Products & Services
Heubach Colour Pvt. Ltd.
Heubach has grown at a steady pace since inception and continues its forward, backward and lateral growth to serve its customers better and ensure security of supply. Heubach India is a Responsible Care company and practices sustainability as a way of life. As an ISO Certified & ISO 17025:2005 accredited company, Heubach Colour assures best Quality Management System for its range of products and services.
|Nature of Business||Exporter and Manufacturer|
|Legal Status of Firm||Limited Company (Ltd./Pvt.Ltd.)|
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 500 - 1000 Crore|
|Import Export Code (IEC)||37930*****|
ISO 14001:2004 – for the Environment Management System
- Compliance of quality control systems
- Focused Research and Development
- Efficient synthesis and finishing
- Robust infrastructure with respect to energy and waste water management
- High-tech application testing and customer service
Research & Development
- Fully equipped Research & Development laboratories
- A centralized laboratory for Raw material testing
- Separate laboratories for carrying out In-process control test for each product
- Analytical laboratory is equipped with modern instruments like GC, HPLC, Particle Size Analyzer, AAS, and UV Spectrometer
Heubach Group's 7-year growth plan "Pigment 2000" begins from 1995. This plan strengthens the synergy between access to latest technologies and the now global presence of Heubach. It foresees the development of several new factories and production facilities for a diversified and comprehensive range of organic and inorganic pigment lines as documented in the list of achievements of the "Pigment 2000" - concept so far:
- Start-up of Heubach's first Indian Plant for the production of Phthalocyanine-Green pigment. Doubling of the anticorrosive pigment plant capacity in Germany.
- Start up of Heubach's new iron oxide pigment factory in Germany.
- Start-up of a new operation for production of colour dispersions in Germany. Doubling of Indian green unit.
- Doubling of mixed metal oxide pigment plant capacity.
- After only 18 months of construction, Heubach inaugurates its newly built Phthalocyanine-Blue factory in India.
- Start-up of a new operation for dispenser colorants in Germany.
- Start-up of a new operation for Indanthrone Blue (PB60) and Brominated Phthalo Green (PG36) in India.
- By January 1, Heubach acquires the Lightfast pigment business from Bayer AG. In August, Heubach announces acquisition of Avecia's pigment business comprising high performance automotive pigments, phthalocyanine and azo pigments and specialty pigment dispersions.
- Presentation of WSA-series (Wide Spectrum Anticorrosive) at the European Coatings Show
- Inauguration of high performance Plant II in India. Introduction of TICOS, a new class of organic / inorganic hybrid pigments.
- Introduction of Bitan, a new class of high performance inorganic yellows.
- Inauguration of high performance Plant III in India.
- Incorporation of Hangzhou Heubach Pigment Co., Ltd in China.
- Heubach officially opens a new production plant for pigment preparations in Langelsheim.
- Commissioning of the indanthrone crude facility..
- Equipped to conduct specific application testing as per customers test method.
- Equipped to conduct comprehensive Application testing in specific applications of Inks, Paints and Plastics.
- NABL-certified facility to test all listed PCDD/F, PCB congeners and HCB content
- State-of- art facility and skilled manpower to analyze trace impurities
- Capabilities to analyze all types of sample matrix
- Facility is available for external users on chargeable basis.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 – for the competence of testing & calibration Laboratories
About The Company
13th Century- Decorative Glass:
Heubach’s ventured into manufacturing of Decorative Glasses in the middle of 13th century. Fragmented documentation suggests that during 400 years to follow, 7 more generations of Heubach’s carried on their family’s entrepreneurial tradition of glassmaking till the middle of 18th century, before Johann Simon Heubach turned to porcelain manufacturing.
1764- Porcelain Business:
In 1764, Heubach’s started Porcelain manufacturing along with Johann Georg Greiner, inventor of porcelain. The Heubach family later expanded porcelain manufacturing to all provinces of Thuringia, Germany. Later, Johann Gabriel Heubach adds manufacturing of porcelain dolls to the traditional lines of Decorative China and becomes one of Europe’s largest exporters in this field. Till today, Heubach’s 19th century porcelain dolls are a part of collectors’ items and are preserved in museums, showcased in auctions and antique fairs mainly in Europe and North America.
