Give a missed call on Toll Free
to download IndiaMART FREE Mobile App
About The Travancore Cochin Chemicals Limited
TCC is committed to supply quality chemicals at competitive prices to customers. Customer satisfaction, Concern for environment and Safety are our priorities.
We intend to achieve:
- Utmost level of conservation of all resources including energy.
- Cost effectiveness in all our operations.
- Regular upgrading of technologies used in processing.
- Compliance with laws and statutory regulations.
- Hindustan Lever Limited-Cochin, Kerala
- Indian Rare Earths Ltd-Udyogamandal, Kerala
- Tamil Nadu Paper Mills Limited Pugalur,Tamilnadu
- Pigments India Ltd., Chalakudy, Kerala
- Indian Oil Corporation, Ernakulam, Kerala
- Mysore paper Mills Ltd., Bhadravathy, Karnataka
- Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Ltd., Ernakulam, Kerala
- Travancore Titanium Products Ltd., Trivandrum, Kerala
- Kerala Minerals & Metals Ltd., Kollam, Kerala
- Hindustan Zinc Ltd (All Units)
- Hindalco . Ltd -Ernakulam, Kerala
- Hindustan Newsprint Limited, Kottayam, Kerala
- Kerala Chemicals & Proteins Ltd., Cochin , Kerala
- Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd., Ambalamugal, Kerala
- Kerala Water Authority Trivandrum, Kerala
- Hindustan Insecticides Ltd., Udyogamandal, Kerala
- Cochin Minerals & Rutiles Ltd., Aluva, Kerala
- National Thermal Power Corporation (All Units)
- Binani Zinc Limited, Edayar, Kerala
- Steel Authority of India Limited, (All Units)
- Karnataka Soaps & Detergents, Mysore, Karnataka
- Nuclear Fuel Coporation Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh
- Kudramukh Iron Ore Ltd., Mangalore, Karnataka
- GTN Textiles Hyderabad, Andra Pradesh
- Kochi Refineries Ltd., Ernakulam, Kerala
All the products of TCC are vital industrial raw materials and find extensive use in industries like:
- Mineral Processing
- Rare Earths
- Water Purification etc
Moving with the times, TCC keeps up its technology regularly updated and continue to be the competitive strength in the Chlor-alkali industry. With expanded plants and higher production capacity, TCC has come out to be the profitable public sector undertaking. Over the years we have achieved recognition and awards for the remarkable performance in the industry with regard to production, productivity, energy conservation and environmental protection.
- 1981: Best Performance Award for Safety in the State from Directorate of Factories & Boilers, Government of Kerala
- 1988-89: Best Pollution Control Award under group "Heavy Inorganic Industries" in Kerala, from Kerala State Pollution Control Board
- 1989: Award for Best Performance in Safety in India under Chemical Industries group from National Safety Council.
- 1989-90: Prize for Productivity from Kerala State Productivity Council.
- 1993: Best Performance award for Energy Conservation in the State of Kerala under group "Chemical & Fertilizers – above 3000 KVA" from Government of Kerala.
- 1994-95: Best Performance award for the Productivity in the State of Kerala under group "Large Industries" from Kerala State Productivity Council.
- 1995-96: Best Performance award for Productivity in the State of kerala under group "Large Industries" from Kerala State Productivity Council.
- 1998: Best performance award for Energy Conservation in the State of Kerala under group "Major Industries" from Energy Management Centre, Govt.of Kerala.
- 1998: Performance award for Energy Conservation under group Chlor-alkali Sector. Ministry of Power, Government of India.
- 2003: Kerala State Energy Conservation Award (2000) in the category of Large Scale Industry
- 2005: National Energy Conservation Award "Chlor-alkali Sector.
Stages of Growth
- 1956: A continuous Caustic Fusion Plant 20 tpd for producing Caustic Soda flakes.
- 1958: Chlorine Liquefaction Plant
- 1960: Capacity enhanced to 30 tpd further to 40 tpd.
- 1967: 7 tpd Sodium Hydrosulphate
- 1975: Added another 100 tpd Caustic Soda Membrane Unit thereby increased the production capacity 200 tpd own Water Treatment Plant.
- 1997: 100 TPD Caustic Soda manufacturing unit using Membarane technology capacity 125 tpd.
- 1998: New CCF Plant in place of existing 60 tpd.
- 2005: Addition 25 tpd
- 2006: Addition 25 tpd
- Shri K.S.Srinivas: Chairman
- Shri. V.Muraleedharan Nair: Managing Director
- Shri. R. Madhusoodhanan Nair: Director
- Shri. M.R. Karmachandran: Nominee Director
- Shri .J. Vijayamohanan: Director
- Shri. N.I. Paulose: Director
Health & Safety Policy
- TCC is committed to provide every one of its employees and the related public an accident-free and healthy environment in its efforts to manufacture high quality products at competitive prices. The company will comply with all statutory requirements in this regard.
- The company will provide a work environment in which identified hazards are controlled, if elimination is not feasible and will provide personal protective equipments wherever necessary.
- Accident prevention is the direct responsibility of the Line Management and will be an important criterion for performance appraisal. Line Management will ensure that all safety measures are incorporated in the operating and maintenance procedures as well as in any process technology changes in the plant/infrastructure.
- Consideration of health and safety will be given proper weightage in selection and deployment of the personnel.
- The company will ensure that health and safety aspects are given due consideration in decision regarding purchase of plant equipments, machinery and materials.
- Every employee of the company shall perform his/her job adopting Safe and proper work methods and using appropriate Safety equipments understanding that their career advancement is linked with SAFE performance.
- Contractors, sub-contract workers, transporters and visitors entering the factory shall be required to observe health and safety practices of the company in all their activities.
- All contract jobs will be carried only through the laid down procedures with appropriate supervision.
- The company will carry out safety audits, risk assessment studies, emergency mock drills, periodic assessment of health of its employees as well as status of environment, and implement remedial measures.
- Employee, consumer and public awareness where necessary, will be imparted with the required education, training and retraining on Safety and health aspects related to the process and products.
- The company will include a resume of its health and Safety performance in its annual Reports.
Since the success of a company depends on the health and safety of its employees, it is imperative that work place hazards be identified, appropriately evaluated and effectively controlled to achieve this goal. Whole hearted co-operation of all is solicited for this.
We, at the Travancore-Cochin Chemicals Udyogamandal are always committed to conservation of energy by all possible means.
To accomplish our mission, we strive for:
- Technological upgradation to reduce specific energy consumption.
- Conducting energy conservation studies including energy audit and adopting the apt measures for conserving energy.
- Contacting other organisations and enriching our experiences on energy conservation.
- Using renewable energy sources to the extend possible.
- Disseminating knowledge and information on energy conservation to our employees.
- Low energy fuels also to be tried depending upon feasibility.
We are committed to enhance customer satisfaction by providing products and related services complying with a continually improving Quality Management System. We observe stringent quality control measures thereby providing to our valued customers quality products and consistency thereof. We have an enviable track record of order delivery with zero defects.
We are well aware of the responsibility that manufacturing industries bear towards environment. Conserving the resources of environment from pollution and preserving healthy living conditions are important concerns at TCC. Our commitment is to sustain the toxic-free environment observing statutory stipulations and legal regulation.
We believes in pollution prevention rather than pollution control. Our activities comprise awareness programs among the employees, customers, contractors and all those who are associated with us. Our endeavour is to minimize hazardous emission and waste and to reduce the impact of the manufacturing activities. TCC aims to achieve zero effluent discharge by the end of this year.
To,The Travancore Cochin Chemicals Limited