Providing you the best range of Soil Testing Additions such as Load Truss, Proving Ring, Rotap Sieve Shaker, Plate Bearing Test Apparatus, IN Situ Vane Shear Test Apparatus, Static Cone Penetrometer , 10,000 Kgf (Engine Driven Model) and many more items with effective & timely delivery.
|Reference Standard : IS 1888 1962, ASTM D 1194, BS 13779|
Model No VK-O1 : LOAD TRUSS 20 TON CAPACITY
The truss is of welded 1- girder construction in two halves which can be bolted together when required. The flower chord, the cross- pieces for holding the truss down and the truss down and the vertical thrust members are all of welded box type construction with two channels enclosing and welded to an I girder. The anchorages are of a design tried out and perfected at CBRI- Roorkee. They consist of semi cylindrical pieces each held down by 3 feet long steel spikes driven in through holes drilled in the semi cylinder. The spikes enter the ground at about 60 degree to the horizontal, four from each side spaced along the length of the anchorage. The cross- pieces are moored to the anchorages by channel straps and bolts. Eight such anchorages are supplied with the 20 ton truss. Guy wires with turn backless are supplied keep the truss erect.
Model No VK-O2 : LOAD TRUSS 30 TON CAPACITY
Same as above but twelve anchorages and spikes instead of eight.
Model No VK-O3 : LOAD TRUSS 50 TON CAPACITY
Same as above but sixteen anchorages and spikes instead of eight.
|Available in Compression & Tension Variants.|
Tension Proving Rings :
- S.no. 1, Capacity: 2.5 kN, 250 kgf
- S.no. 2, Capacity: 5.0 kN, 500 kgf
- S.no. 3, Capacity: 10.0 kN, 1,000 kgf
- S.no. 4, Capacity: 20.0 kN, 2,000 kgf
- S.no. 5, Capacity: 50.0 kN, 5,000 kgf
- S.no. 6, Capacity: 100.0 kN, 10,000 kgf
Rotap Sieve Shaker
|To make process of sieving simpler and quicker, Rotap sieve shaker is useful , this produces circular shaking of the sieves. At the same time the sieves are tapped. The mechanism for imparting circular action and topping is oil immersed in a tank and in motorized. The shaker can accommodate upto 7 nos. Sieves of dia 150mm or 200mm. Suitable operation of 230 V A.C. Single Phase.|
Plate Bearing Test Apparatus
|Reference Standard : IS 1888 1962, ASTM D 1194, BS 13779|
This is for estimating the bearing capacity of shallow foundations in situ and for the design of flexible pavement. In the test procedure a steel plate is subjected to gradually increasing load and settlements of the plates recorded.
- The out fit consists of 50 tonne hydraulic jack with separate pumping unit fixed to it a 0 - 500KN x 0.5KN. 1No.
- Pressure gauge and flexible metal pipe 5 mtr. long 1No.
- Special ball and socket arrangement between the jack and the bearing plate 1 No.
- Extension rod 12mm dia x 25 cm long for taking dial gauge readings 16 Nos.
- Magnetic base with female thread on top for holding extension rod 4 Nos.
- Top end plate, 50mm, dia with male thread for fitting onto the extension rods and positioning the dial gauge plunger 4 Nos.
- Column 15cm dia x 25cm long with flanges complete with four bolts and nuts 2 Nos.
- Column 15cm dia x 50cm long with flanges complete with four bolts and nuts 1 No.
- Bridge support of welded steel angle construction , 5 mtr. Span and stands approximately 30 cm. High. Fitted with two quick release clamps a for positioning and holding the dial bracket 2 Nos.
- Plane M.S. plate 60cms x 60cm . Square x 60 cms. Square x 25mm thick. Plane M.S. plate 45cm x 45cm x square x 25mm thick. Plane M.S. plate 30 cms x 30 cms x 25mm thick. Dial Gauge 0.01mm x 25mm - 4 Nos.
- Plane M.S. 75mm x 25mm thick
- Plane M.S. 50cm x 25mm thick
- Grooved M.S. plate 60cms x 60cms x 25mm thick
- Grooved M.S. plate 45cms x 45cms x 25mm thick
- Grooved M.S. plate 30cms x 30cms x 25mm thick
- Grooved M.S. plate 75cms x 75cms x 25mm thick
- When plates of size more than 30cm sq, Are used , in order to prevent deflection of the edge, a series of smaller plates are advised to be placed concentrically on the bottom plate.
