Cable Corporation Of India Limited
CCI is equipped with state-of-the-art hardware, software and infrastructure to retain its leadership position in the industry. Besides being a household name in the manufacture of high quality cables, the management has played a key role in influencing major decisions and embarking on innovative solutions. Its strong vision, emphasis on team work and customer satisfaction, has earned it repute in international industry circles. Over the years, CCI was represented in CIGRE, Paris and other forums like BIS, IEEMA etc. Its Tropothen-S XLPE cables have received IEC-840 Certification from KEMA, Netherlands; its testing laboratories have been approved by the South African Standards Institution for electrical items exported to that country the company is ISO-9001 certified and has exported its products to markets in South Africa, Bangladesh, Mauritius & Middle East.
CCI's technocrats were one of the first in India to use Aluminium as a substitute for Copper as a conducting material in their cables. They have worked with the Railway and Defense authorities to manufacture special types of cables. Research and development have always been high on their agenda, and they have helped develop industry standards for electric cables and wires.
|Nature of Business||Manufacturer|
|Year of Establishment||1957|
About The Company
In May 1957, land was bought for the factory in Borivali, a distant northern suburb of Mumbai. A state of the art factory was established in this locale and all manufacturing activity was conducted under one roof.
Production at the factory covered a wide range of cables - paper insulated lead sheathed cables, PVC heavy-duty cables, PVC light duty cable wires, flexible wires, PVC cables for special applications, mining cables, screened signalling cables, airport lighting cables, XLPE cables and Extra High Voltage cables.
In March 1997, another plant primarily engaged in the production of Low Voltage (LT) cables was established at Nashik, Maharashtra. This plant was later expanded to manufacture medium voltage and High Voltage (HT) cables. In 2009, CCI setup their second plant in Nashik, for the production of Extra High Voltage (EHV) Cables up to 500kV. CCI has a leadership position in the EHV market in India.
Presently, two units - the EHV Plant & LT/HT plant - are operating from Nashik. The Borivali factory has closed down and is shifted toNashik.
CCI is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange with the Hiten Khatau group being the only continuing Promoter.
Over the years Cable Corporation of India Ltd. has grown from strength to strength. Today the wide range of cables it manufactures is synonymous with experience and quality, thus continually 'bringing power to the people'.Read More
- ISO 9001: 2008
Awards & Recognition
- The first cable company in India to receive ISO 9001 Quality Management System certification.
- Representation in the technical committee of the Bureau of Indian Standards for making specification of cables and installation procedures.
- Certification of 220 kV TROPOTHEN-S ® XLPE Cables by NV KEMA, Netherlands as per IEC 840.
- Representation in IEEMA Technical committee for Cablewire.
- As an organization, we will grow at an unprecedented pace, setting new benchmarks in our industry across the globe.
- We will build on our strong base of technological excellence, superior quality and brand leadership. This, combined with significant efforts towards cost optimization of all products and processes, will deliver innovative solutions to satisfy our customer’s needs.
- We will access new markets and reach new customers, moving from being a local player to one with global ambitions.
- We will do this embracing ethical business practices, by a motivated, competent and driven team, sensitive to the needs of our stakeholders.
- Our growth shall ensure the well-being of our employees and provide a fair return to our shareholders.
CCI has a tradition of Milestones of achievements. Some of the more significant are given below:
- 1960 “TROPODUR®” (PVC) wires and cables introduced in the Indian market
- 1961 Manufacture of Paper Insulated Lead Sheathed cables commenced
- 1962 Indigenous manufacture of “TROPODUR®” PVC compound started
- 1963 Unique welding process for Aluminium conductor cable Termination/ Joints developed
- 1966 “TROPODUR®” 3.3 kV cables for Mining application manufactured and supplied
- 1967 Manufacture of 3 kV and 5 kV PVC insulated airport lighting cable with moulded plug/socket
- 1968 Manufacture of 33 kV Paper Insulated Lead Sheathed cables commenced
- 1969 11kV “TROPODUR®” Cables introduced for the first in India as replacement for Paper Insulated Lead Sheathed Cables
- 1976 70 kV DC cables for Electrostatic Precipitator developed
- 1977 PVC compounds suitable for operation upto 105o C as per VDE 0209 developed
- 1979 Manufacture of “TROPOTHEN-X®” XLPE cables upto 33 kV commenced
- 1983 “TROPOFLEX®” Elastomer trailing flexible cables upto 11 kV in single continuous length of 1000 m manufactured for the frst time in India
- 1984 Flame Retardant Low Smoke (FRLS) and Fire Survival (FS) cables developed for the first time and large quantities supplied to Electricity Boards
- 1985 Application oriented compounds for Elastomer cables for Mining, Material handling, Ship wiring, Locomotives etc. developed indigenously
- 1986 Manufacture of “TROPOTHERM®” Silicone rubber insulated cables commenced
- 1988 Manufacture of “TROPOFLUR®” fluoroplastic insulated wires and cables started
- 1989 First in Asia, outside Japan, to get license to make EHV cables with patented MDCV process from Mitsubishi Cable Industries, Japan
- 1991 “TROPOTHEN-S®” Super tension 132 kV, XLPE Cables manufactured for the first time in India
- 1991 Seismic, Undersea, Degaussing, X-Ray HT DC Cables developed as import substitution
- 1992 “TROPOTHEN-S®” Super tension 230 kV, XLPE Cables manufactured for the first time in India
- 1993 Successfully tested the first 220 kV XLPE cables at NV KEMA, Netherlands
- 1994 Successfully manufactured and installed the 230 kV XLPE cable for TNEB at Kadamparai, Tamil Nadu
- 1994 Obtained the ISO:9001 Quality Management System Certification, the First cable company in India to obtain this certification
- 1995 Commissioned 2000 MT Aluminium Press for metallic sheathing of EHV cables
- 1996 EHV jointers' service extended to overseas project
CCI’s responsibility does not end with the supply of cables and jointing accessories only but extends to assisting customers in installing maintenance free cable network.
In line with the company's philosophy of providing "TOTAL CABLE SERVICE" to customers and cater to tailor made requirements. CCI Project Division undertakes installation of cable systems on turnkey basis. The scope includes assisting the customers in design and selection of the cable system for achieving optimum performance parameters and extends to installation and commissioning of the cable network.
The importance of achieving a synergy between design and installation parameters for a system involves the Engineering for finding total solution from concept to commissioning.
In light of the above, "Project Division" embarked upon expansion of its activities and was positioned to take up the total responsibility for Turnkey execution of a project (Electrical) so as to offer a comprehensive package, inclusive of all aspects of Project Engineering Design, Supply, Installation and Commissioning. trained in India, experienced engineers have been to Japan and Germany to give this integrated package of services.
First 220 kV XLPE insulated cable feeders in India was successfully designed, tested and commissioned by us.
We have kept pace with the latest technologies by entering into technical collaboration with manufacturers of experience and international repute. We have had technical collaboration agreement with M/s Mittsubishi Cable Industries, Japan for Project Engineering.Read More
The Projects Division offers their services in the following areas :
- Design of Electrical Systems.
- Route Survey for overhead transmission lines and underground cable system.
- Electrical turnkey project for supply, erection testing and commissioning of Sub-Stations / switchyards and Overhead Transmission Lines.
- Expansion / Modification of existing substations / switchyards.
- Industrial and Township Electrification.
- Supply, laying, testing and commissioning of PILC and XLPE cables.
- DC testing and commissioning of GIS Sub-Stations upto 400kV.
- Liasioning with Electrical utility for Power Sanction and other approvals.