Implants have become the standard of care for treatment of edentulous and partially edentulous patients. Numerous appliances can be employed to enhance implant treatment in both their surgical and prosthetic phases. From proper diagnosis and treatment planning to uneventful placement and delivery of restorations, implant treatment can be accomplished in a simple way and is considered an extension of Crown and Bridge treatment. Most implant systems in existence today offer numerous alternatives to address different cases and different clinical scenarios. Excel Dental Laboratories is a one-stop shop for leading-edge implant systems. We are one of the few laboratories to offer complete implant service from start to finish, including case planning, implant selection and design, technical support, and treatment planning consultation. We’ve chosen to work with some of the most popular implants including, but not limited to: Nobel Biocare, Astra, 3i, Lifecore Biomedical, Straumann, and Zimmer. Nobel Biocare™ provides a versatile range of implants, suited to every indication you could encounter and all designed to deliver Beautiful Teeth Now™.
Excel Dental Laboratory provides implant systems that are designed with integrated aesthetics. It is a system that works together with nature in supporting the natural healing process instead of interfering with it. BIOMET 3i pioneered the development of biologically driven implants, winning worldwide acclaim for the microtextured surface and superior clinical success rates of the OSSEOTITE® Implant. Lifecore Biomedical offers an extensive line of dental implant systems featuring a broad range of implant types and surfaces, numerous restorative components and surgical instrumentation.
Implant-Level Impresion Taking Closed-tray
1. Before placing the Implant Transfer, make sure the pin engages the threads in the apical part of the transfer. The pin should not be visible below the indexing. If the pin is visible this could prevent the Implant Transfer from being seated correctly.
2. Use the pin as a carrier to seat the transfer into the implant.
3. Tighten the Implant Transfer securely into the implant. Make sure the internal hex is correctly engaged before tightening the pin. Secure the pin using light finger force.
4. Prepare a rigid impression tray with space for the transfer, without interfering with the tray. Inject elastomeric impression material around the Implant Transfer and into the impression tray as soon as possible after the Temporary Abutment or Healing Abutment has been removed.
5. Take the impression.
6. Lift the tray after the impression material has set and unscrew the Implant Transfer.
7 - 8. Reposition the Implant Transfer in the impression. This is most easily done by tightening the transfer into the Implant Replica and using the replica as a handle during the positioning. Check the impression for correct and stable retention of the Implant Transfer.
Perform the first registration of jaw relations to enable mounting of the working model and opposing model into the articulator.
1. Tighten the Implant Pick-up securely in the implant. Make sure the internal hex is correctly engaged before tightening the implant guide pin. Secure the guide pin with the Hex Screwdriver using light finger force.
2. Use a standard or customized impression tray. Make sure the guide pin can penetrate the tray without interfering with it. The prepared hole is covered with wax, which is penetrated by the guide pin during impression-taking.
3. Inject the elastomeric impression material around the Implant Pick-up and onto the impression tray as soon as possible after the Temporary Abutment or Healing Abutment has been removed.