The pressure filter comprises of a pressure vessel available in MS, SS, and FRP containing the media, provided externally with a valve and piping to direct and control flow of water during treatment and for cleaning. The media is supported by layers of crushed gravel / silex of specific size. The vessel is provided with inlet and outlet strainers for distribution / uniform collection. These strainers will ensure even distribution across the surface of the filter bed. To control and measure flow during normal and cleaning operations, flow indicators are provided at an optional cost.
Unit is provided along with all piping, valves, filter media, instruments and accessories.
: Sand filters are used for removal of suspended matter from raw water. Sometimes a step of coagulation / flocculation using coagulants such as alum is needed before the water reaches the filter.Activated Carbon Filters:
Activated Carbon Filters are used for removal of free chlorine from water, also for removal of odour and organic matter. Normally the activated carbon filters are placed downstream of multigrade filters. If the raw water is already filtered, they can be used as a first unit.Dual Media Filters
: Dual Media Filters are use coarse anthracite on top of fine sand. Fine sand improves filtrate quality. Anthracite has higher surface holding capacity. Net result is depth filtration resulting in higher filtration rate. Examples: 1. Multi Grade ( fine + coarse sand) filters 2. AnthraciteIron Removal Filters:
Iron Removal Filter is used to remove Iron from water. IRF consists of a Manganese Dioxide layer, which works as a catalyst in converting Ferrous to ferric, which can be easily precipitated and filtered physically.Bag Filters:
Unfiltered fluid enters the housing and is distributed evenly around the filter bags. Filtration takes place from inside to outside. Solids are collected on the inside of filter bag for easy removal. The filtered fluid then exits through the outlet pipeApplication
- Filtration of surface water
- Removal of Suspended solids, Free chlorine, Colour (Miner)
- Removal of colour, odour and taste.
- Removal of oil from condensate
- Energy efficient design
- Removes suspended solids and turbidity
- Uses minimum time, space, chemicals
- Uses alum, FeSO4, FeC13, NaAlO2 for coagulation
- Uses polymer for flocculation
- Uses lime and Na2Co3 for chemical precipitation.
- Simple to operate
Water Quality:Feed water should not contain oil & grease and excessive amount of algae.
- Low power consumption,
- Provides greater flexibility
- Minimum possibility of carryover
- Minimum amount of water lost
- Minimum operator attention required
- Simplifies maintenance, Low capital cost, space saving, compact, easy operation
- Minimizes dewatering cost of downstream equipment
- Suspended solids more or less completely.
- Turbidity : < 2 NTU
- Free Chlorine : Nil