About Swani Spice Mills Private Limited
Our Business Philosophy
Swani Group has diversified business interest in the area of spice processing, automobiles, rubber processing and other trading and business activities. The group consists of the following business entities:
|Swani Spice Mills Pvt. Ltd.||HACCP Certified.|
State of art spice processing plant from Buhler.
|Hindustan Trading Corporation|
|The pioneer Psyllium manufacturing plant in India|
|Kuldip Singh Swani & Co.|
|Exporters and general merchants|
|Specialists in export of medicinal herbs|
|Specialized in export of celery seeds, saffron and North Indian dry herbs.|
|Swani Motors Pvt. Ltd.|
Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jalandhar,
|Authorized dealers for Maruti Suzuki Motors Co. Ltd.|
|Swani Rubbber Industries Chandigarh||Manufacturers of specialized Rubber Reclamation.|
|Clean All Corporation|
|Specialised cleaning unit|
|Sri GurDev Photo Colors|
|Photography and Media Studios|
|Unico Spice Pvt. Ltd.||Grinding Plant.|
- Warehousing & Storage: We are one of the few exporters in India who have our own, warehouse's (separate for raw material and finished goods), processing units, laboratories in house. HACCP and GHP / GMP are followed.
- Raw Material Sourcing: All raw materials are carefully sourced from India's prime growing farm sectors where the fertile soil and climatic conditions give Indian spices, oilseeds and medical herbs the quality and superiority edge.
- Machinery & Equipments: State of the art machinery and equipment are used from all over the world for our processing. Our processing plant, was recently renovated by Buhler ( Switzerland ) for an annual capacity of 15,000 MTS of various spices and oilseeds.
The processing unit, Swani Spice Mills Pvt. Ltd is HACCP Certified from DNV ( RVA ) of the Netherlands.
- Automation: To minimize human error and contamination factor we at Swani Corporation explore every opportunity for completely automated processes, systems and functions. This outcome of our automation helps minimum human interference in the process of spice preparation and processing.
Clients / Customers
Swani Caters To Customers Across The World Namely In:
- South Africa
- South America
- New Zealand.
Certifications:Milestones in Swanis journey through the spice trade, through the ages are the ISO, HACCP, Spice House, Halal, Kosher, Orgnic, Star Trading, Export House certifications.
Awards and Achievements
- Spices Board, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
- Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics Export Promotion Council, Chemecil, Ministry of Commerce, Govt. of India.
The company’s continual growth is testimony of our capability and commitment to adapt to the needs of an ever changing world.To Challenge & Push the boundaries of Traditional Business by merging:
- Advanced Technology
- New Ideas and Environmentally Sustainable Solutions in Farming, Processing and Quality.
Our mission is to be a Customer Centric, Environmentally Friendly, and Sustainable Enterprise who is able to deliver True Value throughout the supply chain.SWANI wants to be a Solution Provider for Spices, Flavours & Blends enhancing the taste of food through better farming, production & processes.
Board of Directors
Kuldip Singh Swani:
- He Is The Patriarch Of The Swani Family, And Has Been Instrumental To Sow The Seeds That Have Brought The Swani Group To What It Is Today . His Grandfather Was Instrumental In Bringing Celery Seeds, And Psyllium To India From South Of France And Identified In The Planting Areas For Celery In His Home Town Of Amritsar, And Psyllium In North Gujarat . He Was The First Indian To Put Up Mechanised Cleaning Of Seeds In 1962 , And Spearheaded Our Move And Expansion To Our Current Location In 1995 . He Restarted The Spice Business Again In 1956 , In The Style Of Swani Corporation And Has Made It Grow From Strength To Strength. In 1973 His Son, Kirandip Joined The Business In And Together They Worked To The Business To New Heights. His Knowledge, Vision And Insight Has Been An Invaluable Contributor To Our Growth And Success.
Kirandip Singh Swani:
- The Managing Director Is An Engineer From M.s. University – Vadodhara. He Played An Important Role During His 8 Year Tenure As A Member Of The Spices Board. He Went On To Become The Chairman Of The Task Force Of The Spices Board And Maintained The Post For A Period Of 3 Years. For The Next 3 Years He Was The Chairman Of Indian Spice & Food Stuffs Association. Kirandip Swani Went On To Become The Hon. Secretary Of ‘indian Oil & Oilseeds Product Exporters Association For 2 Consecutive Years. With His Experience And Knowledge In The Field He Was On The Advisory Panel On Seeds & Spices Of Sgs Labs For 4 Years.
