We put forth for our clients a wide array of Vermicompost
, which is prepared by using biodegradable wastes. These are the organic fertilizers, which are widely used in floriculture, fruit crops, horticulture and home gardening. Our products are manufactured while keeping the hygienic and safety standards in mind. We make sure that the fertilizers are hygienically packed using quality packaging material to maintain its shelf life for a longer period of time.Some of their advantages are as follows:
Nutrient Content Of Vermicompost:
- Vermicompost is rich in all essential plant nutrients
- Provides excellent effect on overall plant growth, encourages the growth of new shoots / leaves and improves the quality and shelf life of the produce.
- Vermicompost is free flowing, easy to apply, handle and store and does not have bad odour.
- It improves soil structure, texture, aeration and waterholding capacity and prevents soil erosion
- Vermicompost is rich in beneficial micro flora such as a fixers, P- solubilizers, cellulose decomposing micro flora etc.
- Vermicompost contains earthworm cocoons and increases the population and activity of earthworms in the soil.
- It neutralizes the soil protection.
- It prevents nutrient losses and increases the use efficiency of chemical fertilizers.
- Vermicompost is free from pathogens, toxic elements, weed seeds etc.
- Vermicompost minimizes the incidence of pests and diseases.
- It enhances the decomposition of organic matter in soil.
- It contains valuable vitamins, enzymes and hormones like auxins, gibberellins etc.
Material used for preparation of Vermicompost:
- Nitrogen - 1.5 – 2.5 % Calcium - 0.5 – 1.0 %
- Phosphorus - 0.9 – 1.7 % Magnessium - 0.2 – 0.3 %
- Potash - 1.5 – 2.4 % Sulphur - 0.4 - 0.5 %
Methods of preparation:
- Crop residues
- Weed biomass
- Vegetable wastes
- Leaf litter
- Hotel refuse
- Waste from agro-industries
- Biodegradable portion of urban and rural wastes.
- The vermicompost can be prepared in concrete tank. The size of the tank should be 10 ft. length or more depending upon the availability of land and raw materials, breadth 3 - 5 ft and height 3 ft. Suitable plastic tube / basin structure may also be needed. The floor of the tank should be connected with stones and pieces of bricks.
- The available bio-wastes are to be collected and are to be heaped under sun about 7-10 days and be chopped if necessary.
- Sprinkling of cow dung slurry to the heap may be done.
- A thin layer of half decomposed cow dung (1-2 inches) is to be placed at the bottom.
- Place the chopped weed biomass and partially decomposed cow dung layer wise in the tank / pot upto the depth of 2 ½ ft. The bio waste and cow dung ratio should be 60: 40 on dry wt. Basis.
- Release about 2-3 kg earthworms per ton of biomass or 100 nos. earthworms per one sq. ft. area.