Emu Bird Oil
Research has demonstrated that the emu possesses a unique oil which bears closer scrutiny as a valuable commodity in a marketplace that favors natural, environmentally friendly products and demands effective relief without side effects.
Emu oil has been documented to exhibit the following properties and/or used for the following
- · Anti-inflammatory activity
- · Moisturising
- · Cholesterol reduction
- · Penetration enhancer for topical skin products
- · Significant epidermal proliferative activity
- · Non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging)
- · Sgnificant wound healing agent to provide essential fatty acids
- · Significantly reduces recent keloid scarring
- · To promote faster healing of burns with less pain and scarring
- · Weight reduction
- · Excellent emulsifier
Though the oil has been used in commercial applications for some time in Australia, the first emu oil products produced in the United States did not appear until 1992.