Harjiv Singh Swani:
- He Is Also An Engineer With A B.e. Degree In Industrial Engineering And Management From Bangalore University And Heads Swani’s High Tech Processing House And Laboratory And The Spice Processing Line In The Capacity Of Director (operations). Harjiv Is The Key Driver For Process Innovations And Is All About Tomorrow’s Technology.
Parneet Singh Swani:
- He Is A Marketing Professional With An Mba In International Business And Marketing From University Of Technology, Sydney, Australia And Has A Good Understanding Of Global Markets And Trends. He Currently Handles Backward Integration, Sales & Marketing Finances, Operating In The Capacity Of Director (commercial).
Our Group of Companies
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Exporters Of Spices, Sesame & Botanicals.
Hindustan Trading Corporation
- Sidhpur, Gujarat
- The Pioneer Psyllium Manufacturing Plant In India.
Kuldip Singh Swani & Co.
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Exporters And General Merchants
- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Specialists In Export Of Medicinal Herbs
- Amritsar, Punjab
- Specialized In Export Of Celery Seeds, Saffron And North Indian Dry Herbs.
The Following Processing Facilities Are Available At Swani:
- Seed Cleaning & Sortex Section
- Milling Sections (spice Specific)
- Steam Sterilizing (2012)
- R & D Area
- 15,000 T Spice Cleaning Plant – This Plant In New Mumbai Can Handle All Sifting, Vacuum Destoning And Gravity Separating Operations Ensuring Low Admixtures.
- A Colour Sorter From Buhler (sortex Uk) At The End Of The Processing Line For High End Spices.
- 9500 Mt Spice Milling Plant At Vashi, New Mumbai.
- (6000 + 3500 = 9500 Mts.)
- 1000 Mt Botinicals Processing Plant At New Mumbai.
- New Milling Line Of 12,000 Mts. Per Year Is Currently Being Added.
SURVIVING THE SPICE WARS – SWANI – SINCE 1864
Empires were made and destroyed by spice wars. By 1811, when the East India Company established itself in India, spices adapted to European palate, became more visible in England.SWANI entered the spice trade ushering in an era of friendship with a palatable goal – that of giving the world the real taste of India – the land of exotic spices and its enticing aroma. Mr. Saran Singh Swani began the trade and export of Agro Products, Spices and Medicinal Herbs in 1864, and since then there has been no looking back. Today India is the largest exporter of spices in the world with a market share of 50% and SWANI’S contribution has added value to this figure.The vintage values of purity, integrity, honesty & sincerity continue to be close to our hearts to this day.
THE SWANI EXPERIENCE:There is no shortcut to experience and knowledge. It can only be attained by long and hard years of understanding, learning and decades of working tirelessly in all aspects of the spice trade. Now the seventh generation of SWANIS are in the spice trade. When sourcing from the market, visual examination is the only possibility and a trained eye makes all the difference. After more than a century in the field, you can be assured that you are in good & safe hands.Swani nurtured the business with sensitivity, ensuring that spices are collected directly from the supply source. From soil to seed selection and climatic conditions, to growers who share the same sensitivity for excellence and quality, Swani has established a trusted and reliable chain.
About The Owner
Bhai Saran Singh Swani
- 1864- Founder
Establishment Of Companies:
- Our Parent Company, M/s. Saran Singh Lachman Singh has been established since 1864, witnessing the past & now shaping the future of the Spice Industry.
- Swani Corporation was established in 1954
- Swani Spice Mills Pvt. Ltd. was established in 1992
- Our forefathers of Swani linage were instrumental in bringing Celery Seeds & Psyllium to India from south of France. It was him & the younger generations after him, who helped to popularize and extend the cultivations to where they are now self-sustaining crops.
- In 1962, Mr. Kuldip Swani was the First Indian Spice Exporter to import Seed Cleaning Equipment which put an end to Manual Cleaning at Swani.
- In 1995 Swani moved to a larger Hi-Tech Facility measuring 25,000 sq.ft. in Navi Mumbai, where a brand new Seed Cleaning Line, Warehouses and Laboratories were set up.
- In 1998 the Seed Cleaning Line was completely upgraded as required by the Food Safety regulations.
- In 2001 Swani developed an additional area of 20,000 sq.ft. for a Hi-tech Warehouse & Processing Unit.
- In 2004 Swani established its first Milling Line for Ground Spices.
