Madhuranagar Welfare Association
Madhura Nagar formed in the year 1980 with few members scattered in different layouts. Madhura Nagar is bounded by Srinivasanagar (West) colony on East, Krishnakanth Park on the West, Yousufguda - Ameerpet Road on South and Vengalraonagar/ Siddarthanagar colonies on the North spreading over 200 acres and having population of more than 20,000 consisting of 600 individual houses and 125 multi-storeyed apartments. The colony is divided into 8 blocks viz. A, B, C, D and allotted serial house numbers block-wise for easy identification of residents and for the visitors. Know Thy Neighbour is released with name, address, phone no. profession of the house owners in the year 1992 and updated in 2000. Latest edition will be released during the Silver Jubilee year 2006. MWA acitivity is started with Milk Booth initially and has grown to the present stage.
We the committee, since inception, have been playing a crucial role for social cause and cater to the needs of our community.
The committee is reminiscent of the following events that carved a niche for itself. Some of its achievements include:
- Built Sri Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Community Hall in 1993 in coordination with Sri Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Memorial Trust and the donations received from residents. Sri Sagi Prasada Raju, S/o Late Sri Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju and Managing Director, M/s Prasad Constructions (Projects) is the life time Chairman of the Community Hall.
- In 1992-94 constructed a storm water canal in the middle of the colony with the Constituency funds allotted by Sri P. Janardhana Reddy, the MLA & same is now modelling the Nala Rahamathnagar to Srinivasacolony (W).
- In 1995 built a library, its extension and a memorial conference hall through donations made by colony resident Sri Kaja Satyanarana Murthy. The 2nd floor was constructed with Courtesy of Sri Kanumuri Ramakrishnam Raju and Sri N. Prabhakar Rao in the year 2004.
- Built Smt & Sri Dandu China Satyanarayana Raju Indoor Stadium and Gym in 1999 with Courtesy of Sri D. L. N. Raju, Madhuranagar and funds available with Sri Sagi Ramakrishnam Raju Community Hall. Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh, SAAP has given a generous grant of Rs 4.00 lakhs for wooden flooring.
- Launched successfully a house-house garbage collection campaign in 1993 and implementing uninterruptedly.
- Motivated the residents to file "Self-Assessment of Property Tax" returns – a scheme introduced by MCH and the property tax is reached to the tune of Rs 3.50 crores per year from 13.00 lakhs.
- Contributed Rs 6.75 lakhs to "Janma Bhumi" programme launched by AP Govt. and got roofed the nala, developed Janma Bhoomi Road and 3 major Parks.
- Conduct regularly sports and games on Republic Day. Summer Shuttle Coaching Camp for 45 days. Sponsoring District level State Level Shuttle Badminton tournaments at smt & Sri D. Ch. S. N. Raju Indoor Stadium, Madhuranagar.
- Maintaining three parks developed by MCH.
- Efforts being made to help MCH in its campaign of Voter Identity Cards to reach every eligible voter and also ration cards.
- Scholorships to economically poor and deprived students who scored more than 60% marks in 10th Class studying in Govt Schools for their higher studies since 2007.
|Nature of Business||Service Provider|
|Total Number of Employees||11 to 25 People|
|Year of Establishment||1981|
|Legal Status of Firm||Trust / Association of Person / Body of Individual|
|Annual Turnover||Upto Rs. 50 Lakh|