The Environmental Management System of BFT SpA was certified according to the UNI EN ISO 14001:1996 standard on 30.12.2003.
This corporate certificate was obtained by BFT as a guarantee of care for environmental protection which always goes along with the development of a large company. The environmental policy of BFT S.p.A. stresses the fundamental importance of continually developing its activities and services within the perspective of ecological sustainability and environmental protection, in order to consolidate customer confidence and promote the company image. BFT operates in conformity with current legislation and the agreements undersigned by the company with authorities or third parties; moreover it continuously and constantly undertakes to improve its environmental performance.
The BFT organisation intends to develop, maintain and improve an environmental management system conforming to the UNI ISO 14001standard, by undertaking to:
• periodically review the contents of its environmental policy in order to make it more appropriate for the type, size and environmental impact of its own activities, products and services;
• define and attain environment-friendly objectives and targets by implementing suitable management programmes, using as a reference the environmental policy and the evaluation of significant impacts associated with its own activities, products and services;
• make the environmental policy known to its employees, and involve them in improvement programs by promoting the choice of processes and materials having less impact on the environment throughout the product life cycle, from the design to final dismantling;
• divulge awareness in terms of pollution prevention to those suppliers the company has greater influence on, and involve them in improvement programmes;
• make the above-mentioned policy available to the public and customers.