- In 2009 a second Milling Line, which is one of its kind in the country, was inaugurated
- A new R & D facility has been set up for Blends & Flavors to offer customers world-wide.
- In 2011 ground breaking was begun for a 30,000sq.ft. site, for further upgrading the now expanding infrastructure. Expected completion – 2012
- In 2012 we expect to have our State-of-the-Art Steam Treatment Plant up & running.
We are constantly striving to provide Quality Food Ingredients to our customers using the choicest of raw materials and the latest available technology.We attribute our success to our longstanding dedication to the business.
- This will be achived by Focused Backward Integration to enhance product quality and food safety.
- Handling and Processing of materials in a hygienic environment, by a trained and motivated team.
- This will be ensured through an Effective Quality Assurance program supported by a competent In-house Laboratory and Team.
- Private Labelling
- Steam Sterilized.
- From the Farm to the Factory Swani has built up a very strong relationship thus strengthening linkages with farmers for better GAP.
- Strict quality control at the factory level trickles down eventually to the farmer, who works harder to better relationships with Swani.
- A vendor approval programme is followed for Sesme, Turmeric, Chillie etc.
- Swani now has an Organic programme in place to locate and encourage farmers who are willing to embrace Organic Farming again as their fore-fathers did in the past – The Environment Friendly route.
- ISO, Haccp, Spice House, Halal, Kosher, Organic, Star Trading, Export House.
- It’s the back to nature, save the environment and thus improve public health attitude that SWANI is trying to inculcate in the farmers.
- The Newest Integration is Sustainable Agriculture, teaching the farmers Good Agricultural Practices, Water Saving Techniques, Reduced Release of Nitrogen into the atmosphere and High Yield Outputs are the measurable goals.
Hi-Tech Process House
Wanis High-Tech Process House:Seed Cleaning Units:Swani is the first company in India to introduce mechanized cleaning process in the year 1962. Today, the processing units are HACCP, ISO 22000 Certified & Spice House Certified.Milling & Blending Section:The Plant has 2 different Milling lines
- Line No. 1: This line uses fine milling technology for products more than500 microns like turmeric, coriander, ginger, fenugreek etc.
- Line No. 2: Line No. 2 is a Buhler Engineered line. This is used mainly for handling Spice Blends, Chillies & more sensitive spices to achieve maximum flavour and aroma retention compared to the conventional mills.
- Line No. 3: Commissioning by early 2012 – Another Buhler Line to augment additional capacity for straight Spices and Blends.
- All contact parts are stainless steel.
- Adequate Quantities of Magnets at different points of the Processing Line ranging from 5000 to 12500 gauze to ensure metal free products.
- Metal Detectors – on line & prior to packing the products
Swani believes that automation eliminates human error and serves the cause of food safety in the long run.Storage & logistics:SWANI has its own warehouses, separate for Raw Material, Finished Goods and Allergen Products. The Raw Material Ware House is located in the basement, ensuring that there is no cross contamination with the finished goods. GMP and GHP are also displayed in local languages.A focused backward integration system is in place to improve product quality and enforce food safety norms.Organoleptic Lab.:
Tests performed here are for:
- Raw Materials
- Online Production tests
- Finished Cargo.
Swani Management Mantra:
- Communication with the buyers : Swani is always in touch with their clients; advising them about sourcing times, and levels through the year. We even recommend and encourage Farm & Factory visits. Swani realizes the importance of regular market reports, price updates and communication of developments of trends to their customers.
- Strategic Buying at farms level for Organic, Sustainably Farmed & at terminal markets, with no middlemen keeping the costs to the minimum and enhancing farmer relations. This is a part of Swani’s Core Competence, which gives them access, accuracy to changes on the farm level thereby being better updates, guidance and advice to their customers. This is Swani advantage which starts in progression
- quality selection at farm level
- cost effectiveness
- advice and insight that comes with over 145 years of experience.
- Commitment to Improvement through ongoing investment into R&D, Technology and HR. Swani Management strategies have ensured that the company grows. Swani has recently upgraded its Research & Development, Product Development infrastructure and enhanced value add processing lines in their new facility.
- Every department of the company has specific systems in place. The Food Safety, GHP & GMP practices monitored and controlled by the Microbiologist and Quality Assurance Manager.
- Analysis Reports and Traceability records are also in place. This helps Swani keep its Quality Assurance program updated and in place. Traceability in certain cases is so complete that Swani is able to trace back to the specific farmer should the need arise.
To,Swani Spice Mills Private Limited