|Roll Weight||34 kg|
|Roll Length||5 (Lineal Metres)|
|Composite Weight||5 kg/m2|
|Roll Width||1350 mm|
Silentstep is a new generation of acoustic carpet underlay, comprising a flexible mass-loaded barrier, fused onto a high-density premium foam underlay. The combination of these two products allows Silent step to reduce the transmission of impact-generated noise.
Silentstep was developed to meet market noise reduction requirements in multi-storey living, commercial, automotive and marine markets.
Easy to cut and lay, it offers excellent support and a firm cushioned base for all types of carpet applications. It is ideally suited for lightweight flooring constructions such as timber and marine applications where fibreglass and composite floor panels are used.
When laying carpet over a floor constructed using lightweight timber and Joists, typical standard underlay offers little effect in reducing the transmission of football and impact noise.
Silentstep isolates the barrier layer from the floor structure, increasing the performance of the floor system between two rooms. This feature means that critical frequencies generated during speech and electronic audio technologies such as radio and television etc can be reduced.
Silentstep products are environmentally safe, contain no ozone-depleting substances and comply with European and Australian standards for Volatile Organic Compound emissions.
- Bonded foam is made from 100% recycled material
- No ozone-depleting substances are generated during manufacture
- Free from lead, odor producing oils and bitumen
- Easily installed by quality carpet layers. No special tools or fixtures required
- Uses specially made, high density, high rebound bonded foam as the impact layer
- Long service life, will not degrade like rubber underlay
- Foam is treated with Ultra-Fresh to resist mold, mildew, bacterial growth and dust mites
- Available in roll or sheet form, or custom made to suit (minimum order quantities apply)
- Standard barrier weight 4kg/m2. Other weights available on request, subject to minimum order
- Mufti-storey living areas constructed frorn lightweight materials with the intention to lay carpet
- Placed under solid timber or parquetry flooring using Pyrotek''s flooring systems - contact your local Pyrotek Representative
- Marine vessels. stop engine noise travelling into staterooms, salons, VIP cabins etc
- TransPort industry; under automotive, flrewalls, wheel arches, hoot mats, and transmission tunnels
- Motor homes and luxury motor coaches
View Complete Details