MR. Home Guard - PLUG is modified cement, which consists of carefully selected additives, which set very fast within few minutes. It is useful in stopping the flow of running water and is effective even under hydrostatic pressure. It is a ready to use product and requires the addition of water only leaking. Dripping of water can be stopped by mixing MR. Home Guard – Plug with water to form a stuff putty consistency which can be used as a plug.
- When used for repair work, the substrate has to be cleaned from dirt, oil, grease and other contaminants which could impair the adhesion of MR. Home Guard- Plug
- Area to be patched have to be cut back up to 15 mm and given good mechanical key, do not feather edge
- To plug leaks, crack opening are tube cut back up to 20 mm square in shape, remove all loose material and debris and fill the gap with MR. Home Guard - Plug
- Prepare covering at the junction
- Normally MR. Home Guard PLUG is mixed with 2-3 parts of water by volume
- It has to be quickly used as soon as R is mixed, because it starts hardening within few minutes
- Add water in one go, do not re temper, Mix only as much of the material required
- For larger work and thickness it should be mixed in dry condition with 1 to 3 parts of fine sand and water to get required consistency
- In order to achieve required result and complete water proofing of the area, apply 1 coat of MR. Horne Guard – Plug over the repair area and around it on either side
To prevent rapid loss of water and consequently loss of strength, standard curing practices should be followed, immediately after MR. Home Guard - Plug reaches its final set.
We are looking queries from Pune, Mumbai.