Yoga For Weight Management.
If you have extra weight with potbelly or unshaped body structure with extra fat you are suffering from obesity.
Heaviness, Low energy, Stress, tension, fatigue, anxiety and unwillingness to face social gatherings are slow poison, which destroy your potentials. Observe yourself this might be causing obesity or might be happening to you because of obesity.
Obesity is the one of the major cause of fatal diseases viz. Hypertension, Asthma, Heart Diseases, Joint pain etc. Actually it is an alarm to all. This will reduce your working efficiency, which might be the curse when human being is competing to break the limits.
Latest Obesity Statistics
USA Obesity Rates Reach Epidemic Proportions
* 58 Million Overweight; 40 Million Obese; 3 Million morbidly Obese
* Eight out of 10 over 25's Overweight
* 78% of American's not meeting basic activity level recommendations
* 25% completely Sedentary
* 76% increase in Type II diabetes in adults 30-40 yrs old since 1990
Obesity Related Diseases
* 80% of type II diabetes related to obesity
* 70% of Cardiovascular disease related to obesity
* 42% breast and colon cancer diagnosed among obese individuals
* 30% of gall bladder surgery related to obesity
* 26% of obese people having high blood pressure
Childhood Obesity Running Out of Control
* 4% overweight 1982 | 16% overweight 1994
* 25% of all white children overweight 2001
* 33% African American and Hispanic children overweight 2001
* Hospital costs associated with childhood obesity rising from $35 Million (1979) to $127 Million (1999)
Childhood Metabolic and Heart Risks
* New study suggests one in four overweight children is already showing early signs of type II diabetes (impaired glucose intolerance)
* 60% already have one risk factor for heart disease
Surge in Childhood Diabetes
* Between 8% - 45% of newly diagnosed cases of childhood diabetes are type II, associated with obesity.
* Whereas 4% of Childhood diabetes was type II in 1990, that number has risen to approximately 20%
SOURCE: Wellness International Network Ltd
Power Yoga for You
It is not the time to worry about but the time to do something that would give you permanent solution. You may find many other ways in the market for loosing weight but be cautious they are not free of risk. Yoga as holistic healing approach is efficient tool to achieve your ideal weight with best of shape.
Power Yoga program will not only make you feel better in your body and achieve your ideal weight but also improve your eating habits and alleviate digestive disorders, chronic conditions, allergies, asthma. You will be confident in choosing better food for you as well as experience a lasting increase in your energy and vitality.
Weight Loss Diet Advice
No matter how much excess weight or fat you have, if you want to lose weight permanently, your diet program should be directed toward a slow, steady weight loss. According to official government dietary guidelines, unless your doctor feels your particular health condition would benefit from more rapid weight loss, you should expect to lose no more than 2 pounds/ 1kg of fat a week, although initial loss (mainly water) may be greater. Losing more weight is no guarantee that weight loss is likely to be permanent.
Every living animal on the planet has blood pressure; there is no exception to this rule. The blood flows through the body with certain pressure, but if the pressure is higher than the normal range then it is a disease, which is called High Blood Pressure or sometimes the blood pressure drops below the normal range, then it is called Low Blood Pressure.
For the blood to reach all parts of the body, it has certain pressure. This pressure is created because of contraction of heart. Sometimes for various reasons these blood pressure increases, for example fearful situation, anger, anxiety, excessive thinking, mental tensions or even for physical exertion. During these situations the heart comes under extra workload. But when the situation changes to normal than Blood Pressure also comes to the normal. This temporary change in Blood Pressure is not disease but when this Blood pressure remains high always, it becomes a disease.
Blood Pressure is one among the various diseases that affect the human body. The medical term for blood pressure is hypertension. Blood pressure is characterized by abnormal pressure levels in the arteries.
When the pressure is lower than the normal, it interferes with the well being of a person. When the pressure increases, it causes damage to the heart and sometimes proves fatal.
The BP is not same everywhere; it is maximum close to heart from where the blood comes out and lowest where blood comes in to the heart. So always the BP is measured on the hands. There are 2 types of pressures, systolic and diastolic. Systolic Pressure is higher and indicates the contraction of heart and diastolic is when heart expands. The BP in healthy person is 120 mm / 80 mm, that is systolic 120mm and diastolic is 80mm. If the BP is greater or lesser by 15 mm to 20 mm than the normal range, it is considered as disease.
There are various reasons for this high BP. Sometimes because of improper functioning of kidneys, heart related problems or diabetes BP can go high, so if these diseases are treated then BP also comes to normal. But in 80 % of the cases there is no apparent reason, then it is called "Essential Hypertension".
The reason for this High BP is cannot be found on physical plane but can be traced to mental activities. High mental strain results in high BP.
