Towards 8 years of creating collectible tin toys for Collectors world over, Welby Impex Pvt. Ltd was founded in 1989. Only a trading company then, it was dealing in many products including toys and novelties.
In1995, distribution setup for toys & games in Delhi was formed which is running successfully till date though under another family concern -Toys & Trends. 1997 was the year when Mr. Paresh Chawla director of the company visited the Nuremberg Toy Fair in Germany and grabbed the opportunity to start exports of tin toys from India. Even though this was trading business, a thorough check was kept on the quality by checking each and every piece in the company's warehouse. Continuing till the year 2001 as trading company and building up the reputation in the international market, the company needed fast growth. It was decided to install our first toy manufacturing facility to better utilize the distribution pipeline already in place word over.
A factory at a time when manufacturing tin toys in India was considered obsolete and was limited to very few and all toys were made of plastic. This 1100 sq. ft. factory in Delhi and later in Noida produced tin toys meeting Quality standards that were above all other tin toys manufactured and sold in India and the west.
Early 2002 saw growth opportunities and a new factory was constructed in Toy City, Greater Noida to increase number of new items and production. Tradition of old hand operated machinery was kept alive for production of toys, along with new machinery for the deep draw and tooling.
With a 7200 sq. ft. of factory space in TOY CITY, Greater Noida, 20 Kms from Delhi, we are currently a workforce of 40 people and growing. Mr. Paresh Chawla heads the technical, production and operational chores, the finance chores are headed by Mr. Yogesh Chawla, and the design and marketing by Mrs. Roopa Chawla. Our turnover has steadily grown each year by an average of 15%, targeted to gross over Rs.1 crore in sales in FY05.
- The cost of power being amongst the cheapest in the country
- Good availability of skill and semi skilled labour
- Healthy working environment
- Swift access by roadways and railways from all major towns in India
- Access to and from Delhi (20 kms) is within 45 minutes by car and public transport
- Land freely available for vast expansion
Factory, machinery and infrastructure details:
- Built in 2002.
- Currently encompassing 7,200 Sq. Ft. area, total capacity of 33,000 Sq. Ft. of construction area.
- Thirty-nine hand presses machines have total production capacity of 300,000 toys per annum.
- One hydraulic automatic 15 Ton machine for deep draw upto 15 CMS .
- One shearing machine.
- Two lathe machine.
- One Milling Machine.
- One Surface Grinding machine.
- Two drill machines
- QC facilities that are randomly inspected by qualified personnel while in production and packing.
- Factory meets all necessary compliances viz. health, safety, labour and municipal regulations.
- Virgin tin plate is used procured from Tata Tin Plate.
Mould designing, Manufacturing and storing process:
- Toy and Tools are designed using Cad Cam and Pro-V software?s.
- Key Tooling are made by Wire cut machines and CNC
- Dies & Tooling are mai
Our vision for the future is to offer great new products and services through continuous innovations and inventions, thereby improving value both inside and outside our organization. And meeting commitments with quality and quantity are our strength- “never commit more then one can deliver” is our motto!