1. Why choose a career as an IC Design/IC Layout/PCB Layout Engineer?
Job rewards and satisfaction for engineers include:
Excellent salaries and benefits, Recognition for contributions to the design for products brought to market, Meaningful work helping companies develop new products that offer better performance while being less costly and more environment-friendly. Challenging work in a professional environment surrounded by talented colleagues.
2. What is the course content?
- Digital/Analog/RF IC Design.
- IC Layout Design.
- PCB Layout Design.
3. What is meant by Semiconductor Integrated Circuit?
Semiconductor Integrated Circuit means a product having transistors and other circuitry elements, which are inseparably formed on a semiconductor material or an insulating material or inside the semiconductor material and designed to perform an electronic circuitry function.
4. Which are the various processes used for fabrication of IC’s?
The different processes used for fabrication of IC’s are:
• GaAs • SiGe • CMOS • BiCMOS
5. What is meant by the Layout-Design of a Semiconductor Integrated Circuit?
The layout-design of a semiconductor integrated circuit means a layout of transistors and other circuitry elements and includes lead wires connecting such elements and expressed in any manner in semiconductor integrated circuits.
6. What is meant by the PCB Layout-Design?
A printed circuit board, or PCB, is used to mechanically support and electrically connect electronic using conductive pathways, tracks or signal traces etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate.
7. What is the infrastructure like?
SM Wirelesse’s Training Center has a good infrastructure equipped with facilities like variety of latest industry standard EDA tools like,
- Cadence Design Suite including Spectre Schematic composer and Simulation tool, Virtuoso Layout Editor, Assura DRC and Physical verification tool.
- Agilent’s ADS design tool.
- AWR’s Analog Office, Microwave Office tool.
- IC Editor.
- Capture CIS, Schematic Capture tool.
- Or cad Layout Editor.
- Cadence’s Allegro PCB Design tool.
8. What is the eligibility?
The student should be a Degree, Post Graduate Degree, Diploma, Advanced Diploma holder and must have good understanding of Electronics from a reputed state recognized university.
9. Will you provide the study materials?
Yes. All our training materials are developed and delivered by our own expert faculty, which are based on the materials used across different IC /PCB designing domain industries. No such material is available from any other source.
10. What will be the class timings for the course?
We have full time and a part time program.