Hypertension is usually caused due to excess stress, strain, and emotional disturbances. In some cases, arterial problems, disturbed kidney function and malfunctioning of the endocrine gland cause hypertension.
Sedentary lifestyles are the reason for high blood pressure. Physical activity and ability to stay active helps to reduce the risk of blood pressure. Physical activity makes the heart stronger. Exercise helps to improve the condition of the heart, by making it pump more blood efficiently.
More Info Plz See the atached PDF:
Yoga For Healthy Back
Yoga for Healthy Back
Back pain is one of the most common physical complaints among adults; some estimates say that over 20% of adults have some chronic back pain. It is the chief cause of misery for many. At some point in their lives, most people will experience some sort of back discomfort. It is pain or discomfort felt in the upper, middle, or lower back. The pain may extend to the hips and legs.
Causes of Back Pain
The back consists of a complex arrangement of bone, ligaments, joints, muscles, and nerves, and pain can result from a problem with any of these components.The most common type of back pain is low back pain. That's because the lower portion of the back is under the most pressure when a person is sitting or lifting, and it can be easily damaged.
There are many causes of back pain
• The most common cause is a strain of the back, which is a small tear of the back muscles or ligaments. This usually results from a sudden or awkward movement, or from lifting a heavy object. But often, a person can't remember a particular incident that brought on the pain.
• Poor posture, back strain from poorly designed furniture, weak back and stomach muscles from lack of exercise, and injuries.
• Other common causes include poor muscle tone in the back, tension or spasm of the back muscles and problems with the joints that make up the back
Symptom of Back Pain
Pain in the lumbosacral area (lower part of the back) is the primary symptom of low back pain. The pain may radiate down the front, side, or back of your leg, or it may be confined to the low back. The pain may become worse with activity.
Occasionally, the pain may be worse at night or with prolonged sitting such as on a long car trip. You may have numbness or weakness in the part of the leg that receives its nerve supply from a compressed nerve. An example of this would be an inability to plantar flex the foot. This means you would be unable to stand on your toes or bring your foot downward. This occurs when the first sacral nerve is compressed or injured.
Another example would be the inability to raise your big toe upward. This results when the fifth lumbar nerve is compromised.
When you feel pain, it is really a reaction to signals transmitted throughout your body. These signals are sent from the pain source such as a sore back, through the nerves in the spinal cord, and up to the brain, where they are perceived as pain.
For More Info Plz See the PDF:
Yoga For Healthy Eyes
Yoga for Healthy Eyes
It is bitter fact that we do not take care of our eyes unless and until we develop eye problems viz. infection or diseases. It is another fact that our eyes should be healthy for healthy life as well as to have better working efficiency in the era of neck breaking tough competition in this global village.
How to make eyes healthy?
One month regular eye care program is answer to the eye problems especially widely common eye specs used by school students.
1. Cleaning procedure for eyes:
a. Sprinkling water: This process is best for everyone to keep eyes healthy.
• Put some water in a pot.
• Fill some water in your mouth.
• Sprinkle water on eyes for 20-25 times.
• Repeat it thrice a day.
b. Jal neti
• Add 1 tsp salt to half-liter lukewarm water to fill neti
• Stand relaxed with legs apart,
• Slightly bend forward and tilt your head to one side
• Keep breathing deeply by blocking lower side nostril to
activate upper nostril.
• Start exhaling through the mouth.
• Place neti pot nozzle in upper nostril and slowly pour
water into it.
• The water will flow out through the other nostril.
• Straighten up, blow nose gently to remove any mucous.
• Repeat with other nostril.
• Now close one nostril, and rapidly exhale 10-15 times
through the other and repeat the other side.
• Be sure that no water is coming out on exhalation of
c. Sutra neti
Procedure: In this process a special type of cotton thread or rubber catheter is used instead of water to clean the nostril which is perhaps more effective than simple jal neti.
a. OM Chanting: Chanting is yet another way of changing the vibration level of the body so that stress and disease cannot come anywhere. OM chanting has been widely used traditionally as a meditation tool and technique. Practicing these simple chants increase your vibration level, which naturally prevents all the disease.
b. Kapalbhati Pranayama:
Procedure: Exhalation of breath by force at the same time contracting abdominal area
c. Bhastrika Pranayama:
Procedure: Fast breathing exercise to remove water from nostril.
d. Bhramari Pranayama
• Sit in padmasan or on any other comfortable posture.
• Close your eyes and relax.
• Gently close your ears with thumbs and close your eyes
with middle and ring fingers by placing index finger on
• Inhale deeply as you count 1-5.
• Chant 'hum' as you slowly exhale slowly through the
mouth listening the sound vibrations in your body and
feel the head, eyes and face relax.
