Occupational Health & Safety Management System
ISO 18001 Certification is a consensus standard developed in 1999 by an independent group of national standards bodies and certification bodies (registrars). OHSAS stands for Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series. OHSAS 18001 is structured the same way as ISO 14001, the environmental management system standard, and has essentially the same elements. It was specifically developed to be compatible with ISO 9001, the quality management system standard, and ISO 14001 to allow companies to develop and register integrated quality, environmental and occupational safety and health management systems.
The elements of ISO 18001 Certification(OHSAS) include
1. Developing an OHS Policy
2. Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment
3. Identifying Legal Requirements
4. Setting OHS Objectives
5. Establishing an OHS Management Program
6. Training Employees
7. Implementing OHS Control Measures
8. Emergency Planning
9. Document and Record Control
10. Internal Audit Programs
11. Corrective and Preventative Action
12. Management Involvement and Management Review.
13. Steps to OHSAS 18001 Certification
ISO 18001 Certification – Benefits
Organizations that have implemented a system to improve the management of health and safety practices have reported reduced improved employee safety awareness, fewer accidents and reduced costs. In addition, OHSAS 18001 provides a structure, companies can use to integrate quality, environmental and safety and health program management for increased management efficiencies. Many companies find they need to address health and safety elements as they implement ISO 14001 management systems because of the strong interconnection between environmental and safety and health programs in areas such as emergency planning and risk assessment.
Steps of getting ISO 18001 Certification
The process for establishing an OHSAS 18001 management system is essentially the same as the process used of implementing an ISO 14001 Certification system:
1. Preliminary review of existing programs and systems
2. Identification of hazards and applicable laws and regulations
3. Developing new procedures
4. Training personnel
5. Implementing new programs such as internal audit and management review
6. Seeking certification of the OHSAS program
How can ASCENT World help to get ISO 18001 Certification?
Our Team offers a variety of Consulting Services and Solutions.
We understand that each organization or person is unique. Our Solutions are comprehensive and will be customized to meet your specific needs.
1. Provides well-planned and stage by stage audit program.
2. A sound, coherent and non disruptive assessment.
We have an enviable record of customer satisfaction.
Plot No. 638/262, 1st Floor, Tajpur Phadi Jaitpur Road
New Delhi - 110044 Delhi, India
Have a requirement?
Get Best Price1