Onions grown for dehydration are different from onions grown for the fresh market. Dehydrated onion is produced by removing the water from the raw onion to a maximum level of 90%. Dehydration not only increases shelf life of onions but the tedious tasks of shelling, cleaning and cutting them are ruled out. Economically it saves time, energy and storage space.
It is used in :-
Food Industry :-
- Savory Flavor Systems
- Sauces and Gravies
- Meat and Poultry Marinades
- Flavored Pasta and Salsa
- Ready to eat and canned foods
- Snacks Seasoning Blends
- Salad Dressings
- Frozen foods and Dairy Dips
- In some medicines due to its strong medicinal effect.
- Some cosmetics creams use dehydrated onion as an ingredient because of its medicinal properties.
- Close monitoring at every stage of manufacturing has helped us maintain consistency in quality and taste.