- Flexible rubber pipe 1 mtr. length can be supplied for the hydraulic jack in place of metal pipe at extra cost. For site testing load trusses to meet the reaction of loading are available in different capacities as under.
IN Situ Vane Shear Test Apparatus
|Reference Standard : IS 4434-1967|
The apparatus is designed for conducting in situ vane shear test from bottom of a bore hole in saturated cohesive deposits for determining their in place shearing resistance. The equipment consists of a torque applicator assembly mounted on a base, a gear wheel, which is marked in degrees, holds a torque ring and is geared to a crank, the torque ring is a split ring & deforms as torque is applied & the deformation is indicated by a dial gauge. A calibration 2 chart to convert dial gauge readings to torque force in kgs/cm is supplied. A pointer is provided For registering the rotations of the vane, a detachable stand is provided to anchor the instrument an attachment to securely hold the string of rods is provided the equipments comprises of the following :
Torque applicator assembly capacity 2000kg/cm with split proving ring & dial gauge 0.002 x 5mm complete with stand.
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 37.5mm dia x 75mm high 1 no.
- Vane ( with vane rod ) 50.0mm dia x 100mm high 1 no.
- Torque rod ( square cross section) 0.6mts long 1 no.
- Rods quick couplind type, 1 mtr. long 1 no.
- Rods quick coupling type, 1 ½ mtr. long 1 no.
- Dummy rod, corresponding to 37.5mm dia vane 1 no.
- Dummy rod , corresponding to 50.0mm dia vane 1 no.
Static Cone Penetrometer , 10,000 Kgf (Engine Driven Model)
|Reference Standard : IS 4968 (PART III)|
For reaching greater depths and to facilitate easy and constant rate of penetration 1 to 2.5cm/sec of the cone this engine-driven Static Cone Penetrometer of 100 KN (10,000 Kgf) capacity is preferable. The equipment consists of a hydraulic pump driven by a Diesel Engine. The whole system is mounted on a tow able trolley fitted with pneumatic wheels. The pumping unit and ram are connected by means of flexible pipes through a direction control valve. The hydraulic ram moves on a two pillar stand mounted on a trolley.
Complete With The Following :
- VK-1 Penetration Cone, steel 60 cone angle, 10cm2 base area, with friction jacket One
- VK -2 Mantle Tube, 36mm uniform OD with sounding Rod working length 1 m Thirty
- VK -3 Load Measuring Head, with Automatic cut-off valve, and oil can without pressure gauges. One
- VK -4 Pressure Gauge, 0-600 x 5 kg/cm One
- VK -5 Pressure Gauge, 0 100 x 1kg/cm One
- VK -6 Trusses Two
- VK -7 Screw Anchor 45 cm Six
- VK -8 Screw Anchor 30 cm Six
- VK -9 Screw Anchor 20 cm Six
- VK -10 Screw Anchor Rod with cone Six
- VK -11 Driving handle for Screw Anchor One
- VK -12 Extension Pipe for Handle Four
- VK -13 Clamping Screw with Nuts Six
- VK -14 Extractor Tube with Connector One
- VK -15 Tool Box One
- VK -16 Tarpaulin Cover One
Split Spoon Sampler
|Reference Standard : IS 2131-1963, IS 9640-1980|
Model No VK-01
This is used for standard penetration test for determining penetration resistance (N valve) of soil which can be related to unconfined compressive strength. Penetration resistance (N value) of soil is determined by giving a number of blows with a 65 kgs weight falling through a given distance of 75cm required to penetrate the assembly to a depth of 30 cm when properly seated on the ground. The sampler is made from a steel tube split length wise & held together by a head fitted with a ball check valve & a hardened steel shoe in size cutting edge of 35mm dia. The sampler is 35mm i.d. & 50.8mm in outer dia & 508mm long. One adopter to connect 'A' type drill rods is also supplied.
Spares : Body of split spoon sampler, shoe of split spoon sampler, head of split spoon sampler.
Split Spoon Sampler with Liner: Model No VK-02
IS 2131-1963, IS 9640-1980
Same as VK-01 but the diameter is increased to accommodate a brass liner complete with brass liner.
