ITDOSE Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been developed with the objective of streamlining the treatment flow of a patient in the hospital, while allowing doctors and other staff to perform to their peak ability, in an optimized and efficient manner.
The HMIS developed by ITDOSE is modular, thus ensuring sustained benefits through changes in technology, protecting and providing optimal returns from the investment. It is modeled on a unique combination of a 'patient centric and medical staff centric' paradigm, beneficial to the recipients and the providers of healthcare. HMIS uses a network of computers to gather, process, and retrieve patient care
and administrative information for all hospital activities to satisfy the functional requirement of the users. It
also helps as a decision support system for the hospital authorities for developing comprehensive health
The HMIS incorporates an integrated computerized clinical as well as financial information system for improved hospital administration and patient health care. It also provides an accurate, electronically stored medical record of the patient. A data warehouse of such records can be utilized for statistical requirements and for research. HIS is based on the exemplar of a centralized information system designed for quick delivery of operational and administrative information. The software is built around a highly optimized core library. Application modules are layered around this core and can be suitablycustomized for any user specific requirements
- Client server database architecture
- Based on RDBMS for easy retrieval and better performance
- Portable across a variety of platforms
- Easy GUI interface
- WEB Based HIS
- WAP enabled features
- User friendly administration
- Audit logging of transactions
- Standard function keys
- Comprehensive user security
- Tier Application Architecture.
- IIS 6.0 Application Server.
- My-SQL 5/ SQL Server Data Base Server.
- ASP.NET 2.0(C#), Java-Script for application Development.
- AJAX enabled feature in application.
- All MIS Reporting is Crystal Report XI.
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Server (Recommended).
- IE 6.0 Web browser on client
- Essential Standards
The proposed HMIS and LIS shall adhere to, but shall not be limited to, the following international
a) Digital Imaging & Communication in Medicine (DICOM) - For image
b) Health Level 7 (HL7) - For messaging & communicating with HL7 compliant systems
c) International Statistical Classification of Diseases & Related Health Problems of 10th Revision (ICD-10) - Controls for ICD coding of discharge diagnosis detailsSystem Overview
ITDOSE HMIS/LIS is based on fully redundant 3-Tier architecture which developed on .Net Technology
which allows for scalability, central management of business rules, reduced maintenance and single point
of deployment. Platform independent and open source compliant application which is web based.Presentation Layer
• HTML : platform independent
• Browser based client : thin client model
• No client installation for applicationApplication Layer
• Option for open source, free servers without loss of performance / features
• Reusability i.e. component based
• Standards driven i.e. no vendor locking
• High availability
• Easy to upgrade i.e. server level upgrade onlyApprox order value above 1,00,000