1804- Pigment Business:
In 1804, business partner of Friedrich Louis Heubach’s father-in-law, Eduard Heuäcker, starts “Goslarer Farbenwerke” (Goslar Colorants Works). After 1830, Eduard Heuäcker takes charge of white pigment operations in Oelze and Osterwieck (near Goslar). After 1867, under Louis Heubach’s mentorship, the operations of Osterwick plant are doubled and Louis Heubach receives gold medal for technological leadership from Emporer Franz Joseph at 1873 World Fair in Vienna. Later, Louis passes his business on to son Carl in 1884. Under Carl’s direction, the operation increases production from 300 to 2000 tonnes in 1914.
Heubach Colour Pvt. Ltd. is an active member of the Ecological and Toxicological Association of Dyes and Organic Pigments Manufacturers (ETAD), a global organization based in Basel which is dedicated towards addressing toxicology and environmental issues relating to the dyes and pigment manufacturers and their user industries Mr. Ravi Kapoor, Managing Director, Heubach India, is also the president of ETAD board presently. Heubach is an active member of the Environmental Sustainability Committee (ESC) and works closely with the government and industry to propagate the right technology and sustainability for waste management.+ Read More
Start-up of Heubach Engineering, which installs turnkey plants for metal oxides.
- Heubach & Lindgens GmbH is founded by merging the metal chemical activities of the two old family operations Heubach & Lindgens. Founding of Heubach Inc., after the purchase of the pigment business of E. I. DuPont de Nemours in Newark, New Jersey (USA). After this development, the Heubach group is active in both, Europe and America. In less than 4 years, sales are doubled and profits increased by more than tenfold before 1988. Heubach sells the Newark operations to the Cookson group and creates the financial base for further expansions.
- Heubach's presence in North America is continued by a new US company, Heucotech Ltd., which is founded in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania. This company specializes in coloured pigments and high quality pigment preparations for paints, printing inks and plastics.
- Heucotech's 80,000 sq. ft. complex in Fairless Hills, PA., is expanded by a second 60,000 sq. ft. premise.
- Formation of Penarroya Oxide S.A., headquartered in Paris. Since 1966, the manufacturing operations in Mexico, are now expanded to Germany, France, Spain and. This 50/50 joint venture combines the metal chemical business of Heubach & Lindgens with that of Metaleurop S.A. As of today, Gotz-Georg Wehling becomes President of Heubach Europe. He restructures the European activities and positions Heubach for the strong growth.
- Heubach expands to Asia with foundation of Heubach Colour Ltd. In the Gujarat state of India, a 25 acre site is acquired to build one of the largest organic pigment colour complexes worldwide over a 7 year period. It is the largest single project in Heubach history and is realized under Ravi Kapoor in close cooperation with Heubach Europe.
- Heubach group of companies undertakes expansion with foundation of Hangzhou Heubach Pigment Co., Ltd. It complements Heubach Group’s presence in China in order to ensure short delivery times and the utmost in service to global and local customers.
- Where People Use The Best Technology To Manufacture The Highest Quality Of Pigments And Preparations To Bring Value To Our Customers.
- Where Manufacturing Is Done In The Most Responsible Manner Using Sustainability In Product Development And Production.
- Where Innovation , Safety And Health Of People And Environment Management Are Top Priorities.
- Where Work Is A Pleasure And Customer Satisfaction A Goal.
Service / Product Application Areas
- Coating Industries
- Ink Industries
- Plastic Industries
- Digital Electronic Industries.
