The Paediatric, Squint, Orbit and Oculoplasty Department has an entire floor dedicated for children. Common problems like Amblyopia (lazy eye) are treated with ocular exercises.
The types of Surgery done in this department are-
1. Paediatric cataract surgery wih IOL implantation.
2. Corrective surgery for Squints, including traumatic and paralytic types.
3. Corrective surgery for lid deformities like Ptosis (droopy upper lid), Entropion (lid rolling inwards) and Ectropion (lid rolling outwards), Blepharoplasty and Browpexy.
4. Gold plate implantation (re-animation) for lagophthalmos.
5. Removal of eyelid tumours.
6. Reconstruction of congenital defects.
7. Orbitotomy for removal of orbital tumours.
8. Repair of ocular trauma like repair of orbital floor fractures, ruptured globes and eyelid injuries including canalicular rupture.
9. Removal of non-seeing, disfigured eyes and replacement with integrated, molded artificial eyes. Ceramic intra- orbital implants are utilised to simulate natural eye movements.
10. Ellman radio frequency knife and super Diode laser are modern technologies used for trans-canalicular bloodless DCR surgeries for obstructed naso-lacrimal ducts. These help to make oculoplastic surgery faster, easier and more patient-friendly.
11. Botox treatment for various conditions like essential blepharospasm, facial spasm and tics.
Get Best Quote
Medical Director- Dr. Samar K. Basak
Back up Medical Director- Dr. Ayan Mohanta
Executive Director- Dr. Bani Biswas
Date of Starting: 1st May, 1997.
Area Covered: North 24-Parganas, Kolkata, Howrah, Hooghly and part of South 24-Parganas & Nadia (within 50km radius)
Hospital Cornea Retrieval Programme (H.C.R.P.)- It was started in collaboration with the West Bengal Government in 2004, the first being at R. G. Kar Medical College & Hospital on 01/09/2004. B. R. Singh E. Railway Hospital, Sealdah joined the programme in 2010 and .S.I. Hospital, Manicktala, Kolkata on 09/01/12. The timings for collection are-
i) R. G. Kar Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata - 4 (Duty time- 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. & Sundays- 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
ii) B. R. Singh E. Railway Hospital, Sealdah (Duty time at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except Sundays & Holidays)
iii) E.S.I. Hospital, Manicktala, Kolkata (Duty time at 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except Sundays)
An on- call service is available for all these sites out of hours and for Gandhi Memorial Hospital, Kalyani and J. N. Memorial Hospital, Kalyani also.
EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES
The Uvea Services at Disha Eye Hospital is a tertiary service that receives numerous referrals from local and regional ophthalmologists. It consists of a dedicated team who provide investigations, diagnosis and management of a wide variety of uveitic and other ocular inflammatory disorders.
DISHA service provides advanced diagnostic and therapeutic options including-
DISHA deals with a wide range of ocular inflammatory conditions – some of which result in significant ocular morbidity and are estimated to account for 5 to 15% of blindness. Common ocular inflammations seen at our service include:
The various treatment options provided depend on the diagnosis. These options include-
Disha Eye Hospitals
RD 100, Palasdiha, Opposite Durgapur City Centre, close to Durgapur Main Bus Stand,
Durgapur-713208, West Bengal, India