YR 9th Year of Membership
About Permionics Membranes Private Limited
Over the past three decades, we have successfully installed 1980 systems all across the world that are appreciated for their widely application areas that range from Broth Clarification to Water Desalination. Our `PERMA’ Nanofiltration membrane has modernized the dyeing industry as it offers the best method for the desalting and concentration of Reactive dyes. For this purpose, we have supplied more than 70 systems in countries like Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia and Argentina.
We have invented latest membrane methods and technologies such as Ultrafiltration pre-treatment, Electrodialysis of solvent streams for recovery of solvents, High COD tolerant membranes, HPA series for waste water recycling, gas separation membranes for oxygen enrichment & nitrogen production and carbon dioxide recovery. Owing to our experience of installing over 1200 systems for various applications, we have been able to garner trust amongst our clients such as Aligarh Muslim University (Post Harvest Engineering & Technology), Central Institute of Medicinal & Automatic Plants, Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur, Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Institute of Technology.
Our company was founded by ‘Mr. S. P. Mayor’ who is a highly qualified and experienced hydraulic engineer. He graduated from Imperial College, London and holds a bachelor’s degree from the renowned Oxford University. Apart from that, he has an experience of over five years in constructing hydroelectric power stations for “The English Electric Company”, which was led by ‘Mr. Mayor’. This company was dedicated towards conserving water and finding its availability. They were also apprehensive about the speedy despoliation and diminution of the available water resources.
‘Mr. Mayor’, in the year 1976, discovered the development made by a professor in the University of Ottawa, ‘Dr. S. Sourirajan’, who demonstrated the procedure of Reverse Osmosis Process. This process was used to desalinate water using a semi permeable membrane of Cellulose Acetate. ‘Mr. Mayor’ was ensnared by this process as it worked well with his philosophy. Hence, he developed the Cellulose Acetate Reverse Osmosis membrane in his research and development unit.
In the year 1980, we, at Permionics fabricated our own appliance for membrane casting of Cellulose Acetate Membranes. Moreover, spiral wound membrane module we also installed at our premises. Modules of up to 25 inches length and 4” diameter were erected and fabricated with their own Cellulose Acetate membranes. That very year, we supplied India’s first indigenous membrane system, which is used for the concentration of dilute streptomycin solution by our client M/s. Sarabhai Chemicals, Baroda. With an expansion of the Reverse Osmosis membrane, the Cellulose Acetate Ultrafiltration membrane was manufactured that rendered to the macromolecular separation. Yet again, we stood as India’s first supplier and commissioner of an Ultrafiltration system used for the concentration and purification of Papain Enzyme.
For the discovery of more applications, development of new membranes and introduction of the still latest technology to the market, regular advancements were persistent at Permionics.
To solve the shortage of drinking water in famine areas of coastal Gujarat, the Gujarat Government contracted Permionics in the year 1983. We effectively demonstrated to the Government of Gujarat the capability of the Reverse Osmosis process for desalination of hard water. It was highly appreciated by them and instantly employed to solve the problems in various villages and drought affected parts of the State. The aptitude ranged from 20 to 100 cu metres per day of the treated water. We took care of the entire procedure that included site development, designing, supplying, commissioning and pre & post treatment operations.
Many such revolutionary improvements recognized us as the leading company acknowledged for the membrane technology that prevailed in India. We are the originators of this technology and its mounting usage in wastewater, the field of water and process stream treatment in India and overseas.
Refer pdf attached for more information
“Permionics believes in selling solutions and not in selling products.”
- “To expand customer base throughout the country and abroad
- Permionics believes in selling solutions and not in selling products
- To provide state-of-the art water treatment technology in the country
- To provide appropriate and cost effective solutions to the customer
- To provide and maintain the best services to the customer”
We are India’s first manufacturer, supplier and exporter of Domestic Water Purifiers that are based on the Ultrafiltration Membrane Technology. Apart from that, we also offer our clients with an array of Industrial Services.