Tripod Stand for SPT
|This can be used in drilling operations to increase the footage & improve jab safety consist of three metal pipe legs approximately 5 mtr. long connected by a tie bolt each leg is made up of two parts for ease of transportation complete with one pulley one leg has building ladder|
Portable Aluminium Derrick With Pulley
|It is a light weight aluminium derrick can be dismantled fro ease of transpiration . the equipment is suitable for shallow soil sampling, standard penetration tests & lifting operations complete with upper tie bolt & ball but without sleeve. The pulley is use with portable aluminium derrick. It attaches to the ball at the top of the derrick.|
Drop Hammer And Guide Pipe Assembly
|Weight 65 Kg. Complete with two end caps to give a free fall of 75cm the drop hammer.|
Relieved / Unreleived Sampling Tubes
|For collection undisturbed samples of 38mm dia for triaxial strength and unconfined compressive strength either straight from the field or from a sample of larger diameter. The wall thickness is maintained approximately 17 per cent. Both relieved and unrelieved sampling tubes are available. In the relieved type of tube, the internal diameter is relieved by about 0.5mm (inside clearance 2%) beyond approx. 19mm length from the cutting edge of the tube. This is most suitable for highly cohesive soils. In the unrelieved type, the internal diameter is uniform through out. This type is most suitable for soil of low cohesion. These 38mm dia tubes are available in different lengths. |
- VK-01 Unrelieved : (a)150mm, (b) 200mm, (c) 225mm (d) 300mm long.
- VK-02 Relieved : (a) 150mm (b) 200mm, (c) 225mm, (d) 300mm long.
|(a) For preparing 38 mm dia Soil Specimen|
The outfit comprises: Sample Extractor, Screw type with a wire sample Timmer. Split Mould, 38 mm dia x 76 mm long. Split mould, 38 mm dia x 88 mm long (in two parts) can be fitted to the screw type extractor enabiling solt specinens to be prepared ready for unconfined compression test. They are fitted with quick release system. Sampling tube 38 mm dia x 150 mm long. Sampling Tube 38 mm dia x 200 mm long. Jarring link for driving the Sampling Tube. Adaptor with locking screw for fitting the sampling tube to jarring link.
Sampling Outfit (Heavy Duty)
|Undistributed samples of soil at different depths can be collected using these sampling tubes. The kit includes all necessory implements for boring, collection and sealing with wax. The operation may be carried out either using a tripod stand or without it. The equipment is supplied in a canvas carrying bag.|
150 MM Auger blade type, complete with handle, 'T' piece and 1 mtr. long rod - 1 No Extension rod 1 mtr. long and 37.5 mm diameter 5 Nos. Jarring link (Large) for driving samplers eye hook, one wax container, one Methylated spirit stove, One wax laddle, and one pair of spanners complete in carrying case.
Samplers for undistured sampling are available in different sizes. These are used with sampling outfit. Each sampler is 45 cm long and is supplied complete with two end caps, cutting nose, driving head with air outlet valve and 3 Nos. C-spanners. Samplers are available in 50 mm dia, 100 mm dia & 150 mm dia. Thin walled samplers are also available in diameters 50 mm, 75 mm and 100 mm. Each sampler is 60 cm long and its cutting edge is hardened. These samplers can be used with sampling outfit 'A' drill rods by using suitable adoptors.
Sampling Auger (Post Hole Type)
|Augers are used to collect disturbed soil samples at reasonal depths for laboratory tests. Augers are available in two types and each in different sizes. Blade type (posthole type) and helical type (screw type). Each auger outfit consists one each of auger head, one meter long rod, tee piece and handle. Depth of excavating can be increased using additional extension rods. |
VK-01 Auger Posthole Type :
(a) 50mm, (b) 75mm (c) 100mm dia (d) 150mm dia
VK-02 Auger Screw Type :
(a) 25mm, (b) 38mm, (c) 50mm, (d) 75mm, (e) 100mm, (f) 150mm, (g) 200mm, (h) 250mm, (i) 300mm dia,
Extension rod 1 meter length with threading at both ends and couplings, set of two spanners and tee piece.
