Item Code: VEOVA10
VeoVa 10, a low viscosity liquid with a typical mild ester odor, is a very attractive monomer for the manufacture of polymers through reactions of the vinyl group. It imparts a combination of flexibility (medium to low Tg), hydrophobicity and very good chemical and UV resistance.
VeoVa 10 is widely used as a modifying co-monomer in the manufacture of vinyl acetate based polymer latices. VeoVa 10 is also used for the production of VeoVa 10/(meth)acrylic latices and solution polymers.
VeoVa 10 based polymer applications are:
- Decorative emulsion paints, plasters and renders.
- Industrial paints and coatings such as anti-corrosion paints, wood coatings and varnishes and coatings for polyolefins.
- Latices and spray-dried redispersible powders for mortar admixtures.
- Latices for adhesives including Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, construction and wood adhesives.
- Reactive diluent for specific heat-cured unsaturated polyesters.
VeoVa monomers copolymerises readily and randomly with vinyl acetate at high steady-state conversion levels. Batch reproducibility is very good, reactor fouling is minimal and hence, cleaning costs and downtime are low when compared to other comonomers such as acrylates.
VeoVa vinyl ester latices are compatible with other raw materials and easily formulated into emulsion paints. They exhibit good shear stability, which is required during paint processing and results in low production of off-spec paint. The shelf life of VeoVa vinyl ester based emulsion paints is very good because of good hydrolytic stability providing stable viscosity and pH. The binders can be stabilized using surfactants or protective colloids. Both types of emulsion paints based on Veo-Va monomer have very good rheological properties, resulting in easy application, good hiding power and good film build. This leads to lower labour cost during painting.
Very good outdoor durability:
- VeoVa monomer is not sensitive to UV light or alkaline hydrolysis. It also protects neighbouring vinyl acetate units from saponification by steric hindrance because of the non-polar nature of the alkyl groups. When vinyl acetate / VeoVa vinyl ester latices are used as paint binders for alkaline substrates such as concrete, these properties lead to good long term exterior performance under varied climate conditions.
- Hydrolytic stability: Re-dispersible powders or wet latices are mixed with cement which, by its nature, is very alkaline. In this application, the excellent hydrolytic stability of VeoVa monomer is even more important than in paints, where it protects vinyl acetate based polymers from degradation.
- Water resistance: VeoVa monomers improve the hydrophobicity of both vinyl acetate based redispersible powders and acrylic based wet latex systems.
- Pay Mode Terms: T/T (Bank Transfer)
- Minimum Order Quantity: 1 Barrel
- Port of Dispatch: JNPT
- Delivery Time: READY STOCK
- Packaging Details: 179 KG BARREL PACKING