As the years went by, MMS needed other like minded religious groups to continue the healing ministry of Kurji Holy Family Hospital. Thus, in the year 2000 it became a joint venture in which the MMS and the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth (SCN) came together to further its mission of healing. This mission is continued with several women religious groups, the Jesuits of Patna and the dedicated staff of the hospital.
Alert and responsive to the signs of the times, the hospital endeavors to respond to the various health needs of the community. The dignity of the human person supersedes all other considerations and there is no discrimination of class, caste, gender or religion. To provide compassionate, quality health care at a low cost is the aim, and the hospital puts all its resources- human, material and spiritual- at the service of the sick and for promotion of health and well being.
Kurji Holy Family Hospital (KHFH), Patna is situated on the banks of the river Ganges and adjacent to Sadaquat Ashram, is noted for its highly dedicated team of medical and paramedical personnel, together with a good infrastructure and clean environment that is conducive for healing. Holy Family Hospital had its beginning in Patna City in 1939 by the Medical Mission Sisters.
Dr. Anna Dengel , the foundress of Medical Mission Sisters had a special charism and insight into and concern for the plight of women. In 1934 Dr. Anna Dengel visited Patna. Bishop Bernard Sullivan took her on a tour and as they passed by, people called out " Give us schools and help for the sick". Did you hear that? The Bishop asked Dr. Dengel, "Of course I did" Dr. Dengel replied. In 1939 three days before Christmas Bishop Sullivan welcomed the Medical Mission sisters to Patna with the message that " a poor family is expecting you". He took them to the crib at the old cathedral and from that day onwards, taking care of the sick has been the mission of the Sisters in Patna at Padri-Ki-Haveli, Patna City. The Hospital was very crowded and the dream of having a bigger hospital - Kurji Holy Family Hospital became a reality on November 19, 1958. Padri-Ki-Haveli continued as a maternity hospital until 1963. The building was handed over to Mother Theresa's sisters who run an orphanage and Old People's home there.
KHFH today offers specialized care in Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, OB/Gynae, Orthopedics, Eye, ENT and Plastic Surgery. These Departments are supported by well equipped Laboratory with auto analyzers for Bio Chemistry and Haematology, Histopathology, Blood Bank and Bacteriology, X-ray, Ultrasound with color Doppler, Video Endoscope, which makes the investigations easier and faster. The hospital has well equipped operation theaters with the latest SA-2/RA-2 Electronic Anesthesia Ventilator and open 24 hours for emergencies. The hospital has computerized the Registration, Admission, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Personnel, Billing, Accounts and Administration Departments. It has Intensive Care Units for care of critical patients with the necessary equipments for monitoring and care including Ventilator support.
+ Read More
Nature of BusinessService Provider
Year of Establishment1958
Legal Status of FirmTrust / Association of Person / Body of Individual
HSN CodeHSN Description
30061010Pharmaceutical goods specified in note 4 to this chapter sterile surgical catgut, similar sterile suture materials (including sterile absorbabale surgical or dental yarns)and sterile tissue adhesives for surgical wound closure; sterile laminaria and sterile laminaria tents; sterile absorbable surgical or dental haemostatics;sterile surgical or dental adhesion barriers, whether or not absorbable:sterile surgical catgut, similar sterile suture materials (including sterile absorbabale surgical or dental yarns)and sterile tissue adhesives for surgical wound closure