Wastewater Treatment & Recycling
1. RO System for Effluent Recycling, for Chemical, Bulk Drug, Distillery, Steel, Dairy, Pharma, Textile, Dye etc. etc.
2. RO Based Sewage Recycling Plant
3. RO/NF System for Recovery & Recycling water from Textile Dye Effluent.
4. Sep-con Process for Colour Removal in Distillery Effluents.
Water treatment Plant
1. RO Base Water Treatment Plant.
2. Sea Water Desalination Plants for Process, Construction & Drinking purpose.
3. DM Plant for Power Plant.
4. Drinking Water Plant / Community.
5. Package Drinking Water Plant
1. RO System for Gentamycin Concentration system.
2. UF System for Enzyme Concentration
3. RO System for Production of water for Peritoneal Dialysis.
4. NF System for Dyes Desalting & Construction.
5. UF System for Concentration of Gelatin.
6. RO system for Concentration of milk.
7. UF System for Whey concentration.
8. Ceramic MF System for Fermentation Broth Clarification.
9. RO System Aloe Vera Juice Concentration
10. RO System for Catalyst Recovery
Special Application for Dairy Industries
1. Milk Concentration.
2. Cheese/Paneer whey de-ashing and concentration.
3. Dairy effluent recycling.
4. Dairy Rinse water recycling and recovery of milk solids.
5. Standardization of milk
1. RO Membrane.
2. UF Membrane.
3. NF Membrane.
1. RO, NF Pressure Vessel in FRP/ SS316/ SS304
2. MCF/Mesh Filter housing in FRP/SS.
3. Degasser Tower in FRP/MS
4. Multi Grade Filter, Pressure Sand Filter
5. Activated Carbon Filter, Dual Media Filter
6. Iron Removal Filter
7. Side Stream Filters
Apart from our superlative range of products, we also render to our esteemed clients Industrial Services. We have been proficient and effective with our services by deploying the latest available technology and resources. These services are performed under the careful surveillance of our experts to ensure a desired output and timely completion. We offer our clients services as per their request and demand. Mentioned below are the types of services that we render:
- Reconditioning / Revamping
- Application Development
Industries Catered To
Our organization manufactures and exports products that are fabricated in its well-developed production unit using advanced machinery and equipment. These products are stringently checked for quality throughout the procedure to ensure that these are in compliance with the different set standards of the domain. Owing to their superior quality and flawless performance, these products have established a wide application base in the industry. Following are the industries we serve:
- Bulk Drug & Pharmaceuticals
- Biotech and Fermentation
- Textile Dyeing
- Dye Industry
- Food & Dairy
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Metal Finishing
Dr. Satyajit Mayor, Independent Director
He is a PhD and currently the Dean of NCBS, Bangalore. Due to his dedication to the field and abundant research work, he was appreciated by the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) with Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in 2003.
Mr. Satyajai Mayor, Director
He has experience of 15 years in Membrane Technology. Owing to his qualification in Chemical Engineer, he was appointed as the head of our research and development unit. Since then he has actively participated in the development process of membranes through his innovative techniques.
Mr. V Y Jose, Director
He joined as a director in 1984 and has spearheaded the design and engineering department. He has also developed different process plants and has put his post-graduation in applied chemistry to good use. His leadership qualities make him in-charge of the mostly all activities.
Mr. Bharat Kanani, Chief Operating Officer
Is a qualified Chartered Accountant, who joined our company in the year 2007. His 16 years of experience in the industry has been of vital use to us. He was the COO and Executive Vice-President of Gujarat Venture Finance Limited (GVFL).
From the time our commencement, we have rigorously followed a client –centric approach. The products we have developed are based on the specifications of the clients. For their benefit, we ensure that these products comply with the norms of the domain. Owing to our efforts, we have been able to capture a wide market across the world by installing over numerous systems for different applications in countries such as Thailand, Pakistan, Indonesia and Argentina. Moreover, we have also catered to the Gujarat Government by assisting them during the water shortage problem. Over the years, we have gathered the following clientele:
- Aligarh Muslim University (Post Harvest Engineering & Technology)
- Central Institute of Medicinal & Automatic Plants
- Defence Laboratory, Jodhpur
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute Of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Institute of Minerals & Material Technology
- JNTU College of Engineering
- N G Patel Polytechnic College
- National Institute of Technology, Trichy
- Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Institute of Technology
- Sheth M C College of Dairy Science
- The Synthetic & Art Silk Mills Research Association
- The University of New South Wales
- University of Agriculture Science, Anand
Owing to our rich experience of over 31 years, we have been able to define ourselves as India’s primitive manufacturers, suppliers and exporters of Industrial water & waste water treatment plant. Apart from that, we also offeing Domestic water purifiers. The following factors have contributed to our towering success in industries:
- India’s first membrane manufacturer
- Vast industry experience
- Above 2000 Installations all across the world as on March, 2011
- Experience of over 1200 systems in various applications
- Principled business dealings
- Qualified engineers
- Advanced quality testing facilities
- Robust infrastructure
- Advanced methods of manufacturing and designing
- After sales services
- Prompt service
- Critical Industrial Applications
About The Founder
In 1976, Pennionics was founded by Mr. Satyapal Mayor. who was the first to bring the concept of membranes to Indian soil. Permionics pioneered in the development of membranes, spiral wound elements and complete systems for water treatment, waste water recycling and other separation applications. Today. Permionics has the most extensive range of membranes to suit various industrial requirements becoming a "one—stop solution" for membrane separations.
Membranes for Desalination Cellulose Acetate
RO Membrane System for concentration of Streptomycin solution
World's first UF Membrane System for Papain Enzyme concentration
Commissioned India's first RO system for drought affected Village Water Desalination
India's First plant for metal recovery in Electroplating Industry
Polysulfone Ultrafiltration Membrane
Ultra pure Water Production RO System
MF System for Fermentation Broth Clarification
India's First System for Recovery & Recycle of Water from Textile Dye Effluent
4000 m3/clay RO System for Production of Boiler Feed Water from Brackish Water.
NF System for Concentration of Tea Extract.
UF System for Oil Water Separation from Jet Spinning Wastewater.
NF System for Decolorizing and Recovery of Dye Bath Effluent.
Hydroblast Water Treatment System
Concentration and Purification of Food Dyes
Brine Recovery System for Sugar Processing Industry