- Evaluation of new and current formulations in different agro-eco regions of the country.
- Promotion and creating awareness about of the new products.
- Channelizing information to consumers for the right technical use,
- Developing interface with the State Departments of Agriculture.
- Training of agri-input dealers & farmers.
- Registration of pesticides, and label expansion on crops by generating data on different parameters like bio-efficacy, residue, persistence, toxicity etc.
Our industry deals with consumers who often lack awareness of pesticides use for enhancing their crop production & productivity and often are constrained by low resource endowments. Dhanuka Agritech Limited besides engaging prominent professionals, also engages over two thousand ‘Dhanuka Doctors’ as per need temporarily every year, for working closely with farmers at large. The field activities include:
- On field demonstrations and field days
- Educational campaigns and group meetings
- Circulation of product & technology literature
- Workshops & seminars with the participation of SMSs from the SAUs
Events & Participation
The year 2010 marked the completion of 50 Years of agrochemicals in India as the Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) started formulation in 1960 of first commercial pesticide -Gammexane, commonly known as BHC at Gurgaon on job-work basis, for Government as well as for private sale, which is owned by Dhanuka Group since 1980. Since then Dhanuka Group has made an unparalleled growth. The beginning of celebration was with ‘11 Kundiya Maha Yagya’ at Vrindavan, District Mathura, Uttar Pradesh from 16-24 March 2010 when over 5000 devotees (Vice Chancellors, Directors of Agriculture, Scientists, Distributors, Dealers, and farmers from across the country) prayed to the Lord for bountiful rains. This was followed by year round activities jointly with SAUs. Eleven One-Day MEET on ‘A Golden March towards Food Security & Sustainability’ were organized with the collaboration of SAUs across the country.
(b) National Seminar jointly with ICAR
A national seminar on ‘Transfer of Technology of Strategic Pesticides Use to Enhance Agricultural Production & Food Security’ was organized as a part of public-private partnership by the ICAR (Division of Agricultural Extension) and Dhanuka Agritech Limited on 1 June 2011. Over 400 distinguished participants- Deputy Director Generals and Assistant Director Generals, ICAR; Vice Chancellors (including Former Vice Chancellors); Deans and Directors of Research/Extension Education of SAUs, Directors, Zonal Project Directors & Project Coordinators from ICAR Institutes, Programme Coordinators of KVK, and Representative from Industry, Distributors and Farmers actively deliberated.
The Seminar was inaugurated by Dr S. Ayyappan, Secretary, Department of Agricultural Research & Education, Govt. of India and Director General, ICAR and the chief guest’s remarks during the concluding session were given by Dr V.V. Sadamate, Advisor (Agriculture), Planning Commission, Govt. of India. The D.G also released a bulletin brought out by Dhanuka on this occasion. The proceedings & recommendations have been widely circulated for action by all the stakeholders.+ Read More