* Precision Wires India Limited (PWIL) was set up in 1989 for the manufacture of Enamelled Copper Winding Wires. It was promoted by erstwhile Atlas Wires Limited (AWL), Mr. Mahendra Mehta, Mr. Deepak Mehta and Mr. Milan Mehta.
* PWIL has been listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (523529) and National Stock Exchange (PRECWIRE) since inception.
* AWL’s first manufacturing facility was set up in 1981 in the western Indian state of Gujarat. Two decades ...
later, in 2001, AWL was amalgamated with PWIL.
* Headquartered in Mumbai, India, PWIL is the largest manufacturer of Copper Winding Wires in the country and uses a combination of Indian skill and foreign technology to ensure the best possible end-product quality.
* Our current installed capacity is over 25,000 metric tonnes/annum. This capacity is further being increased with several expansion projects in the pipeline. PWIL has three manufacturing facilities located at Silvassa, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Palej, Gujarat.
* At PWIL, we produce winding wires as per various technical specifications including IEC, IS, BS, NEMA and JIS as well as per specific requirements our customers may have.
* PWIL’s customers include many large and medium electrical and electronic equipment manufacturers both in India and abroad. Our wires are widely used in equipment such as: o Rotating machines (manufacturer and repairer) o Alternators o Hermetic motors (for refrigeration and air conditioning equipment) o Power and Distribution Transformers o Control and Power supply Transformers o Ballasts o Auto Electricals o Electric hand Tools o House hold appliances o Fans o Switchgear, relay and magnet coils o Instruments and audio coils and many others
In recent years, PWIL has been increasingly targeting overseas markets. In the last fiscal year, exports accounted for over 15% of our sales volume.