We offers 57 different pressure cooker models in three different brands - Hawkins, Futura and Miss Mary. In total, considering all brands & sub-brands together, Hawkins makes ten different types of pressure cookers, which are shown below. Click on any of the ten images below to learn more about the features, benefits and models of that particular type.
Classic Pressure Cooker
The Classic is Hawkins’ largest-selling, most popular range of pressure cookers - perhaps because of its attractive combination of features, benefits and price. This range was the first to be introduced by Hawkins and has been kept up to date by numerous innovations and improvements over the years. The latest improvement, introduced in 2005, is a superior pressure regulating system that controls pressure to a narrower, more efficient range, reduces sprouting of frothy foods (such as dal) and is easier to insert and remove.
The safety valve is located under the lid handle bar so that when it operates the steam is safely deflected downwards. The gasket has minimum exposure to steam inside the cooker, does not rub every time the product is opened and closed - so lasts longer.
Suitable for gas, electric, ceramic and halogen cooktops.
Stay-cool handles. Fixed sturdy pivot does not put pressure on the plastic handles as it is a part of the metal handle itself. Thus handles last longer.
A beautiful combination of form and function, Futura is the only pressure cooker in the world to have been displayed by The Museum of Modern Art, New York.
Futura cooks on average 46% faster than a microwave oven.
The beautiful, durable black finish given by 60 micron thick hard anodising has two benefits. It makes the pressure cooker absorb heat faster making it more energy-efficient. And the pressure cooker stays looking new for years.
The unique pressure regulating system gives you the convenience of finger-tip pressure release and prevents clogging of the steam vent.
The Contura has a unique body with rounded sides for easier stirring, better visibility and easy removal of food. For difficult dishes which require a lot of stirring, the Contura is the ideal cooker. Stay-cool handles. Recommended for use on gas stoves.
This is a useful accessory for your Futura pressure cooker of 5 litre or larger size. Use the steaming basket for steaming and conveniently handling any solid foods. Placed on the grid, it keeps food away from the water in the cooker. Small and/or delicate foods such as peas and fish can be removed easily in it after cooking without breaking. Lentils and the solid ingredients for stocks can be cooked in it without the grid with the basket acting as a strainer after cooking.Use it as a lifting basket for handling molds, custard cups. The volume of steaming basket is about 6 cups/1.5 litres. It holds about 2 lb (895 gm) carrots or potatoes and about 6 cups of peas. The handle of steaming basket is stainless steel. The basket is made of commercially pure virgin Aluminum with Hard Anodized surface.
1. The steaming basket does not change the cooking times in the pressure cooker.
2. Place the steaming basket on the grid when the food is to be kept away from the cooking liquid or water in the base of the cooker
3. Do not fill the basket to exceed the ‘Maximum Food Level‘ in the cooker.
4. You may cook two different foods side by side in the basket. An optional divider is available. To insert divider, lift basket handle.
5 .Use a pot holder or a fork to remove basket after cooking – the handle will be hot.
6. When cooking green vegetables, you may boil water in the cooker first and then put the basket with vegetables on the grid so that they start cooking in steam immediately. This method gives a better colour and helps to retain more vitamins and minerals.
7. Be sure to use sufficient water to last the total cooking time.
8. Do not hit the steaming basket.
9. Do not chop or cut food with a knife or other sharp instrument with the basket.
10. Wash the basket with hot, soapy water with a sponge, nylon scouring pad or nylon brush.
11. Do not put the steaming basket in a dishwasher.
This gives the advantage of steaming basket and separator cooking simultaneously. Solid container and Perforated container for multiple cooking. Hard Anodized finish stays looking new. Convenient lifting clamp. Suitable for 7L and 9L.