About Suprajit Engineering Limited
Incorporated as a Private Limited Company in 1986, Suprajit Engineering Limited started manufacturing, supplier & exporter high quality liner cables to exacting Japanese standards for the automotive industry in 1987. Currently catering to a wide spectrum of automotive and non-automotive cable requirements, Suprajit Engineering has achieved phenomenal growth and has cemented itself as India's largest manufacturer of automotive cables with a capacity of over 150 million cables a year with a turnover of 100 million USD. Suprajit is now listed in the Indian bourses and is amongst the top five cable manufacturers in the world. The firm not only manufactures but has a good niche in exporting and supplying of Automotive Cables, Non-Automotive Cables, Mechanical Gauges, Two Wheeler Cables, Automotive OEM Products and Cable Parts.
The firm has observed unprecedented success in last few years and has marked global presence in the market. All this has happened under the perfect guidance of Mr.Ajit Rai who is our Chairman & Managing Director. His understanding of global market condition is unmatched and the organization has reaped huge benefit from the same.
Our excellent infrastructural facility in Bengaluru, Karnataka caters to our entire business needs in efficient manner. We have provisioned sufficient place for all the departments to facilitate their functioning, these departments have all the amenities which provide enormous support. Our manufacturing plant is huge and has capacity to carry out bulk production with complete comfort. We believe in carrying out our business tasks in a very organized manner and thus have a very organized warehousing system wherein all our manufactured products are kept in a systematic manner till the time they get dispatched to clients.
We being a client centric organization lay huge stress on quality of our products as the same has huge implications in the area of their application. We ensure to test the entire range on various quality parameters during the process of manufacturing and also when they take a final shape. We are very particular about quality and will never compromise on it at any cost. Clients are facilitated with various easy payment options so that do not face any inconvenience while making the payments, they can pay us through DD, cheque, cash, online and RTGS. We make sure the products reach the doorstep on time through our efficient distribution network.
ISO TS 16949 2002
Suprajit is committed to being a World Class Organization and supplies cables and components to overseas and domestic customers in the automotive and non-automotive sectors. It strives to comply with the highest possible quality standards and practices a philosophy of continuous improvement. It adopts processes that ensure fool proof & defect free manufacturing. Suprajit also seamlessly and efficiently satisfies its customer needs by optimizing production cycles. Continuous improvement through Kaizan, lean manufacturing practices, quality circles, employee training, suggestion schemes and environment management systems are the hallmarks of suprajit's success in customer retention and growth. Its TPM initiatives further ensure customer satisfaction and superior product quality.
- ISO/TS 16949-All Units
- ISO 14000/18000-Select Units
Suprajit's cable manufacturing plants are strategically located across India. Plants in Bangalore cater to requirements of customers in the South while Suprajit's Manesar, Chakan and Vapi plants effectively meet the requirements of Northern, Western and Eastern regions of India. The Suprajit Group has two 100% export oriented plants in Bangalore. These plants cater separately to the automotive and the non-automotive export needs of the company. State-of-the-art conveyorised assembly lines and cellular manufacturing systems are used across all of Suprajit Group's 12 plants. This ensures that quality, costs and cycle times are effectively controlled to maximize customer satisfaction and enable Suprajit to be a globally competitive manufacturer.
Research & Development
Suprajit’s success has largely been due to its ability to do cutting edge research and development for its customers and products. With multiple development centers across India and Europe, Suprajit can focus on rapid development of cables for a large variety of projects and customer requirements. Suprajit excels in a high quality and quick development cycle through highly skilled staff with experience in the latest range of design software. Rapid prototyping results in quick turnaround times for sample development, giving Suprajit a cutting edge in the industry. Suprajit uses a variety of the latest software for its development including ProE, Autocad, Catia and Unigraphics.
