Silicate Solubilising Bacteria (CFU: 2 x 109 Cells / ml)
SUN BIO SS-BAC is a biological fertilizer based on a selected strain on naturally occurring beneficial bacteria. Silicate Solubilising Bacteria is used as an effective soil inoculant. It solubilizes silica and provides the plant with strength to tolerate biotic and abiotic stresses and improves its resistance to pest and disease attack.Benefits:
- Silicate solubilising bacteria effectively mobilizes unavailable silica ions present as insoluble silicate complexes and make it assimilable by plants.
- It strengthens the plant and makes it resistant to attack by pests and diseases by strengthening the cell walls.
- It protects crops from lodging, aids the plant in combating biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Natural Silica solubilization improves both plant and soil health and also aids in soil remediation.
- The increase in the beneficial microbe population in soil improves soil health.
- Silicate solubilising bacteria is earthworm friendly; pet friendly, eco friendly.
- Increases the stand persistence, longevity and hardness of crops / plants.
Mode of Action:
SUN BIO SS BAC containing the microbe produces organic acids as part of its metabolism. The dormant forms of Bacillus spp. cell on reaching the soil get activated and produces fresh batch of active cells. These cells grow and multiply by utilizing the carbon source in the soil or from root exudates. They supply H+ ions to the medium and promote hydrolysis and the organic acids like citric acid, oxalic acid, ketonic acids and hydroxyl carbolic acids which form complexes with cations and make the silica available to the plants.
Cereals, millets, fruits, vegetables, flowers, sugarcane, plantation and field crops.
Dosage and Method of Application
Soil Application (Per Acre):
Mix 1 liter of SUN BIO SS-BAC with 50-100 kg of well decomposed manure or cake and apply evenly on moist soil.
Mix 10 ml of SUN BIO SS-BAC in 1 liter of water and apply near root zone by drenching
Fertigation (Per Acre):
Mix 1-2 liter of SUN BIO SS-BAC in sufficient water and apply in the root zone through drip system.