Balmer Lawrie & Co. Limited
Established in 1867, we, Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd. is a leading organization affianced in the area of manufacturing, wholesaling and exporting a broad plethora of Composite Drums, Conical Drums, Galvanized Drums, Lacquer Drums, Open Top Drum, Tall Barrels, Internally Painted Drums etc. In their development process, we assure that only top notch basic material is used by our professionals along with ultra-modern tools and machinery. Besides this, we check these on a variety of grounds before finally shipping them at the destination of our customers.
In order to attain high level of customer satisfaction, we have developed for ourselves a huge and well facilitated infrastructural set up which is equipped with all the latest tools, technology and machinery. Our facility is divided into a number of departments. Working in close coordination with each other, all these are headed by their respective managers in order to maintain a friendly and organized environment at work.
|Nature of Business||Exporter and Manufacturer|
|Company CEO||Shalin Joshi|
|Total Number of Employees||501 to 1000 People|
|Year of Establishment||1867|
|Legal Status of Firm||Limited Company (Ltd./Pvt.Ltd.)|
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 1000 - 5000 Crore|
Trade & Market
|Export Percentage||upto 20%|
|Quality Measures / Testing Facilities||Yes|
|Import Export Code (IEC)||02880*****|
Packaging/Payment and Shipment Details
Since our incorporation in this industry, we have been steady in providing superior quality array of products in accordance with the requirements of our clients.
Following are some of the factors:
Strong focus on quality compliance
Easy mode of payment
The company has a multi locational manufacturing base with factories in:
- Taloja - Navi Mumbai
About The Company
It has 6 manufacturing units across the country including a state-of-the-art High Throughput Plant at Taloja, Navi Mumbai. Customer Segments include PSU Oil, MNC Oil, Local Oil, Transformer Oil, Chemicals, Additives, Agro chemicals, Food & Fruit Pulp companies.
The Technology & Product Development Centre located at Industrial Packaging, Kolkata plays a pivotal role in enabling quality up gradation, product innovation & diversification keeping pace with changing technology.
Balmer Lawrie has two joint ventures in this domain:
- Balmer Lawrie-Van Leer Ltd. in India which was formed in 1993 and manufactures steel drum closures and plastic containers. Van Leer Industries was acquired by Greif Inc. Corporation headquartered in Delaware, Ohio; USA and then partnered with BL in BLVL. Greif Inc. Corporation is a global leader in industrial containers and products.
- Balmer Lawrie [UAE] LLC, at UAE which was formed in 1978. BLUAE, a pioneering container manufacturing company in the Arabian Gulf, is a manufacturer of steel drums, tin and plastic containers of different capacities. The major user industries it caters to include lubricants, chemicals, paints, edible oils and ghee industries. BL (UAE) is a market leader in the packaging industry.
- Mr. D. Sothi Selvam, Director [Manufacturing Business]
- Mr. B Chakraborty, Executive Director [Industrial Packaging]
- Mr. S Sherigar, Head Marketing [Industrial Packaging]
- Mr. A Pal Chaudhuri, VP SCM [Industrial Packaging]
- Mr. Ashish Choudhary, CM Finance [Industrial Packaging]
- Mr. V Rayamane, RHR Head
The teams at all the locations of SBU:IP are highly energetic and are led by a group of able leaders.
- Plain Steel Drums (Tight Head & Open Head)
- Lacquer Lined Drums (Tight Head & Open Head)
- Composite Drums
- Galvanized Drums
- Conical Drums
- Internally Painted Drums
- Necked in drums
- Tall drums (Tight Head and Open Head)
These drums are manufactured in a range of various thickness / configurations to suit different type of products (solid and liquid), type of filling (cold and hot), stackability (conical and cylindrical) etc.
- UN Certified barrels
- Highest performance with consistent raw material and products
- Special high quality paint is used which provides a superior finish
- Unique 7 Layered Profile of seam
- Sole supplier of Drums to the Indian army
- Customer Partnership Certificate from various corporate entities
- DGQA Certified for all plants to meet Defence requirements
Special purpose equipment for high quality manufacturing
- Special helium leak detector to ensure 100% leak proof barrels
- Arplas Resistance Welding Machine for high throughput and precision seam welding of body shells
- State-of-the-Art oven for paint baking
Explore our categories
Reviewed by 6 Users
Most Relevant Reviews
Raghav Prakash ★★★★★ ★★★★★
Vaibhav Kulkarni ★★★★★ ★★★★★