Suprajit Group comprises of Suprajit Engineering Limited, Suprajit Automotive Limited and Suprajit Europe Limited. The group is a global leader in the automotive cable industry. With the most competitive manufacturing in India and its technical and logistical supports worldwide, the group provides the optimal product development and manufacturing solutions to its domestic and international customers.With a compounded annual growth of over 30%, the group has one of the largest manufacturing capacities in world with 150 million cables per year.
- Capacity of more than 150 million cables annually
- India's largest cable Manufacturing two, three & four wheeler segments
- Continued product development and diversification
- 30% compounded annualized growth rate
- 2011: Gills Cables Limited renamed as Suprajit Europe Ltd.
- 2011: Commercial Production at Bangalore, Unit-12
- 2011: Formation of Suprajit Foundation, a Trust for CSR activities
- 2010: Commercial Production at Haridwar, Unit-10
- 2010: Awarded by KSFC as “Best Enterprise of the State”
- 2009: Commercial Production at 100% EOU in Bangalore, Unit-9
- 2007: Best IT User Award-2006 in Automotive Sector by NASSCOM
- 2007: Commercial production at the second plant in Manesar, Unit-4
- 2007: Commercial production at Pantnagar plant, Unit-7
- 2006: Twin Awards by CNBC/ICICI Bank/CRISIL: SME & Auto Ancillary of the Year
- 2006: Acquisition of CTP Gills Cables, U.K. through subsidiary, Gills Cables Ltd, U.K.
- 2006: Acquisition of J.V. stake of Carclo PLC, U.K. by Suprajit Automotive Pvt. Ltd
- 2006: Successfully implemented Oracle ERP across all units
- 2005: Listing of Shares at The National Stock Exchange of India Ltd, Mumbai (NSE)
- 2004: ISO 14000 & 18000 Certification for Manesar Unit
- 2004: Launch of CTP Suprajit Automotive Private Limited
- 2003: Listing of Shares at The Stock Exchange, Mumbai (BSE)
- 2003: State of the Art cable plant at Chakan, Pune, Unit-5
- 2003: Implementation of TS-16949 at all units
- 2002: India’s largest cable Manufacturer
- 2002: Acquisition of Shah Concabs Pvt Ltd, a Cable Manufacturer at Vapi, Unit-6
- 2002: State of the Art cable plant, Unit-4, Manesar
- 1998: Commercial Production at Unit -3
- 1997: “Enterprise of the State” award by KSFC
- 1996: Public issue of Equity Shares at premium
- 1994: Commercial Production at Unit -2
- 1987: Commercial Production at Unit -1
- 1985: Incorporated as a Private Limited Company
Suprajit is a cable supplier to a wide range of global and domestic automotive customers including Tata Motors, BMW, General Motors (India), Volkswagen, Ford India Limited, Suzuki, Mahindra & Mahindra, Jaguar, Land Rover, Piaggio, Nissan, Lear Corporation, Eicher Motors, Swaraj Mazda, SAAB, MAGNA, BEHR India, Inteva Products Automotive India, Isringhausen, Bajaj Tempo, Force Motors, Vauxhall, Opel, IFB Automotive Seating Systems, Benteler, GM Daewoo, Witte Velbert, Valeo, Class India, Shivani Locks, Technico and many other major automotive customers (either directly or indirectly).
Located near Bangalore in India, Suprajit Automotive Limited (SAL) is a 100% export oriented subsidiary of Suprajit Engineering. SAL is specialized in the large scale manufacture of cables to marque customers worldwide. Setup on a sprawling 100,000 square feet of manufacturing space, this plant prides itself on globally competitive manufacturing and works closely with Suprajit Europe to serve its customers.
Based in Tamworth in the United Kingdom, Suprajit Europe is the Suprajit Group's technical center to the western world. With over 70 years of cable making experience and cutting edge development capabilities, Suprajit Europe seamlessly blends the cost competitive manufacturing facilities in India with the demanding expectations of global customers. With world class research and development, prototyping, warehousing and small volume specialist cable manufacturing facilities, Suprajit Europe acts as a perfect intermediary for the global operations of Suprajit Group.
To,Suprajit Engineering Limited