Jawahar Lal Rohatgi Memorial Eye Hospital
The eye hospital was established as a unit of 'Association For The Prevention of Blindness', UP, which was founded in Kanpur, India in 1946 with the mission to eradicate needless blindness in Uttar Pradesh. Subsequently an eye hospital was established in 1956 under the name of Kanpur Eye Hospital which was later renamed to Dr Jawahar Lal Rohatgi Memorial Eye Hospital to carry on the work.
Now the hospital's innovative eye care delivery system is recognized as a model for other developing Eye Hospitals. All patients are accorded the same care and high quality service, regardless of their economic status, as a result of a unique fee system and effective management.
The Hospital follows the principle that large volume, high quality service result in low cost and self-sustainability & has the distinction of being a very productive eye care organization, in terms of surgical volume and the number of patients treated.
|Nature of Business||Service Provider|
|Company CEO||Vijay Tandon|
|Year of Establishment||1946|
1956 – Hospital construction started in a 5 acre land.
1958 – Hospital constructed with bed strength : 272.
1992 – IOL implantation started
1994 – Paramedical courses and postgraduate course started
1996 – Approved for internship by Medical Council of India
1997 – Multidisciplinary Hospital was launched
2000 – Phacoemulsification started
2007 to 2008 – Specialities like Retina, Glaucoma, Oculoplastics, Paediatric started developing.
2012 – Training programs to upgrade HR initiated.
2012 – With the help of Operation Eye Sight Universal started a Hospital Based Community Eye Care Project.
2013 – Joined hands with Vision2020 to achieve high standards of quality.
- We respect patients and staff
- We promote discipline among staff
- We provide comprehensive eye care at affordable costs.
- We treat all the patients as equals.
- We value continuous upgradation of knowledge and skills
- We promote openness to learn and share
- We promote ethical practices
- We promote transparency
- We counsel patients on informed choices and inform them of their overall rights
- We create awareness about health related issues.
- We respect our environment.
We provide complete facilities for management of eye diseases. Apart from regular eye OPD where comprehensive eye examination is done, we have special clinics too.
The hospital offers paid, subsidized and free eye care services to all. Even a fast-track facility is available for those who want to be seen by an eye care professional on a priority basis.
Some of the facilities available include:
- Cataract with IOL implantation, Phacoemulsification, Micro Phaco, Phaco-Nit
- Orthoptics, Squint Treatment
- NCT, Field Analysis for Glaucoma, Ganglion Cell Analysis, YAG Laser Iridotomy
- Diabetic Retinopathy treatment, Vitrectomy
- Laser Photo Coagulation, Fluroscien Fundus Angiography
- Retinal Detachment surgeries, Intra-vitreal injections
- Slit Lamp & Fundus Photography, B-Scan (Ultrasound for Eye)
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- YAG Capsulotomy
- Corneal Grafting, Eye Donation
- Glasses, Contact Lens, Low vision aids
- Ophthalmic Emergencies are handled round the clock.