Thermal Transfer Ribbons come in three main types: wax, wax/resin or pure resin and are almost always black (other colors are red and blue). These different type of our materials are made to print onto different label materials and are used instead of direct thermal printing when the life of the label needs to be long or the labels needs to survive harsh environments.
- Wax ribbons are for printing onto paper labels, where the life of the label can be years but must be kept dry and must not be abraded or subjected to certain chemicals or oil, which would dissolve the wax image.
- Wax/resin ribbons produce a finer image on very smooth paper or coated paper labels. The printed image is much more durable than wax, but can still only stand slight contact with water.
- Finally Our pure resin ribbons are formulated to print onto plastic labels such as polyester, polypropylene and vinyl. The "ink" is designed to slightly dissolve into or adhere to the plastic surface of the label and becomes extremely durable, depending on the plastic material and ribbon make used.
We are offering the ribbon/label combinations which are known to work well together. Plastic labels with our resin ribbons will survive outside in full sunlight, can stand immersion in water and may be resistant to chemicals and oils dependent on type. Often used in Automotive and Aircraft parts manufacture, any items stored outside and essential for the labelling of hazardous chemicals which must remain identifiable, for example, after being submerged in sea water for extended periods.
Some other Features:
- Printing is clear and definite
- No solvent pollution
- Dry fast, scratch resistance
- Low cost
- Good packing
- Environment friendly