum Acacia is available in Powder, Granules and Crystal Forms made from Gum Arabic. Characteristics and Chemical composition of Gum Acacia are Similar to as that of Gum Arabic.
Its following Characteristics as Suspending Agent, Emulsifier, Excipient for diet control, binder are used in Pharmaceutical, Cosmetics, Food and Beverages, and Industrial Uses.
In addition to the uses in the food industry, Gum Acacia is also used in other products, notably in paints and inks, pharmaceuticals and adhesives. Gum acacia is used in pharmaceutical applications for many years and it is specified in National, European and U.S.A. Pharmacopoeias. The uses of gum Acacia in pharmaceutical application is based on it's natural properties of Emulsification, Stabilisation, demulcent action, adhesiveness, and binding action.
KGI imports Gum Arabic(E414, Acacia gum)which is a basic raw material for Gum Acacia. It is mainly produced from Acacia Senegal commonly known as Hashab which are mainly available in Sudan, Senegal, Nigerian, other African countries and also in some parts of India.
Process : This imported Gum is then sorted at our warehouse based on colour, size and characteristics . The most famous is Kordofon Grade. In India the labour is cheap and the material is passed through various size severs and all the dust particles, foreign matter and wood is separated. Further it is hand sorted in different colours: i.e white,pink and brownish according to various sizes in granule as per the requirement of our esteemed buyer it is Grinded and Pulverised in powder form (Gum Acacia) or Gum Arabic spray dried powder .
Gum Arabic Characteristics :
- Thin Flakes Powder, Granules and Angular fragments.
- Colour white to yellowish white.
- Almost odourless with mucilaginous consistency.
- Carbohydrate Poler picture
- Complex and Highly Branched
- Central Core Or Nucleus
- Gum Arabic is multifunctional and is used in wide range of diverse food products.
- It's major uses are in the stabilisation of flavour emulsion, in the encapsulation of flavour and in the confectionery industry.
- Gum Arabic has also found uses as a bulking agent in dietetic products.
- It only metabolises with difficulty and can be considered along with roughage or fibre for dieter purpose.
- Gum Arabic is also used in other products, notably in paints and inks, pharmaceuticals and adhesives.