Products and Services
- Abacavir Sulfate Tablets
- Anti TB Tablets( Dedicated)
- Aqueous Cream
- Atenolol Tables
- Baclofen Tablets
- Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream
- Cefaclor Capsules
The manufacturing facilities have been built to the most exacting standards, meeting the requirements of regulatory authorities in the most stringent global markets.
Our domain strategy of focusing on developing a comprehensive product portfolio in specific therapies has resulted in strategic partnerships with global pharma players like GlaxoSmithKline and Pfizer. In 2008, Strides entered into a licensing and supply agreement with GlaxoSmithKline for 95 emerging countries excluding Sub Saharan Africa and India.
In early 2010, Strides entered into a licensing and supply agreement with Pfizer for a portfolio of 40 off-patent sterile injectables and oral products (many of which are oncology therapeutics). The products will be commercialised through Pfizer's Established Products Business Unit to healthcare providers and patients in the USA. The agreement was further extended in mid 2010 with a licensing and supply agreement covering 38 generic oncology products for markets in the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea and additional products for the USA, in all a portfolio of 45 productsThe partnerships we have forged with the big pharmaceutical companies provide an opportunity for Strides to play a growingly important role in the global healthcare industry, and establish it as a partner of choice in the highly complex steriles segment.
Drawing on our extensive experience of seventeen years across emerging and developed markets worldwide, Strides entered the Indian domestic market in 2007 with a range of products for diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, neurology and female healthcare through the acquisition of Chennai based pharmaceutical company, Grandix Pharmaceuticals Limited.
Our domestic presence was further strengthened in 2009 with the introduction of a Critical Care products portfolio under a newly created division, Ray of Life. The Critical Care Business marks our entry into the high end Indian oncology, nephrology and antibiotics segment and offers the medical fraternity and consumers in India high quality healthcare products at an affordable price.
Our commitment to providing quality health care and our work ethic has attracted a skilled and energised workforce who are steering our growth in the domestic market. We continue to provide exciting career opportunities for young and talented healthcare professionals.
Who we are
- Deepak Vaidya
- Arun Kumar
- A K Nair
- K R Ravishankar
- M R Umarji
- Mukul Sarkar
- P M Thampi
- Sridhar S
Executive Vice Chairman & Group CEO
Chief Legal Advisor
With over 20 years of experience in the financial services industry, Mukul Sarkar is General Manager and Group Head, Corporate Banking Group, Export-Import Bank of India (Exim Bank). He is a member of the Bank's top management team responsible for the Bank's All India Credit Operations. From 2001 to 2004, he served as the Head of Exim Bank's office in Milan, Italy, looking after the Bank's European operations. Mukul was earlier Chief Manager at SBI Capital Markets Limited and has handled many IPOs and Rights Offers of Indian companies. He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering from IIT, Kharagpur and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM, Kolkata
Entered into collaboration with Pfizer to license and supply 40 off-patent products, largely oncology products, for the USA market; bought Campos facility in Brazil from Aspen
Extended Pfizer transaction to cover Canada, Australia, European Union, Japan, New Zealand and Korea; rebranded Specialty division as Agila Specialties Private Limited; acquired controlling stake in Inbiopro Solutions to enter biopharmaceuticals segment
Rebranded Specialty Division as Agila Specialties Private Limited
Acquired biotechnology company Inbiopro Solutions to enter the biologics space
R & D
Strides Technology and Research's (STAR) high technical expertise, culture of innovation and unique ability to identify market opportunities has resulted in a robust pipeline of products to meet the growing requirements of Pharma majors as they face the challenges of an off patent regime. The focus of the team at STAR is on hi-end value products that are niche in terms of development complexity and formulation design and characterised by high entry barriers.
The 350 strong R&D team offers solutions across the entire product development value chain including strategic sourcing, identification and characterisation of the reference drug, patent and regulatory review, formulation development, analytical method development and validation, stability and bioequivalence studies, packaging development, regulatory filings and technology transfer.
STAR is actively engaged in the development of a wide variety of dosage forms like parenterals (liquid injections in vials/ampoules/prefilled syringes, dry powders and lyophilised products) including novel delivery systems like liposomes and peptides, solid orals (coated and uncoated tablets) and soft gelatin capsules for both regulated and emerging markets. Our domains of focus are oncolytics, peptides, penems, ophthalamics and biosimilars. In the biosimilar segment, through our acquisition of biotechnology company, Inbiopro, we have access to a team of 20 scientists who are engaged in developing biosimilar recombinant therapeutic proteins, vaccines and have strong capabilities in high expression mammalian and microbial platform-based development. Our strong R&D capabilities together with our knowledge of the regulatory environment in regulated markets have resulted in successful registrations in several markets. As of December 31, 2010, we have 140 ANDA filings (104 in steriles) with 51 approvals (32 in steriles) in addition to 112 product registrations in established markets and 930 in emerging markets and the rest of the world.
