Products & Services
|Nature of Business||Service Provider|
|Legal Status of Firm||Limited Company (Ltd./Pvt.Ltd.)|
|Annual Turnover||Rs. 500 - 1000 Crore|
About The Company
To imbibe the latest in Ship & Submarine Building and Repair technologies and serve the Defence, Maritime and Oil Sectors through all-round excellence in quality, delivery and durability.
Board of Directors
Board of Directors :
- Rear Admiral
Research & Development
Your company continues to impart training to the new entrants and existing employees as well to increase the productivity. Your company believes that Human Resource of the company is a valuable asset and put its best efforts to nurture it through proper training & motivation.
- To modernize the yard for efficient construction of Naval ships, conventional and strategic submarine.
- To augment technological capabilities in the area of ship design and ship construction.
- To train shipyard manpower on construction of modern Naval vessels through Design collaboration and Transfer of technology.
- To incorporate “Best Practices” in all key activities of the yard including Production, Planning, Purchase, Marketing, Human resources and Customer Satisfaction.
- To upgrade Welding, Cutting, Grinding and Plumbing Technologies.
- To collaborate with reputed Design Bureaus for Naval ships and Submarines constructions.
- To implement ERP system and upgrade IT infrastructure for efficient information management and transparent operations within and outside the enterprise.
- Finalisation of ToT and Design Collaboration for new ships.
- Initiation for modernisation of the yard for construction of conventional ships and submarines.
- Completion of (02) IPVs for ICG, (02) 50-Ton BP Tugs for IN, (01) vessel of 53 K Bulker for M/s GML and (01) 50-Ton BP Tug for KPT.
- To construct and repair of Naval ships and Strategic / Conventional submarines.
- To modernise the yard for efficient construction of Naval ships and Strategic & Conventional submarines.
- To augment technological capabilities in the areas of ship & submarine design and construction.
- To train manpower to construct warships.
- To incorporate ‘Best Practices’ in all key activities of the yard including Production, Planning, Purchase, Marketing and Human Resource.
- To upgrade Welding, Cutting, Plumbing and outfitting Technologies.
- To upgrade ERP and IT systems for efficient information management and transparent operations.
- Finalisation of ToT and Design Collaborations for new ships and submarine.
Corporate Social Responsibilities
- Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) considers Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as a means to serve the society including all stake holders. All activities under CSR vision of the company forms an integral part of the Business function and covers community development initiatives prioritised on local needs.
- The yard continues to show its commitment towards CSR even though it is not required to allocate dedicated funds towards CSR being a loss making organisation in accordance with the DPE guidelines. As a part of it, the Board of Directors has constituted a Board level sub-Committee on CSR and Sustainability and formulated a CSR & Sustainability Policy and Plan for the year 2013-14. The Chairman of the Committee is Shri Samirendra Chatterjee, IAS (Retd.), Non-official Part time Director.
- A Senior Management Committee on CSR & Sustainability has also been constituted to monitor the implementation of the CSR Plan for the year 2013-14. The Senior Management Committee is chaired by an officer in General Manger Cadre with HODs/ Senior Officers from all concerned Departments of the yard as its members. The Committee oversees and implements the CSR Plan for the year 2013-14.
- Since HSL is a loss making organisation, the company has identified some of the need based CSR initiatives for the betterment of the local people and society. The following activities have been undertaken for the betterment of all stakeholders, local people and the society at large as a part of CSR initiative of the Company .
Our Core Values
- Ship Repairs
- Submarine Refit
Our Future Plans
- Ship Building Division
- Ship Repairs Division
- Submarine Retrofitting