Supply Chain Planning & Optimization
NMS assists clients in doing so by :
- Customer Service Standardization: Determining customer needs and wants related to logistics, recording of the response to the service and finally benchmarking the service levels
- Transportation: Assistance is provided in selection of mode and transport, service selection, freight consolidation, carrier routing, vehicle scheduling etc.
- Inventory management: Raw materials and finished goods stocking policies, short-term sales forecasting, determining product mix at stocking points, evaluating number, size, and location of stocking points, just-in-time, push, and pull strategies, information flows and order processing etc.
- Warehousing: Space determination, stock layout and dock design, warehouse configuration, stock placement, materials handling ,equipment selection etc.
- Purchase: Supply Source selection, purchase timing etc.
- Co-operate with production/operations: Specify aggregate quantities,sequencing and timing production output
- Information maintenance: Information collection & storage, data analysis & control procedures