Our innovative formulation development skill sets, combined with competitive developments costs and the ability to provide end-to-end customer support, have established the Division as a value added growth engine.
As the R&D Division continues in its quest to create differentiated delivery formats and provide end-to-end customer support, its value and significance to Strides will only be enhanced.
Employees of Strides are actively engaged in providing life and vocation skills training, academic coaching and mentoring to students and teacher training to the faculty of the school, besides educational programmes for parents. In addition, employees participate in celebrating important events and festivals with the students. All employees of Strides are encouraged to devote a minimum of 8 hours a year to these outreach programmes
Medical grants are made available to certain sections of employees for medical emergencies and exigencies that are not covered by their ESI eligibility or are beyond their group health insurance coverage
our partners• Pfizer
- Continuous training and education for all employees so as to improve awareness and ensure implementation of environment, health and safety policies and objectives
- Employee involvement through the concept of Safety Committees
- Highlighting and celebrating Special Days that reinforce a commitment to Environmental Health & Safety like Earth Day, Safety Week, World Health Day and so on
- Tool Box talks for contractors and others engaged in high risk jobs
- Environmental Health & Safety is mandated in all Standard Operating Procedures
- Manufacturing units are equipped with highly sophisticated effluent treatment plants and treated water is used to maintain the gardens and lawns
- Airborne dust and vapour are controlled by providing adequate engineering control measures in the form of local dust/vapour extraction points
- Suitable respiratory protection (mask or air stream helmet) is provided to workers to cover the residual risks of exposure
- Regular workplace monitoring to assess the levels of air borne dusts and vapours through international industrial hygienists
- Aggressive energy monitoring programme to reduce the carbon foot print and impact on greenhouse gases.
- Around 90-100 kilolitres of effluent water is recycled at the Bangalore facility every day, part of which is used to maintain the gardens at Strides' corporate office
- All our manufacturing facilities have zero discharge status
- ISO 14001 certification for our oral dosage form facility for maintaining high standards of environment health safety compliance
- Implementation of isolator technology for high containment areas
- State of the art technology at our steriles and oncology facilities which minimises manual intervention
- Waste heat recovery systems to minimise impact on the environment
- Well-equipped gymnasium at the corporate office to promote health awareness
FinancialsStrides is one of the fastest growing pharmaceutical companies in the country, delivering consistently strong financials.
Reward & Recognition
Our Reward & Recognition policies are designed to create a motivating and fulfilling work environment for employees as they build their careers at Strides.
Some of our initiatives include:
- The Strides Leadership Incentive Compensation Plan or SLIC which is a performance-related incentive based on the performance of the individual, function or unit and the Strides Group. Outstanding achievers stand to receive incentives in excess of 100% under SLIC.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan or ESOP is a benefit available to middle and senior management
- Long Service Award awarded to employees who complete 10 and 20 years of continuous service within the Strides Group. This is a highly acclaimed award within the Strides community and is awarded every year on Strides Day which falls in October.
- Strides King of Africa, another prestigious award, that is awarded to a member of the sales team in Africa for excellence in achieving targets, profitability and collections
WORKING AT STRIDES
As a multilocational organisation we are committed to a culture of diversity which is reflected in the large and varied workforce we have across the globe.Employment decisions at Strides are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. We employ people without regard to gender, race, colour, nationality, sexual preference, marital status, age, disability, religion or employment status.The value of this diversity is a rich and unique blend of minds and cultures that makes working at Strides more compelling and exciting. Across the globe we are represented by over 25 nationalities.
OPPORTUNITIES AT STRIDESOur focus at Strides is on recruiting people who share our passion for quality and excellence and who are committed to addressing solutions for better healthcare. We work in a very open environment where original thinking, creativity and innovation are encouraged.
Career opportunities at Strides are available at various levels:
- Summer or project internships for students
- Entry level positions through campus recruitments at BPharm/MPharm or MBA institutions
- Mid to senior level positions through open vacancies
We encourage students who have the talent and aptitude to join us as interns under our hands-on internship programme, "Paatashala" which prepares students to make the transition from classrooms to cubicles. Over a period that ranges between 4 weeks to 24 weeks, Paatashala provides students with an enriching experience, business intelligence, the requisite tools and networking opportunities with Strides' leadership team so as to prepare them for a career in the healthcare industry. Besides learning about Strides and what makes the Company so unique in the pharmaceutical industry, the experience ensures that students learn the operational nuances of the pharmaceutical world while completing the academic requirements of an assigned project.
- Year of Establishment
- IndiaMart Member Since
- Nature of Business
- Legal Status of Firm
Private Limited Company