Corporate Social Responsibilities
- To recognize and respond to community concerns about chemicals and our operations
- To develop and produce chemicals that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of safety
- To make health, safety and environmental considerations a priority in our planning for all existing and new products and processes
- To report promptly to officials, employees, customers and the public, information on chemical-related health or environmental hazards and to recommend protective measures
- To counsel customers on the safe use, transportation and disposal of chemical products
- To operate our plants and facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health and safety of our employees and the public
- To extend knowledge by conducting or supporting research on health, safety and environmental effects of our products, processes and waste materials
- To work with others to resolve problems created by past handling and disposal of hazardous substances
- To participate with government and other creating responsible laws, regulations and standards to safeguard the community, workplace and environment
- To promote the principles and practices of Responsible Care® by sharing experiences and offering assistance to others who produce, handle, use, transport or dispose of chemicals.
Heubach Colour Pvt. Ltd. has implemented sustainability and green chemistry in every aspect of its business.
From reducing solid waste from green production by 80% to recovery of ammonia from blue production to planting of more than 50,000 trees in the company premises to efficient solvent recycling and recovery to a program of water reduction, recycling and reuse, Heubach has implemented a host of initiatives for sustainable management and growth. Process development and optimization leading to waste minimization is the buzz word in all development activities. Water and energy as treated as precious raw material and not utilities and an ongoing optimization of use is practiced diligently and a way of life. In this regard there are many firsts to our credit:
Heubach Colour is India’s first organic pigment company who carry out in-house dioxin testing for each lot of production. The company has set new standards in the handling of solid waste and wastewater. Heubach India’s innovative development of pharma aluminium hydroxide (API) from green solid waste is one of the key factors determining Heubach’s position as one of the world’s largest and most sustainable green pigment manufacturers.
Successfully reduced raw material consumption and follow extensive use of recyclable and bio-degradable packing material. Heubach Colour has adopted technology to reduce consumption of key raw materials like Aluminium Chloride and urea consumption which are prone to generate waste due to higher than stoichometry recipes. This is a classic example of sustainability by reducing raw material consumption and reducing waste generation as well.
For treatment of effluents, Heubach Colour has also implemented a tertiary treatment plant using Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) in waste-water treatment processes for removal of refractory organics. GAC is widely used in Europe & US as tertiary treatment for effluent and is a reliable environment friendly solution. A key development which is in house is a carbon regeneration technology which allows reuse of the carbon and again is a classic example of sustainability.
Converted waste water to process water using combination of chemical treatment, ultra filtration and reverse osmosis towards the goal of long term sustainability in pigment manufacturing.+ Read More
Heubach India has initiated several environmental programs which directly affect the health and well-being of its employees, society and its surroundings.
Since 1995, Heubach India has enriched the bio-diversity of the area with an extensive plantation program of local flora and an in-house nursery. The long term plan is to plant enough trees to compensate the CO2 emissions from our production activity with O2 from the tree plantation. At inception, in 1998, the number of plant species on site was around 30. Today, this number has risen to 296 species of trees and plants as a result of the implementation of Heubach’s environment program. The biodiversity program has resulted in planting close to 50000 trees in and around the plant area. Practicing a positive fall out of the biodiversity plantation program was the increase of bird species spotted in the plant from a meager 2 to 37 species at the Heubach sites.
Heubach India’s employees have also developed a Vermiculture project where the Kitchen waste is treated in a Vermiculture pit to produce high quality compost for its vegetable garden.
According to Mr. Ravi Kapoor, Managing Director, these initiatives, are a logical part of a mandate to set up a pigment manufacturing facility in India with the highest western standards of quality consistency, safety and engineering in an environmentally responsible manner. “Western benchmarking in environmental management is the correct recipe for long term sustainability of pigment manufacturing” he insists.
AT HEUBACH INDIA, RESPONSIBLE CARE IS A WAY OF LIFE.
Registration no. and OR details is provided to customer on request.
We intend to register all relevant substances in our pigments and pigment preparations within the deadlines as detailed in article 23 of REACH (and go for authorization if required).
This statement is based on the best of our present state of knowledge and on information respectively confirmation received from our upstream suppliers.
