About the Company
Nature of BusinessManufacturer
IndiaMART Member SinceApr 2010
Mukand Iron & Steel Works Limited, re-christened 'Mukand Ltd.' on and from March 23, 1989, was registered on November 29, 1937. The Company then operated re-rolling mills and foundry in Lahore and at Reay Road, Bombay. Two years later, Lala Mukand Lal who had the controlling interest in the Company and had been doing constructive social work under the guidance of Mahatma Gandhi, expressed his desire to leave the Company. The Mahatma asked Jamnalal Bajaj and Jeevanlal Motichand to take over the Company which was then under serious financial strain. They did so after some persuasion, in 1939.
The Steel Plant at Kalwe commenced operations in 1965. A structural shop, later re-christened 'Machine Building Division' was also set up at Kalwe by the same year. The Company established its leadership in the two businesses, steel and machine building, fairly quickly.