The Kendrick Extrication Device (KED) is a device that is used in vehicle extrication to remove victims of traffic collisions from motor vehicles. Commonly carried on ambulances, the KED is typically applied by an emergency medical technician, paramedic, or another first responder. Typically used in conjunction with a cervical collar, the KED is a semi-rigid brace that secures the head, neck and torso in an anatomically neutral position. This position reduces the possibility of additional injuries to these regions during extrication.Technical Specification
- Rapid application in tight spots
- Firm support for the victim's head, neck and spine
- Further assistance can be given to the victim while the K.E.D. remains in place
- CPR can be easily performed
- MAST trousers can be applied without interference
- Traction splint can be applied will not interfere with x-rays.