Developing a team-oriented organization is considered of paramount importance to create a culture that essentially values and recognizes collaboration as a key to success. At Heubach, the teamwork environment emphasizes that all people are on board the decision making and implantation process for a full identification with the actions. It is also accepted that each person’s strength needs to be exploited and the weakness spread thin.
Inclusion is about creating an environment where everyone feels welcome, valued and respected. It means that all individuals enjoy a sense of belonging and level of support that allows us to do give their best. Our employees believe and assimilate that “No one of us is as good as all of us together” Cross training employees is one of the areas of concentration in building team spirit and a team oriented organization.
Focus on solving real work issues: Improving the business processes and provision of a systematic competency based employee training which helps its teams to spend most of its energy on projects involving team effort which would be more productive than the individual efforts. Involvement and Engagement of Employees through regular Team based initiatives like our initiative An hour with HR / Knowledge centre / Responsible care / Corporate Social Responsibilities and EHS initiatives and overall a clear statement of the focus and priority areas for the better understanding of the employees.
Fun at work: At Heubach, we endeavour to create an atmosphere where it is fun to come to work rather than a chore. This is done by close interaction of all team members in various activities which are not only work related but personality development, skill enhancement , motivational projects and of course sports activities which are very much looked after. Our inter department cricket tournament is closely contested and a huge annual event. At Heubach Colour, we share in the global responsibility for protecting and preserving our environment today and for future generations by not only creating energy efficient products, but also by practicing good environmental stewardship.
Our Work Force
The Heubach work culture is focused on its people and how to make coming to work a pleasure and something to look forward to , and not a bore or a chore. We believe that an enthusiastic colleague makes for a happy and contented one and who than delivers effectively for our most focused area that is our customers satisfaction. We strongly believe that our strength is our people and for them to deliver and do their job well we need to create an atmosphere of interesting and fulfilling work conditions. Accordingly there is a big stress on development , encouraging new ideas providing the resources to try them and building on a culture of innovation in all activities. We cultivate the culture that emphasizes customer centricity, teamwork, and continuous process improvement.
The Heubach Values
- Customer first
- Our people our pride
- Innovation always
- Responsible Care as a way of life
Customer oriented approach at Heubach:
Heubach seeks to practise customer satisfaction in all areas of its activities. The key focus is to bring added value to the customer be it in performance, price or services. We sincerely believe in the adage that the customer is the main reason why we do what we do and we have to ensure the satisfaction of the customer. This is done by a continuous development and improvement of the performance of and the value derived from our products and concentrating on the key areas as below:
- Identifying customer requirement and understanding their business.
- Orienting products which fulfil their requirement.
- Marketing and sales activities which are specific to the customer's needs.
- Value-added services to provide the customer with an edge.
- Continuous improvement by application and product R & D.
- Ensure reliability of supply for Responsible Care and sustainable practices.
- Become a team member and part of the customer organization.
Being an Employer of Choice:
Our people's safety, mental and physical well-being is the top priority for us and our working conditions and work culture reflects this at all times.
Heubach is a people-oriented company and we truly believe that happy and energized employees are the key to success. We are committed to attract and retain talent and by following best HR practices to ensure that they build fruitful and rewarding careers with us. We strive to create a vibrant and open work environment that is employee-friendly and socially responsible and professionally gratifying
Learning opportunities to build competencies, encouraging and empowering our people to acquire new skills and achieve higher competencies is a key strategy address our declared philosophy. This ensures matching their professional and personal aspirations.
Culture of Transparency:
Heubach believes in open, transparent and frequent interaction by communication with employees about all events concerning the company and its people. This has bought about a very healthy and congenial atmosphere in the company’s work culture and goes a long way in building employee loyalty. We leverage technology as well as the power of face-to-face interaction using multiple channels such as video conference, "An hour with HR", Knowledge Centre, Safety committee meeting, to regularly connect and communicate with employees.
Culture of Responsible Care:
Heubach, as Responsible Care Company, strives to adhere to the ethics and values of a RC company in every activity that is done . We are fond of saying " Responsible Care is a way of life" and sustainability is the key to our existence and growth.