MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR MANUFACTURING FACILITIES
- An improving economic picture is creating new demand for manufactured goods.
- Whether you''re building new facilities or refurbishing an existing plant, the equipment you use today is fitted with sensors that generate reams of data on every aspect of its operation.
- Few businesses take full advantage of that information, but those that do have a big advantage. They''re able to optimize production to the highest degree: minimizing maintenance expenses and downtime while reducing energy usage and environmental impact.
- If your company has recently upgraded equipment, or is making plans to do so, what will you do with the data those machines generate?
- With CSC''s Smart Manufacturing Operations offering, you can:
- Optimize your equipment for greatest profit. CSC''s Smart Manufacturing Operations offering enables the operation of plant equipment to its maximum capacity, increasing revenues and profits.
- Shift from reactive to predictive maintenance. Using machine-to-machine data, CSC''s Smart Manufacturing Operations maintains a real-time picture of operating assets versus capacity and service needs. You can operate equipment at full capacity to maximize revenues, while scheduling service for the least production impact. You can shift production work between plants in your portfolio by viewing plant capacity across your company.
- Accommodate critical orders. Our solution offers plant managers a window into production-line capacities to schedule new orders at a plant or plant portfolio without interrupting the flow of work in process. This means you will be better prepared to meet the expectations of key customers for elevated levels of service and responsiveness.
- Operate at peak energy efficiency. CSC''s Smart Manufacturing Operations enables plant managers to directly track energy efficiency, sustainability and environmental compliance. Upper-limit alerts give managers time to minimize energy costs and avoid environmental, health and safety fines.
- Business success is widely attributed to the use of advanced analytics. A recent MIT Sloan Management Review survey found that 45% of survey respondents strongly agreed that the companies that use BI and Analytics were twice as likely to be top performers as lower performers in their industries.
- CSC''s Smart Manufacturing Operations is a powerful business information and analytics solution that uses data from plant and corporate systems and external sources to create operational insights presented through specialized, preconfigured and user-configurable dashboards and reports, giving plant managers the information they need to optimize many parameters essential to meeting demand and reducing cost.
SMART MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS STRATEGY
CSC will work with you to develop a clear strategy, architecture and roadmap to guide your transformation. We will specifically address critical manufacturing functions, including:
- Operating equipment effectiveness
- Supply chain and inventory
- Energy utilization and efficiency
- Health and safety
- Environmental compliance
- Financial performance