Swell Test Apparatus
|It is designed to determine the swelling pressure developed by soil specimens moulded to desired densities at knows moisture contents when soaked in water. The load applied to restrain the swelling is transferred to a load measuring proving ring through a perforated swell plate and a load transfer bar. The proving ring is attached to the lead screw of hand operated load frame. A soaking tank is provided for saturating the specimen and the base of the mould has channels and radial grooves with connecting holes it consists one each of : |
- VK-1 Load Frame, Hand Operated, Capacity 50 KN (5,000 kgf)
- VK -2 Mould, 100mm dia x 127.3mm height (1,000ml volume) with base plate and collar
- VK -3 Proving Ring, with integral boss, high sensitivity 2.5KN (250 Kgf) capacity
- VK -4 Dial Gauge , 25mm travel, 0.01mm least count Lid & receiver in G.I. frame for 300mm dia x 450mm dia sieves
- VK -5 Perforated swell plate, 100mm dia x 16mm thick
- VK -6 Spencer, 100mm dia x 12.7mm thick
- VK -7 Pair of Porous stones, 100mm dia x 12.7mm thick
- VK -8 Load Transfer Bar
- VK -9 Steel Ball
- VK -10 Soaking Tank, 250mm dia x 210mm high
CBR Apparaus (Field Type)
|Reference Standard : IS 2720 (PART XXXI) 1969.|
In recent years it has become important to know C.B.R. values in situ. It is useful in determining the load carrying capacity in the field when in place density and water contents are such that the degree of saturation is 80% of greater, when material is cohesionless and coarse grained, such that it is not effective by changes in water contents and when the material has been in place for considerable the loading is effected by means of a mechanical load frames which can be fixed to the under side of a truck.
Mechanical screw loading jack, 10,000 kg. Capacity with u-bracket and swivel head. Penetration piston, 50mm dia. Threaded at the upper end. Extension rods consisting of 2 lengths 5 cm. g lengths 10cm. 1 length 30 cm., 1 length 50 cm. and 1 length 100 cm. used as spacers between the proving ring and penetration piston. The lengths are machined from steel tubing. Connector set, has eight connectors for coupling the penetration piston and proving ring assembly either directly or through extension pieces. Dial gauge support of seamless pipe constructions. It stands 30 cm high and 45 cm. Wide at the base. Provided with a quick release screw type clamp capable of sliding and locking anywhere along 2 meter length of the bridge. Supplied with annular metal weight 5 kg., 250mm dia with 53 mm dia central hole, slotted metal weight 5 kg., 215mm to 250mm dia with 53 dia slot 2 nos.
Dial Gauge 0.01mm x 25mm. High sensitivity proving ring 5000kg capacity with calibration chart and carrying case.
Trixial Shear Apparatus, Motorised Model
|For determining the triaxial shear strength of soil specimens of 38mm, 50mm, 75mm and 100mm dia.|
Model No : VK-01 : Single Speed
Consists of :
- One load frame 5000 Kgf motorised , consists one rate of strain type, giving the following rates of strain. 1.25mm/min . Load frame is supplied with a dial gauge bracket. Universal triaxial cell (stationary bushing) 10kg/cm.sq. One lateral pressure assembly 0-10 kg/cm.sq. One lateral pressure assembly 0-10kg/cm.sq. complete with foot pump and rubber hose. One high sensitivity proving ring capacity 1000kg. One strain dial gauge 0.01 x 25mm. Suitable for operation on 230 V A.C.
- Model No : VK-02 : 30 Speed
- Same as VK-01 but the motorised load frame capacity 5000 Kgf has 30 rates of strain from 0.00048 mm/min to 6.0mm/min . Suitable for operation on 230 V A.C.
High sensitivity proving ring capacity 2500 Kgs with calibration chart and carrying case
Pore Pressure Apparatus
|This apparatus is used for measuring pore water pressure and pore air pressure in soils. This is as per the principals outlined in the book “ measurement of soil properties in triaxial tests” by A.W. BISHOP and D.J. HENKEL. This is used as an accessories for triaxial test apparatus. |
Model No : VK-01 : Capacity 10kg/cm2
The apparatus consists of a panel for wall mounting on which are fitted 1.0 to 10kg/cm sq x 0.1kg cm. sq. a pressure gauge, bourdon tube type 15 cm dia.
Manometer : Glass u-tube manometer for measuring low positive pore pressures negative pore measures and checking zero error of pressure gauge. It is provided with a mercury trap (mercury supplied at extra cost.) Null indicator made out of clear transparent Perspex with mercury trap and cursor to indicate the mercury level.
Burette : 50ml burette for measuring the volume change in the soil specimen. Pressure pump fitted with four sleeve packed valves, operated by means of a hand wheel on the end of the piston rod which is threaded through the pump cap and gives a smooth, fine adjustment of pressure. Copper coil and water reservoir is fitted on board with complete stand assembly. The unit is tested against leaks up to 10kg/cm sq.
Model No : VK-02 : Capacity 20kg/cm2 - Also available but fitted with pressure gauge 0-20kg/cm x 0.2kg/cm sq. SPARES : Polythene tube 3mm bore x 5 mm. O.D.