• Repeat three times.
For More Info Plz See the attached PDF:
Yoga For Insomnia
there is common myth about sleep hours. Ayurveda states that different people have their unique constitution of body which determines the requirement of sleep e. G. Vata prakriti people need least sleep. Pitta people need about 7-8 hours sleep and kapha people may feel fresh only after 8-9 hours sleep.
many things, such as stress, hormonal changes, medical or emotional problems, and certain medications, can cause insomnia, the sleep disorder.
if you suffer from insomnia, whether it's only occasionally or if it's chronic, yoga might be one way of overcoming it without resorting to sleeping pills.
if you have trouble falling asleep when you first go to bed, try about 30 minutes of slow yoga stretches and meditation about thirty minutes before bedtime. This will give your mind a chance to rest from the continual bombardment of thoughts and worries.
if you have a tendency to wake up in the early hours of the morning and you cannot get back to sleep, try some deep breathing exercises. Concentrate on the sound and rhythm of your breathing. Another good idea is to use a chant to drowned out your thoughts. "ohm" is the sound many practitioners use, but any simple word or phrase will do - love, health, i am. Concentrate on the sound of that word to the elimination of all else from your mind.
there are many things you can do to ensure you can get a good night's rest. Make sure that you take some kind of physical activity during the day, so the body is naturally ready to rest. Yoga is perfect for this. Do not take your worries to bed with you. Live your days well and make decisions that will cause you no sleepless nights.
yoga will help you fall asleep sooner and improve the quality of your sleep because of the stimulatory effect yoga has on the nervous system, and in particular the brain so that you need less sleep. You will have a more restful sleep because of the relaxing aspect of yoga and the subsequent relieving of stress, tension and fatigue. The practice of certain yoga postures will increase the blood circulation to the sleep center in the brain, which has the effect of normalizing the sleep cycle. You will wake up every morning ready to go instead of wishing you could stay in bed. You will need less sleep because yoga increases the elimination of toxins from the body and rejuvenates the entire body right down to cellular level.
avoid stimulating drinks containing caffeine before bedtime and avoid alcohol - this is mistakenly believed to be a relaxant but can actually fuel sleep problems. Not to mention destroying your body. Make sure you eat your last meal at least three hours before bedtime.
fore more info see the pdf:
Yoga For Joint Pain
Yoga for Joint Pain
Joints usually serve you effortlessly they glide like the parts of a miraculous machine through all the movements of your day. Then, one of these vital parts starts to hurt. What's going on? The pain that appears in different joints viz. hip joint, knee joint, neck joint, shoulder joint, wrist joint, ankle joint, back joint, elbow joint, foot joint and hand joint; that exactly is considered as joint pain.
Joint pain affects most of us. Our joints ache excruciatingly either due to inflammation or as a result of constant wear and tear. Spicy or fried food, a sedentary lifestyle (which makes the supporting muscles flaccid and thus overburdens the joints), wrong exercise, obesity (which places uneven and undue burden on our joints), bad posture and repetitive action.
Those most vulnerable to this malady include assembly line workers and those required to be on their feet constantly like nurses, doctors, policemen and surgeons. Others like cooks and gardeners suffer pain of the wrists and hands. Attempting exercises without proper warm-up or with ill-fitting shoes can also cause joint pain.
There are many possible causes of joint pain. The causes can be divided into categories:
• There are over 100 types of arthritis, including gout and rheumatoid arthritis. But the type that most commonly causes joint pain is osteoarthritis, sometimes called the wear-and-tear disease.
• Conditions that affect metabolism, such as gout and pseudogout. These conditions result from materials being deposited into the joints.
• Infections of the joint, sometimes called septic arthritis. Infections usually spread to the joint from other areas of the body. Gonorrhea and syphilis, two sexually transmitted infections, can cause joint pain. Lyme disease, an infection that results from a tick bite, and other infections can also cause arthritis.
• Autoimmune disorders, in which a person's body produces antibodies against its own tissues. These disorders include rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus.
• Reactive arthritis, which means joint pain and inflammation caused by infections in other areas of the body. This type of joint pain can result from infectious diarrhea or from chlamydia, a sexually transmitted infection.
• Medications, such as penicillin or procainamide
• Influenza (the "flu")
Yoga For Weight Management
The word yoga means "union" in Sanskrit, the language of ancient India where yoga originated. We can think of the union occurring between the mind, body and spirit. What is commonly referred to as "yoga" can be more accurately described by the Sanskrit word asana, which refers to the practice of physical postures or poses. Asana is only one of the eight "limbs" of yoga, the majority of which are more concerned with mental and spiritual well being than physical activity.
To,The Yoga Guru