Waterproofing of Roofs:
Most roofs are constructed in reinforced concrete, which is known to have pores & capillary tracts. Water penetrates through these capillaries aided by the osmotic effect.
Concrete is known to be inherently weak in tension; cracks & voids can also form due to thermal expansion, contraction & shrinkage.
As a result, water will seep through these voids. Therefore, waterproofing is required to keep the roof water-tight since they are exposed to the weather.
A waterproofing treatment like brickbat coba is also weak in tension and therefore cracks, permitting water to percolate. The slope provided in brickbat coba helps water to drain. But after cracking, makes it a storehouse of water causing persistent dampness.Areas of Application:
Features & Benefits:
- Flat and Sloping RCC roofs
- The exterior of shallow basement rafts & walls with the low ground water table
- Protection to lift pits and concrete foundations
- Rust protection for galvanized sheet roofs, metal & asbestos cement sheet roofing, etc.
- Waterproofing - High film build-up provides excellent water resistance
- Elastomeric - Excellent flexible properties can easily accommodate all normal building movements
- Seamless - Can be applied to complex shapes to form a seamless and highly durable waterproofing membrane
- Chemical Resistant - Provides effective protection against alcohol, salt solution, and mild acid/alkali
- Adhesion - Adheres firmly to most of the building surfaces including concrete, felt, brick, metal, etc. in both horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Lay an open-woven glass fiber mesh or PE based Spun-bonded fabric immediately after the application of the first coat
- Please note that before the commencement of the application at the roof and parapet wall junction (over the coving) or in any pipe inserts or ducts, the insides of the ducts, corners, etc. This shall be done by applying two coats of Dr. Fixit Solyseal sandwiched with a mesh as mentioned above
- Now apply the second coat of Dr. Fixit Solyseal at the same rate of 0.9 litre/ m 2 in a direction perpendicular to the first and allow the membrane to air cure
- Within the first 48 to 72 hours, take up the application of brickbat coba. Before doing so, a geotextile membrane must be laid over the entire Dr. Fixit Solyseal membrane to prevent it from damage
- The brickbat coba mix of cement & sand must be admixed with Dr. Fixit Pidiproof LW+, an integral waterproofing compound at 200 ml/ 50 kg cement and allow curing properly with water in accordance with good curing practices
- Water vapor Transmission - Very low impermeability, ensuring the watertight for all substrates
- Water-based – Easy cleaning of tools and brushes by water
- Easy to apply - Suitable consistency for easy application by brush